JEFFERSON/OLIVEIRA RECIPIENTS OF BLUE BOMBERS COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARDS

Started by ModAdmin, March 27, 2023, 06:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

WILLIE JEFFERSON/BRADY OLIVEIRA RECIPIENTS OF BLUE BOMBERS COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARDS

WINNIPEG, MB., March 27, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are pleased to announce Willie Jefferson and Brady Oliveira as the recipients of the team's prestigious community service awards - the Ed Kotowich 'Good Guy Award' and the Cal Murphy 'Heart of a Legend Award.'

Jefferson has been acknowledged as the Kotowich award winner, recognizing the player who has 'excellent football ability, is a leader in the locker room and shows outstanding effort in the community.'

A year-round resident with his wife and two daughters, Jefferson has immersed himself into the community and makes countless public and charitable appearances on behalf of the football club.

A four-time Canadian Football League All-Star and five-time West Division All-Star, Jefferson was also named the league's Most Outstanding Defensive Player in 2019 - his first year with the Blue Bombers. He was also named the club's Most Outstanding Player in 2019 and the Blue Bombers Most Outstanding Defensive Player in 2019 and 2022.

Oliveira is the recipient of the Murphy award, presented to the player who shown 'outstanding sportsmanship and dedication to the Canadian Football League and the community.'

Oliveira, a Winnipegger and product of the North Winnipeg Nomads and Oak Park Raiders before playing his college ball at the University of North Dakota, has received worldwide recognition for his work as a dog rescuer with K9 Advocates here in Manitoba, and internationally during visits to Mexico and Bali.

On the field, he settled in as the Blue Bombers feature running back in 2022, and finished the year with 1,001 yards rushing.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Sir Blue and Gold

TecnoGenius

If Willie is keeping up with BO then he must be doing quite a lot.  I didn't know that about Willie.

Good for both of them.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

We are so lucky for our talent on the field but this community work is a whole lot of icing baby!

World class team, so proud to be a Bomber fan.

Keeping our core of players, coaches and management the same for all these years paid off in spaids.

Lincoln Locomotive

awesome on and off the field.....congratulations to both players and citizens!
Bomber fan for life

Jesse

Can't wait to watch Brady this season.

If he can avoid the slow start this year, he's gonna run all over the league.
My wife is amazing!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Jesse on March 28, 2023, 02:30:39 PM
Can't wait to watch Brady this season.

If he can avoid the slow start this year, he's gonna run all over the league.

Depends how the oline starts.  If they open well, he will he banging early!

Jesse

Quote from: pjrocksmb on March 28, 2023, 06:19:52 PM
Depends how the oline starts.  If they open well, he will he banging early!

Yes and no. The OL was not the problem early last year. Brady was going down at first contact too easily.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

I don't see how BO could fail to get well over 1000.  Maybe the secret key to this year is getting him a few more passing yards.  We still haven't used him in the pass game like we used to do AH33.  And he needs to learn to always be looking for the dump pass.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on March 28, 2023, 08:37:02 PM
I don't see how BO could fail to get well over 1000.  Maybe the secret key to this year is getting him a few more passing yards.  We still haven't used him in the pass game like we used to do AH33.  And he needs to learn to always be looking for the dump pass.

Healthy OL QB and of course himself and yes 1000 is likely

blue_or_die

Quote from: TecnoGenius on March 28, 2023, 08:37:02 PM

I recall a couple really good passes and catches for Olive Oil. So he has the abilities there. Might be cool to expand his receptions, and no better way than by having the opposing secondary having to focus on Lawler, Schoen, Demski, Bailey...
#Ride?

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Pigskin on April 03, 2023, 06:50:09 PM
BO20 23/ 252 yards. 144 YAC, 11 yard avg.
Pretty awesome average for a RB....get him some open space and get ready to rumble!
Bomber fan for life

Pigskin

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on April 03, 2023, 07:37:40 PM
Pretty awesome average for a RB....get him some open space and get ready to rumble!

McCrae also had 16 receptions. So between the two of them 39 receptions. Like to see a few more passes to our RB's this season.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.