Blue Bombers add linebacker to roster - April 3, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, April 03, 2023, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers add linebacker to roster - April 3, 2023

WINNIPEG, MB., April 3, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the signing of American linebacker Joe Beckett.

Beckett (6-4, 240; Wofford; born: May 25, 1999 in Lexington, SC) played eleven games for the Terriers in the 2021 season. He led the team with 80 tackles and had 4.0 tackles for loss and a sack. He was the team leader in tackles in five of the eleven games. He also returned a fumble 55 yards for a touchdown.

For his career at Wofford, he played in 53 games with 28 starts at linebacker. He recorded 183 career tackles with 14.5 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks. He was part of Southern Conference Championship teams in 2017, 2018 and 2019, playing in the NCAA FCS Playoffs three seasons as well. After going undrafted, Beckett attended New York Giants mini camp

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pete

Looks like a good signing, pretty good stats. Runs well 4.56 forty with 23 bench reps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6rhHWyVgYc

GOLDMEMBER

Nice one. keep em coming. We need some young blood in MLB and DE positions.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Yes, this kid has very good speed, a noise for the ball, and can make plays. Looks like he also plays teams.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Similar size and stats to Givhan recently signed. Both are interesting and newbies to watch in TC.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Blue In BC on April 04, 2023, 12:56:43 PM
Similar size and stats to Givhan recently signed. Both are interesting and newbies to watch in TC.

Looking forward to the competition in training camp.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Lincoln Locomotive

Bomber fan for life

the paw

Quote from: Blue In BC on April 04, 2023, 12:56:43 PM

I looked at his college bios etc. And they all had him at 6'1" or 6'2".  I'm not sure where the 6'4" came from.

2 inches doesn't seem like much but with less length and a definite history as an inside linebacker (as opposed to an edge rusher) I think Beckett is a MLB contender, while Givhan projects as DE.  That's pure speculation on my part though.
grab grass 'n growl

Pigskin

Quote from: the paw on April 04, 2023, 05:25:00 PM
I looked at his college bios etc. And they all had him at 6'1" or 6'2".  I'm not sure where the 6'4" came from.

2 inches doesn't seem like much but with less length and a definite history as an inside linebacker (as opposed to an edge rusher) I think Beckett is a MLB contender, while Givhan projects as DE.  That's pure speculation on my part though.

I am hoping this guy is as good as he looks, and can learn our D and replace AB4 when he retires.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pigskin on April 04, 2023, 06:23:16 PM
I am hoping this guy is as good as he looks, and can learn our D and replace AB4 when he retires.
Wouldn't that be lovely

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on April 04, 2023, 10:17:37 PM
Wouldn't that be lovely

He's already used to the Gold colour in the uniform. Perfect fit. :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue In BC on April 05, 2023, 01:49:27 PM
He's already used to the Gold colour in the uniform. Perfect fit. :)

Have to find out in camp how he does in blue, don't count your chickens some players have a tough time with these adjustments.