Labour Day Classic 2023

Started by Ridermania, May 05, 2023, 05:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on August 13, 2023, 03:42:37 PM
Is there any alcohol-free sections? I want to avoid buying a ticket in one of those sections if they exist at Mosaic.
Any suggestions on good, cheaper hotels within 5 km or so?
Do hotels have shuttles to the Stadium?
Is transit an option?
I'm currently thinking of staying within a 30 min walk of the Stadium and looking at purchasing some seats close to field level.

Alcohol: sit upstairs, guaranteed you can drink.  Or PIL Country  :D :D :D  You'll get on tv.

Good cheaper hotels within 5km: hahaha ahahhahaha hahahahah ahahahah ahahah ahahahahah ahahahahaha  that was funny!  There are plenty of good hotels within 5-10km, but none are remotely cheap on LD weekend.

All the downtown hotels are near the shuttle loop.  Many of the farther away hotels have shuttles, but you need to check.

The city/Riders/transit run the shuttle buses.  I have no idea what you can do for transit outside of those special buses.  No matter what you do, the buses have completely insane lines that last an hour after the game ends.  It's not as efficient as IGF games.

30-min walking is a very good option so you avoid the bus waits.  You can also stay out of town and park at one of the malls and take the shuttles that hit the malls (though those are the worst lines post-game).

Goldie is right: everything might be a bit easier, shorter and cheaper this year if the fans are depressed and don't want to show up.
Never go full Rider!

Ridermania

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on August 13, 2023, 03:42:37 PM
I'm offficially planning to go to my first ever LDC, what do I need to know....
Is there any alcohol-free sections? I want to avoid buying a ticket in one of those sections if they exist at Mosaic.
Any suggestions on good, cheaper hotels within 5 km or so?
Do hotels have shuttles to the Stadium?
Is transit an option?
I'm currently thinking of staying within a 30 min walk of the Stadium and looking at purchasing some seats close to field level.

Catch the shuttles to and from the stadium for free! Plan your route to the game here!

Stadium shuttle rides are offered for Saskatchewan Roughrider football games at Mosaic Stadium. Buses run continuously back and forth from several convenient locations starting two hours and 15 minutes before a Rider game. The last bus departs each location 30 minutes before kickoff. Buses will return to the drop off locations at the start of the 4th quarter and continue to shuttle until one hour after the game has ended.

Locations

Warehouse District
University of Regina
Downtown
Southland Mall
Turvey Center

Ridermania

Many bars/restaurants across the city run free buses.

Let me know where you get a room and I can help with details.

$5.00 beers start three hours prior to kick-off!! 

Bombers generally set-up a kiosk to sell blue/gold items!

Coors Light Party in the Park is the ultimate spot for pre-game fun with activities for Rider fans of all ages.
The Coors Light Party in the Park features:

? Inflatables, face painters, and tailgate games for all ages

? Food truck, full service bar, and ice cream truck available right in the park

? Performances by the CKRM Rider Pep Band and CKRM Rider Cheer Team

? Giveaways from the Rider Promo Team and select corporate partners of the team

Located in Confederation Park, gates open three (3) hours before all Rider home games and close at kickoff.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Ridermania on August 22, 2023, 02:07:53 PM
Locations

Warehouse District
University of Regina
Downtown
Southland Mall
Turvey Center

It would be nice if each route could list the hotels they actually stop at.  The downtown one doesn't really need any explanation, but the Mall one could use an actual hotel list.  I remember it went all over the place to like 4 hotels before the Mall for the GC.  The list of hotels actually serviced by that could help people choose hotels.

Maybe there's a website link that lists all this?
Never go full Rider!

Ridermania

Bus shuttles do not stop at hotels on the way to the stadium.

Just pick-up at specified locations, not like Grey Cup shuttle's.

https://www.riderville.com/getting-to-the-stadium/

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Ridermania on August 23, 2023, 02:25:10 PM
Bus shuttles do not stop at hotels on the way to the stadium.

Just pick-up at specified locations, not like Grey Cup shuttle's.

https://www.riderville.com/getting-to-the-stadium/

Ahh!  Thank you!  That is very useful info to know.  Thanks for being our SSK "insider"!  ;)
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Where is Ridermania having out this weekend?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

FYI

CJOB will be interviewing GOLD MEMBER and the The Golden Boy around 8:30am for LDC warm up.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 31, 2023, 04:26:42 PM
FYI

CJOB will be interviewing GOLD MEMBER and the The Golden Boy around 8:30am for LDC warm up.

You're a celebrity!  ;D
Never go full Rider!