Adding to the most dominant CFL WR corps..

Started by theaardvark, April 01, 2023, 03:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Winnipeg Blue Bombers
2h

Roster Update: Willie Jefferson has switched positions from DE to WR for the 2023 season.

#ForTheW
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

LOL. He did line up a couple of times in 2022 as a receiver in goal line situations. I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen 2 or 3 times in 2023. Even as a decoy defences have to watch out for him due to his size and wingspan. Anything that makes a defence " wonder " what's up doesn't hurt. However to make it effective you have to throw to him at least once.

Maybe plant the seed in an exhibition game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Bomber fan for life

blue_gold_84

He's going to crack 2K and probably 25 TDs. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

dd

BLUEBOMBER

Jefferson should be QB instead...  We do need an extra QB since Prukop is gone.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BLUEBOMBER on April 02, 2023, 01:10:37 AM
Jefferson should be QB instead...  We do need an extra QB since Prukop is gone.

Well, the ol' leap & reach sneak would be pretty hard to stop if the QB was Willie.
Never go full Rider!

M.O.A.B.

Do we have room and $ to add Brandon Zylstra ?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on April 04, 2023, 11:42:52 PM

To me Zylstra is the next Duke Williams and Derel Walker.  He'll slink back into the CFL and suck for massive $$.

I could be wrong.  I hope I'm wrong.  But that's par for the course for WRs coming back from the NFL.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on April 04, 2023, 11:42:52 PM

I doubt it. And if we did I'm not convinced we'd want to spend it at receiver considering what we already have there.

DM83

Anybody watching The XFL?

There was a ton of receivers that played this weekend.

Proux was a kid whose  Dad played a dozen years in the NFL as a possession type .  The kid seems smaller, but as a slot up here, would be interesting.  Another kid from South Dakota, again a slot.  AJ McCarron at QB looked flawless.

There could be a bunch of guys, who when the season finishes, could play up here.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on April 05, 2023, 05:34:38 PM
Why would we?

This. No need. And I'd have to also say I doubt there's SMS room.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.