2023 Pickems Contest

Started by ModAdmin, April 29, 2023, 04:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Happy to announce we will be holding another Pickems Contest in 2023.  An autographed jersey (player name to be determined) will be awarded to the winner as we have done for the past several years.

The contest will begin with the first regular season game on June 8, 2023 between BC and Edmonton and carry through the season up to and including the Grey Cup.

More to come but pass the information along to friends and fellow fans. 
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

The winner last year (forgot who, sorry!): how did you like your Biggie jersey??
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Blueraid was the 2022 Pickems winner.

Barbk will again be running the Pickems contest this season, recording and posting the results following each week of predictions.

Big thanks to Barbk for taking this on again this year.  She does a great job with the contest and she is appreciated.

We will soon be announcing the player who will autograph this year's jersey. Stay tuned.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on April 30, 2023, 02:14:31 AM
We will soon be announcing the player who will autograph this year's jersey. Stay tuned.

Not gonna do a poll like last year?  I'd wait 6 games into the season so we can get a feel for what players are hot, then run the poll.
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

There are usually a variety of thoughts on this and we try to offer what we believe will be a "can't go too far wrong" option.

This year the winner of the Pickems contest will receive and autographed #89 Kenny Lawler jersey.  Hope that brings, specifically, a lot of interest in the contest and, generally, a ton of interest in Blue Bombers season this year.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on May 06, 2023, 06:26:39 AM
This year the winner of the Pickems contest will receive and autographed #89 Kenny Lawler jersey.  Hope that brings, specifically, a lot of interest in the contest and, generally, a ton of interest in Blue Bombers season this year.

Well, you can't go wrong with our top star FA acquisition and previous fan favorite!
Never go full Rider!

blueraid

Quote from: TecnoGenius on April 29, 2023, 11:09:53 PM
The winner last year (forgot who, sorry!): how did you like your Biggie jersey??

LUV it .......sorry for not replying earlier.....blueraid     

55StickCar

And I sure do like my Zach Collaros jersey from 2021. I will be wearing it proudly this Saturday as the Bomber's take on the Lions in the WDF.

55StickCar

ModAdmin

Quote from: 55StickCar on November 09, 2023, 02:39:53 PM
And I sure do like my Zach Collaros jersey from 2021. I will be wearing it proudly this Saturday as the Bomber's take on the Lions in the WDF.

55StickCar

*thumbs up*