Blue Bombers sign kicker Sergio Castillo

Started by bigbuff33, May 04, 2023, 09:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waffler

And the Bombers go all in. As they should. Very good news.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Pigskin

This will be excellent for Leggs. He finally gets to shadow and learn from one of the top kickers in the CFL. He will also get to put more time into his punting. And we have a backup place kicker if something happens to Castillo.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 04, 2023, 10:47:51 PM
He's only actually played 7 games for the Bombers. 4 in 2015 and 3 in 2021. Played for lots of teams in between. Veteran player.

Reg season... he did play some playoff games too....

Guess the ESKS are up against the cap... and short on NAT depth, going with a NAT or GLB p or K...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

I guess the people who said the writing was on the wall for Legghio were, in fact, correct. Legghio likely has to make it as a punter now which is possible but more of a 50-50 at best, I'd guess.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 05, 2023, 12:12:34 AM
I guess the people who said the writing was on the wall for Legghio were, in fact, correct. Legghio likely has to make it as a punter now which is possible but more of a 50-50 at best, I'd guess.

You're hate is showing.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 05, 2023, 12:17:48 AM
You're hate is showing.

What hate? I was legitimately in the camp that thought the most likely outcome was Legghio being back. He's very much in tough now.

pjrocksmb

Leggs will still make it I bet and this is an amazing signing.

Man I'm happy.

That said does Leggs have any trade value? Not that I want that to happen nor do I think it will just curiuos.

Quote from: Pigskin on May 04, 2023, 10:49:11 PM
This will be excellent for Leggs. He finally gets to shadow and learn from one of the top kickers in the CFL. He will also get to put more time into his punting. And we have a backup place kicker if something happens to Castillo.

Agree all, this is just ideal!!!

M.O.A.B.

My guess it will be a combo of Castillo & Leggs. It's a good insurance in case one of them got injured during the game.
We might keep another 3-way American on the PR - Staton or Orozco.

The others are out - Canadian Maclean, American Anctil and the 2 Globals.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on May 05, 2023, 03:40:28 AM
My guess it will be a combo of Castillo & Leggs. It's a good insurance in case one of them got injured during the game.
We might keep another 3-way American on the PR - Staton or Orozco.

The others are out - Canadian Maclean, American Anctil and the 2 Globals.

Like a Taco trio can't go wrong :)

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 05, 2023, 12:12:34 AM
the Bombers have brought in a lot of punters and kickers to camp.....guess they want to hedge their bets
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 05, 2023, 12:53:48 AM
What hate? I was legitimately in the camp that thought the most likely outcome was Legghio being back. He's very much in tough now.

Saying he was 50 / 50 to make it as the punter only. We aren't going to see a rookie import punter added as a 2nd DI. Even a global choice is a ratio issue. One of the global punters is 36 years old and after signing Castillo he probably doesn't make it out of rookie camp. The other global hasn't signed yet.

Now if we sign an excellent Canadian punter then maybe you'd have a point.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 05, 2023, 01:30:51 PM
Saying he was 50 / 50 to make it as the punter only. We aren't going to see a rookie import punter added as a 2nd DI. Even a global choice is a ratio issue. One of the global punters is 36 years old and after signing Castillo he probably doesn't make it out of rookie camp. The other global hasn't signed yet.

Now if we sign an excellent Canadian punter then maybe you'd have a point.

Agree. It's not hard to see that the Bombers will go Cast-Legs this season.

TBURGESS

IIRC Castillo was @ $140K and Leggs @ $80K. We're not spending $220K on kickers. Most likely outcome is Castillo with one of the newly signed kickers as backup.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.