2023 Manitoba Fishing Regulations

Started by Pigskin, April 02, 2023, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Great morning of fishing. Very little windy, catching on jigs and salted minnows, at 18-20 feet. Catch our limit in 90 minutes. Mite be the last week of fishing for our Bomber border so I would think we will be out there as much as possible.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Nice cool day in Kenora. Light jacket weather. Walleye's are crazy at the month of the channel. Lots of snags, now we separate the men from the boys. Is it a snag or a bite. lol.

Pigskin

Went to Pinefalls yesterday with my brother-in-law. Very busy at the boat launch. A number of Americans, and lots of people fishing off the dock which is a no, no. Winds was very strong and he only has a 16' Lund SSV. Started out with bottom bouncers, and night crawlers. Fished a couple humps, with salted minnows and 1/2oz jigs. The fishing was steady, but not great. A couple of monster's, 30" plus. 30 minute wait to load the boat. Manitoba Conservation checking vehicles and boats. Nailed a number of people for violations.

Pigskin

Back in Kenora for the weekend. Today was a beautiful day, and a great day of fishing. Went to Pickerel Rock and fished with a 3/8 jig and salted minnows. Steady good size walleye's all day. Looks like we mite get a couple  more weeks in before having to shut it down.

Pigskin

Big morning of fishing. Ice isn't very thick, so just fishing around our dock. Pretty much one after the other on salted minnows and 1/4oz jigs.

Pigskin

Still no ice fishing in Kenora yet. However, the fishing around our dock is still pretty hot. The kids are catching a lot of small mouth bass and perch, and few walleye everyday. 

Pigskin

Last weekend before the kids head back to school. Full cabin with our Ukraine family down for the weekend. The kids and Artem, have been catching fish all day. Lots of walleye's right in front of our dock. Still not save to travel on the ice.

Pigskin

Another amazing day at the lake. Still fishing 6' off our dock, just don't trust the ice this year. The kids are still reeling in a lot of fish. Most are on 3/8 oz. jigs and salted minnows. My Granddaughter prefers a 3/8 to 1/2 oz. jigging lure.   

Jesse

Well, me and the kid went ice fishing for the first time in our lives. Went through a club that started at her school.

Just went to lockport as we were all first timers and didn't know what we were doing. 4 hours in and our group of 20+ people collectively caught 2 fish that were barely bigger than the bait.

The kid was disappointed, but it was a good time.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Yes, it can be tough if you don't know the area well. I can honestly say if I went to Lockport today, I wouldn't know where to fish.

blue_gold_84

Eh... The Red is meh on a good day this time of year. Probably better luck on Lake Winnipeg proper - Chalet Beach and Balsam Bay are pretty consistent, and the drive is reasonable on a clear day.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Another very good weekend of fishing. The kids used mostly vertical jigging lures and spoons, as someone forgot to get more minnows. lol. Lots of walleye's in the 15"-18" size, and a tons of perch. I am glad some cooler weather is coming in, it was getting a little slushy around the dock. 

Pigskin

Slow fishing yesterday afternoon. This morning a little better, but the kids figured there honey hole went dry. However, this afternoon it's been very good again. 3/8 oz. jigging spoons seems to be the answer today in about 12' of water.