Camp times

Started by DM83, May 04, 2023, 06:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

Can someone create a depth chart?  (Like the ones we have on game day)  Please and  thanks..
I can follow those.

Probably  know the answer to this  question, but...
Are the rookie camp practices open?  Probably yes??

Are they in the stadium or the practice fields.

and what  are the times?  

Thank you!:)

Blue In BC

Too early for that. We'll still be adding and deleting players before rookie camp. Many players will be looked at for various positions, while others may be pegged into specifics. OL always rotate through each spot when a team knows where they want to focus most for a given player.

DB's and receivers do the same thing.

Even for the main TC some of the starters may not be listed in their eventual spots every day.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

I beg to differ.
All the teams I played and coached on had some sort of depth chart for any practice. Yeah they either change every day or maybe they don't if things go as planned/predicted.

Certainly not going to be stable and will be fluid.
I do like to see who is at the head of the food chain.

Somebody get something up.  Where does Bennett slot in?
Is this a legit fight to replace Jefferson? or is he  going to see some action as a rush end in a three man front, which would really screw up defensive co-ordinators.  They interchange everybody, and become a nightmare.  Ritchie Have fun.

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on May 04, 2023, 08:27:36 PM
I beg to differ.
All the teams I played and coached on had some sort of depth chart for any practice. Yeah they either change every day or maybe they don't if things go as planned/predicted.

Certainly not going to be stable and will be fluid.
I do like to see who is at the head of the food chain.

Somebody get something up.  Where does Bennett slot in?
Is this a legit fight to replace Jefferson? or is he  going to see some action as a rush end in a three man front, which would really screw up defensive co-ordinators.  They interchange everybody, and become a nightmare.  Ritchie Have fun.

Like I said we haven't even stopped adding or deleting players quite yet.

You want to believe the coaches can actually predict " depth ranking " already? lol. May as well delete a bunch of those rookies at the bottom.

Jefferson is not going to be replaced. Bennett will be used to rotate at DE and or in 3 man fronts. Ritchie uses players in multiple formations and roles.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

Both the Rookie Camp and Main Training Camp will be open to the public.

Practice times are expected to be announced next week and will be published here.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

bigbuff33

Hope we get to see practices at the IGF rather than practice field..

GOLDMEMBER

Very first day last year Goldie professionally spotted one Dalton Schoen for beating most of not all his one on ones being ultra smooth in and out of his breaks and catching everything tossed to him.

Can Goldie for 2 for 2 during camp day one spotting and real diamond? Hmmm ;D

Gonna miss Pumper there! :-[
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

the paw

Quote from: DM83 on May 04, 2023, 06:47:02 PM
Can someone create a depth chart?  (Like the ones we have on game day)  Please and  thanks..
I can follow those.

Probably  know the answer to this  question, but...
Are the rookie camp practices open?  Probably yes??

Are they in the stadium or the practice fields.

and what  are the times?  

Thank you!:)

Trying to upload one.  Accuracy not guaranteed....
grab grass 'n growl

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 04, 2023, 10:42:52 PM
Very first day last year Goldie professionally spotted one Dalton Schoen for beating most of not all his one on ones being ultra smooth in and out of his breaks and catching everything tossed to him.

That you did!  I didn't believe it at the time.  We normally find LDW-type WRs.  I hope you have a similar report on a rookie from this year's TC!  Maybe some stellar DB or DE?  I'll pay more attention to you this year!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: the paw on May 04, 2023, 10:51:56 PM
Trying to upload one.  Accuracy not guaranteed....

Hey that's awesome work.  Everything is as I'd lay it out.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Ooooh yeah, getting the juices flowing!

OK, I have not seen any film of the draftees. 
However, the second pick we have may be being groomed for a starting spot.
(Alexander is awesome, but getting ricketty!! lol!) and Haillett is probably still hurt.

Does anyone think that the second pick might be hoped to be a starter soon?

Third, do Any of the two lads selected for D-lINE have  any realistic shot? 
We can mix what we  have and be effective.  Jake is amazing. but.....

Pigskin

Kelly, might be 3rd. on the depth chart, behind BA37, and Nick Hallett who showed he can play safety last season. Noah Hallett s a big? Missed most of last season, and then back for one game and injured again. Ford might have something to say in all of this when he gets back. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.