Labour Day Classic 2023

Started by Ridermania, May 05, 2023, 05:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridermania

Tickets are now on sale for the Labour Day Classic.

Available on Ticketmaster.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

TecnoGenius

I don't see how we can't go again this year.  Last year was a blast.  The big question mark: will SSK be competitive this year...
Never go full Rider!

Horseman

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 06, 2023, 11:10:25 PM
I don't see how we can't go again this year.  Last year was a blast.  The big question mark: will SSK be competitive this year...

Hope not!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Horseman on May 07, 2023, 12:15:04 AM
Hope not!

I don't think they will be, but isn't a LDC better when they are??  Do we prefer to clobber them, or have the outcome in doubt?  Nah, let's clobber them  ;D

I do like how SSK puts more effort into the LDC than nearly every other game.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 07, 2023, 01:40:49 AM
I don't think they will be, but isn't a LDC better when they are??  Do we prefer to clobber them, or have the outcome in doubt?  Nah, let's clobber them  ;D

I do like how SSK puts more effort into the LDC than nearly every other game.

The best football game is a close football game

Horseman

I really, really, really enjoy when we clobber them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lincoln Locomotive

Attending a LDC is still on my bucket list.....
Bomber fan for life

bluebeard

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 06, 2023, 11:10:25 PM

I will be surprised if they are this season.  A lot of new faces to straighten out.  I will be surprised if the Riders do not end up in last place.

bwiser

I saw where the banjo bowl tickets are going fast. There is only about 100 tickets left in the north endzone. Could be a really early sellout.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on May 07, 2023, 03:57:35 PM
Attending a LDC is still on my bucket list.....
Hope you get a chance well worth it.

DM83

Labor Day Classic!

Actually second to none in Canada, from my experience.
Breakfast, at 8 am at the Ramada. Listening to the rural base people in town for the game, and how coming to town is pretty cool in itself.

At the game at the time we had to purchase beer tokens and go to a beer pourer  line and  give them the tokens.  Now I have not been in a few years, so is it a cashless venue?  Maybe the tokens are still efficient?

LOL! last time I went with my friends, they were too drunk to get up earlier than me, so I went for a walk around the New Football stadium area, as we had rooms at the Marriott property (Fairview?) next door.   I found the souvenir store and ticket office.  For a lark, I enquired about the Rider lounge.  Surprisingly for  a couple hundred bucks you can get a  ticket in an all you can eat center field seat at Center field(Indoor) with the CFL broadcast providing play-by-play, was available. and full course roast beef, desserts etc, unlimited.

I went back and told my buddies.  But,..... we already had seats in the Rider's Alumni Lounge,.... free, as we knew one of the alumni.  Their lounge is in the corner of the end zone, but ALL free.  Anyway, I figured, sitting center field for a Labor Day classic with free food( can't remember if the  booze was free or not) was a once in a lifetime thing.  So, my buddies went to the players lounge for free, and I bought the indoor, center field seat.....yeah! I know..."A fool and his money are soon parted"!

We all had a good time. (Plus the hotel is on the otherside of the hospital, so just in case), it was a good time. Walking distance 200 meters,  minute walk !!! Could it be any better???? (Well ya, but that's another story)

So, while my seat isn't for everyone, as outdoors, the crowd makes it very exciting (Imagine an American college game Div 1 NCAA)...so make a plan to take one of the Labor Day classics in.  It really does rival an American college game.  (And NFL games are rather pedestrian, so that comparison isn't as good.)
It will be worth the investment!  Definitely a " bucket list" item for football fans.

Ridermania

Here is the first of my many upcoming posts for LDC Events!

Revival Labour Day Weekend Parking Lot Party
Saturday and Sunday!
2 stages (indoor, outdoor)
10 Bands check back for line-up
Food Truck
Plenty of dancing and indoor outdoor fun!
$20 per day cover at the door
(no reservations, first come first serve for tables)
Doors 6pm
Entertainment starts 7pm
https://revivalmusicroom.com/

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Ridermania on July 21, 2023, 04:57:16 PM
Here is the first of my many upcoming posts for LDC Events!

Revival Labour Day Weekend Parking Lot Party
Saturday and Sunday!
2 stages (indoor, outdoor)
10 Bands check back for line-up
Food Truck
Plenty of dancing and indoor outdoor fun!
$20 per day cover at the door
(no reservations, first come first serve for tables)
Doors 6pm
Entertainment starts 7pm
https://revivalmusicroom.com/
Nice thanks. I like it there.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!