Upcoming 2023 Free Agent Camps

Started by ModAdmin, March 17, 2023, 04:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Let the scouting begin. We'll start to see the build up of the pre TC roster as new faces are found. Who will be the new faces they discover? Exciting times.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on March 17, 2023, 11:52:59 AM
Let the scouting begin. We'll start to see the build up of the pre TC roster as new faces are found. Who will be the new faces they discover? Exciting times.
indeed we seem to find 1-2 real excellent finds ever year with these. Keep it up scouting department.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

The best time of year, I get so excited for the reports from training camp and love to see new faces in the preseason.  Agree there will be a couple new faces that will just kill it!

TecnoGenius

I want to see us find some huge DT beef.  We need the next Sir Drake or Stove.

Oh ya, and a solid #3 QB for SY.

The funny thing is, based on recent experience I have little doubt our scouts will find at least one stellar talent at these camps.  Just not sure it'll be DT.  Luck of the draw, I guess.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on March 18, 2023, 09:22:13 PM
I want to see us find some huge DT beef.  We need the next Sir Drake or Stove.

Oh ya, and a solid #3 QB for SY.

The funny thing is, based on recent experience I have little doubt our scouts will find at least one stellar talent at these camps.  Just not sure it'll be DT.  Luck of the draw, I guess.

Hard to find a stud DT with the pedigree you suggest but yeah that would be nice.

Pete

It seems that its mainly dbs and recievers that come out of these camps, maybe cause  those positions are easier to test.

DM83

Is my recollection correct that about two months ago someone was saying BC hs approximately 8 defensive linemen, an some posters were speculating, some quality guys might shake loose?

We still need a couple other Canucks at DT.  Jake can't last forever, and with expansion coming, he will no doubt head home....so time to start looking.  Tough to speculate on those guys.  And we usually do fairly well on getting some big plugger. Interesting!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pete on March 19, 2023, 01:25:03 AM
It seems that its mainly dbs and recievers that come out of these camps, maybe cause  those positions are easier to test.
Agree

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on March 20, 2023, 06:59:57 PM
Is my recollection correct that about two months ago someone was saying BC hs approximately 8 defensive linemen, an some posters were speculating, some quality guys might shake loose?

We still need a couple other Canucks at DT.  Jake can't last forever, and with expansion coming, he will no doubt head home....so time to start looking.  Tough to speculate on those guys.  And we usually do fairly well on getting some big plugger. Interesting!

I think that was me. IDK I said quality DL but some bodies that have spent some time on their PR roster. You never know what they can do until you get an up close look. So if they release a body or 2 it might be worth an invite to TC. Beyond that, nothing is certain.

Keep in mind the Lions released Lawler after TC 1 year. Our scouts will have info on whether a 2022 PR player might be worth an invite.

OTOH, the Lions might also end up releasing a veteran due to SMS issues etc. We'll keep our ears open as we do as every TC approaches.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

Thanks for the feedback.  Yea, it seems every year someone languishing on a PR, is released and proves to be a quality guy.  I wonder if it's  the "something to prove" reaction and a real opportunity, makes that happen.  Lawler was the best receiver in the league when he played for us, that year.

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on March 21, 2023, 03:38:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback.  Yea, it seems every year someone languishing on a PR, is released and proves to be a quality guy.  I wonder if it's  the "something to prove" reaction and a real opportunity, makes that happen.  Lawler was the best receiver in the league when he played for us, that year.

That may be part of the factor involved. Sometimes it's just being at the right place at the right time. If a rookie is fighting for a roster spot against established veterans it's more difficult.

The same thing happens when teams move on from veterans due to SMS. Bombers gained A. Harris and Bighill as a result for example and they made huge impacts to our success.

2019 Grey Cup Champions