Single Game Tickets Now on Sale

Started by ModAdmin, May 06, 2023, 12:16:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Get Yours: Single-game tickets on sale now

TORONTO - Fans across the country can now take their pick of which CFL games they?d like to attend this year.

Single-game tickets went on sale for all nine teams in the league at 1 p.m. ET on Friday......

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/05/05/get-yours-single-game-tickets-on-sale-now/

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

pjrocksmb

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on May 06, 2023, 02:19:34 AM
Hopefully see some better crowds

I think we will.  It's taking longer than I would have suspected, but people are starting to come out of their covid shells and attend things in person again.  A club I'm involved in is finally getting some decent attendance.  It's not just that being covid-scared that kept people away, it's that people got into the habit of sitting on their butt at home.  People need to get back in the habit of going out.  A CFL game is the perfect place to go.  I think people are getting back their appetite for going out.  That horrifically long winter may be part of it.

Less than a month till PS kickoff!  Woot.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: pjrocksmb on May 06, 2023, 02:19:34 AM
Hopefully see some better crowds

Than last year? What are you guys talking about?

Last years attendance was about as good as you're going to see. We made over $5 million as a club.

We had one dud in the middle of a rainstorm when the crowd looked mid.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on May 06, 2023, 02:49:57 PM
Than last year? What are you guys talking about?

Last years attendance was about as good as you're going to see. We made over $5 million as a club.

We had one dud in the middle of a rainstorm when the crowd looked mid.

I was thinking we were talking CFL-wide, not just IGF.  However, I think even IGF can surpass 2022 attendance.  Trust me, there were still a lot of covid-scared in 2022.  People are eager to go out now.  Even the WHO just admitted the pandemic is over.

As for WPG, we're coming off the 3rd straight GC appearance, into a "revenge" year, with our team stronger than it's ever been in this multi-year run.  We'll have the best O in the league.  If weather cooperates, I don't see how we can't do better in attendance.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 06, 2023, 11:39:05 PM
I was thinking we were talking CFL-wide, not just IGF.  However, I think even IGF can surpass 2022 attendance.  Trust me, there were still a lot of covid-scared in 2022.  People are eager to go out now.  Even the WHO just admitted the pandemic is over.

As for WPG, we're coming off the 3rd straight GC appearance, into a "revenge" year, with our team stronger than it's ever been in this multi-year run.  We'll have the best O in the league.  If weather cooperates, I don't see how we can't do better in attendance.

Yes I was talking about CFL as a hole

Yes I am also hoping for bigger crowds for Bombers

Bomber store said months ago season tickets were going well

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 06, 2023, 11:39:05 PM

My bad, I was definitely talking about IGF.

League wide, I'm hopeful that Edmonton, BC, and Montreal can pick it up a bit. Although BC is in tough without Rourke. Just an absolute shame he didn't stick around.

Don't think any other team really has hope to improve.
My wife is amazing!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Jesse on May 07, 2023, 02:49:53 PM
My bad, I was definitely talking about IGF.

League wide, I'm hopeful that Edmonton, BC, and Montreal can pick it up a bit. Although BC is in tough without Rourke. Just an absolute shame he didn't stick around.

Don't think any other team really has hope to improve.

Yeah it is hard to be optimistic

GOLDMEMBER

Calgary is still a shocker to me still. No one even cared about Covid out there so you cannot use that as an excuse. I am guessing that stadium is so bad people do not want to go.
Calgary is dumb when it comes to pro sports venues.
Saddledome is pathetic and seems to be ever in limbo.
Stamps new home seems to be a complete after thought.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 08, 2023, 11:33:33 PM
Calgary is still a shocker to me still. No one even cared about Covid out there so you cannot use that as an excuse. I am guessing that stadium is so bad people do not want to go.
Overstated a wee bit imo
Many in Alberta cared about covid, but yes less as it's right wing heaven
Calgary agree has a venue issue for Stamps
New arena coming for Flames

Sec223

Quote from: pjrocksmb on May 07, 2023, 03:24:10 AM
Yes I was talking about CFL as a hole

Yes I am also hoping for bigger crowds for Bombers

Bomber store said months ago season tickets were going well

Did you think employees at the Bomber store would say anything else ? LOL

Jesse

Quote from: Sec223 on May 09, 2023, 10:57:32 AM
Did you think employees at the Bomber store would say anything else ? LOL

I certainly don't have any reason to think otherwise.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 08, 2023, 11:33:33 PM

I'll be going to the Bomber game there this summer. I'm really curious to see how crappy it is in person, lol.
My wife is amazing!

bluengold204

Quote from: Jesse on May 09, 2023, 12:06:39 PM
I certainly don't have any reason to think otherwise.

I'll be going to the Bomber game there this summer. I'm really curious to see how crappy it is in person, lol.

A worse version of canad inns is how I?d describe it

ModAdmin

Not particularly good news for the Riders or the league...

CFL Attendances

@1CFLAtt
Saskatchewan

#Riders STHolder base is at a low. Their home opener also has well over 11,000 empty seats currently vs. their rival, Blue Bombers. Yikes

It's going to be tough ssn again in Saskatchewan to sell tickets.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pete

I think the early start to the season is going to negatively impact crowds early on.. people just aren't used to getting into football this early. Hopefully it will mean better attendance later when the weather will likely be better than in late November. One thing in the cfl's favor is that there are no remaining teams in the nhl playoffs
This year if toronto winnipeg and edmonton had gone further it would have made the cfl rethink this.