High Schooler Rumoured to Have Signed with Blue Bombers

Started by ModAdmin, April 20, 2023, 11:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lincoln Locomotive

bit of a long shot however well within the realm of possibility....
Bomber fan for life

KINGCHARLES

Very unfortunate that he didn't have his academics in order while playing a more elite high school football level.
My understanding is this more of a Winnipeg Rifles signing. I think there is hope he can get his academics in order to still maybe attend university in Canada.
There have been plenty of junior players that have found success in the CFL and, who knows having a training camp with the Bombers makes him a "territorial exemption" maybe it will help him get his head straight and fuel his drive to become a pro.
I believe when Andrew Harris first started with the BC Lions he was a territorial exemption that kinda went back and forth to the VI Raiders and the practice squad of the Lions...If you are motivated, work hard and that gifted anything is possible
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

dd

The kid went to Murdoch Mckay a couple of years ago and was a freakish athlete....academics, ah, not so much. I think we'll see him here playing Jr ball with the Rifles and then we'll see what if anything happens.

GCn19

Quote from: theaardvark on April 22, 2023, 02:05:41 PM
Not many "territorial exemptions" get made... AH33 was one...

It will be interesting, if he has the chops to ride with the team on the PR or even AR for the year... does that burn a year off his ELC?

Tons of territorial exemptions are signed. Very few make it though. Cottoy, Ferland, and Whyte all immediately come to mind as players currently playing as territorial exemptions. The last Bomber territorial exemption I remember actually making the team was Brett Carter.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

Throw Long Bannatyne

DM83

If he can't get decent HS grades, I would venture a guess he doesn't have much discipline.  But hey maybe he is a one in a million