Pre-Draft and Mock Draft Discussions

Started by ModAdmin, April 13, 2023, 01:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: the paw on May 02, 2023, 06:49:11 PM
I think if Michael Brodrique is there on our first pick, we will pick him. If not, we will go DL, probably Korte-Moore. 

I would bet the farm that we end up with one of either Brodrique or Josh White as one of our draft picks. 

Seems a little high to select a LB in the 1st 2 rounds but that's just IMO. We only drafted 1 in total in 2021 and 2022 and he didn't even report IIRC. Based on where we start Canadians, OL and DL would seem to be  choices in the 1st few rounds?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

the paw

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 02, 2023, 06:53:30 PM
Seems a little high to select a LB in the 1st 2 rounds but that's just IMO. We only drafted 1 in total in 2021 and 2022 and he didn't even report IIRC. Based on where we start Canadians, OL and DL would seem to be  choices in the 1st few rounds?

We don't pick until late, so I think the blue chip DL will likely be gone.  This isn't a great year for OL, and with Adamson switching over, we have quite a bit of depth there.

On the other hand, Briggs is 33 and Gauthier 31, so I think they are going to be looking for a high quality ST LB to groom..
grab grass 'n growl

Blue In BC

Quote from: the paw on May 02, 2023, 07:30:47 PM
We don't pick until late, so I think the blue chip DL will likely be gone.  This isn't a great year for OL, and with Adamson switching over, we have quite a bit of depth there.

On the other hand, Briggs is 33 and Gauthier 31, so I think they are going to be looking for a high quality ST LB to groom..

We have the 8th pick in the 1st round. That's a pick who we'd expect to be a starter in the near future. Tyrell Ford was the guy in 2022. We aren't going to draft a player that is destined for ST's only in the 1st 2 rounds. Maybe beyond those rounds. So that means LB is close to the bottom of choices unless that happens to be the " best " player available.

The latest mock draft shows most LB's drafted in rounds 4 to the end.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Noah Curtis is an intriguing prospect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvBH1lqsESI

If Edmonton and other teams ahead of us pass on him he might be solid pickup at 8th.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on May 02, 2023, 07:51:03 PM
Noah Curtis is an intriguing prospect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvBH1lqsESI

If Edmonton and other teams ahead of us pass on him he might be solid pickup at 8th.

I'm not sure he'll get past the Elks but he probably is gone by our pick?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

the paw

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 02, 2023, 07:47:38 PM
We have the 8th pick in the 1st round. That's a pick who we'd expect to be a starter in the near future. Tyrell Ford was the guy in 2022. We aren't going to draft a player that is destined for ST's only in the 1st 2 rounds. Maybe beyond those rounds. So that means LB is close to the bottom of choices unless that happens to be the " best " player available.

The latest mock draft shows most LB's drafted in rounds 4 to the end.

Broderique and White are both in the top 25 draft prospects.  When you consider that the top 7 guys on this list are all headed to the NFL, that puts them in the mix for late first round to second round consideration. 

https://3downnation.com/2023/05/01/3downnations-top-25-2023-cfl-draft-prospects/
grab grass 'n growl

Pigskin

Quote from: the paw on May 02, 2023, 08:04:28 PM
Broderique and White are both in the top 25 draft prospects.  When you consider that the top 7 guys on this list are all headed to the NFL, that puts them in the mix for late first round to second round consideration. 

https://3downnation.com/2023/05/01/3downnations-top-25-2023-cfl-draft-prospects/

Montreal at #7 probably jumps on Brodrique. But if they don't, this would be a good pick.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

M.O.A.B.

There are 3 possible DL taken in the first round with:
Francis Bemiy
Lwal Uguak
Lake Korte-Moore

4 with Noah Curtis. Anyone of those guys might be a good pickup since that's an area of need for the Bombers.

Blue In BC

Quote from: the paw on May 02, 2023, 08:04:28 PM

In mock draft 2.0, White is speculated as pick # 52.

I understand your logic but I don't agree.  That's what makes draft speculation interesting. Even the analysts often miss by a mile. I missed on the global draft picks.

Partially because they didn't draft DL in the global draft. Partially because we only currently have 2 rookie import DL. To me that suggests they will try to get a couple of Canadians if they are available in the early rounds.

Another few hours and we'll know what the Bombers decide.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: the paw on May 02, 2023, 07:30:47 PM

Just as I though. 3 DL picked and the only LB was our last pick which was the 2nd last pick at # 71 altogether. Not liking his chances of even making the PR but you never know.
2019 Grey Cup Champions