First and Ten

Started by ModAdmin, April 24, 2023, 06:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Really good article by Ed Tait on the outstanding receiver corps over the years for the Blue Bombers.  The article also includes other interesting features about the Blue and Gold.

Worth a read!

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/04/23/first-10-ranking-all-time-receiving-corps/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Lincoln Locomotive

I'd say this version of our receiving corp would be ranked in the top 2 or 3 ever for the Bombers...especially our wealth of Canadian receivers.....and especially with an all-star Winnipeg born and raised receiver, Nic Demski!   If Agudosi can work himself on the roster without injury....our receivers will be downright scary especially with two time MOP Zach throwing to them!   

We have had some great receiving corps in the past Ie Milt Stegall, Arland Bruce and Flash Gordon but then we never had any Canadian depth whatsoever....and Milt despite all his TDs and catches could never win a Cup.....just sayin'

Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on April 24, 2023, 04:38:46 PM
I'd say this version of our receiving corp would be ranked in the top 2 or 3 ever for the Bombers...especially our wealth of Canadian receivers.....and especially with an all-star Winnipeg born and raised receiver, Nic Demski!   If Agudosi can work himself on the roster without injury....our receivers will be downright scary especially with two time MOP Zach throwing to them!   

We have had some great receiving corps in the past Ie Milt Stegall, Arland Bruce and Flash Gordon but then we never had any Canadian depth whatsoever....and Milt despite all his TDs and catches could never win a Cup.....just sayin'

If Bailey would have gone elsewhere or they hadn't signed Lawler, Agudosi may have become a starter, as it stands he's going to have to wait for an injury to occur before getting another shot.  Kind of too bad, I was looking forward to seeing what they could do with him as a fulltime receiver.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on April 24, 2023, 07:08:56 PM
If Bailey would have gone elsewhere or they hadn't signed Lawler, Agudosi may have become a starter, as it stands he's going to have to wait for an injury to occur before getting another shot.  Kind of too bad, I was looking forward to seeing what they could do with him as a fulltime receiver.

Training camp can sometimes bring surprises. We'll have to wait and see.

Knocker42

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on April 24, 2023, 04:38:46 PM

I'm thinking it's a while ago but Poplawski and House might make the list of decent Canadian depth

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Knocker42 on April 24, 2023, 08:27:07 PM
I'm thinking it's a while ago but Poplawski and House might make the list of decent Canadian depth

yes and Kenny Nielsen could easily be added....however this crop is deep like never before.    Then add Olivera to the list and our Canadian depth on offence is truly the envy of the CFL....
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

If Kenny stays healthy (knocks wood) and Schoen keeps up his TD production (knocks more wood) then those two plus explosion-man Demski and workhorse Bailey and sleeper-threat Woli are easily the best receiving corps I can remember in my lifetime.  Every last one of them is a threat to score on any down.

Add in rapidly-approaching-top-3 RB Brady O and the league's best QB and OL and I don't see how you can compare our O to any O from years past.  The only wildcard this year is can the D get better after a slight down year?
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Barring injuries this could be an amazing group. Those were some pretty outstanding corps though!
I forgot Robert Gordon had that one amazing year!

the corps with Dunnigan was a memorable as well.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!