Blue Bomber Fan Passing

Started by ModAdmin, March 16, 2023, 09:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Received very sad news that one of the great Blue Bomber fans and a special person, Darrell Pomarenski, passed away.

Darrell was known as Pumper on this forum and served for many years as one of our Moderators.  The Bombers were a big part of Darrell's life along with his family and he will be sorely missed by his family and friends.

Sympathies and prayers to all those who knew and appreciated Darrell.  He was a good man.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

DCM

Ah Pumper! Man that's terrible. RIP Darrell and condolences to his family <3
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

Blue In BC

Sad news. I had some good interactions with him via this site. I sent him some copies of old Bomber games. As it turned out his wife to be lived across the street from my aunts place when I was very young. She would have been about 5-10 years or so younger than me when I was 12 (just a guess ). So I didn't really have any interaction with her but it was an ironic fact.

Shared a few Face Book messages from time to time.

Rest In Peace. Condolences to family and friends.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Tiger

I am really sorry to hear this. He will be missed.  Condolences to his family.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

GOLDMEMBER

Oh no is right! Met him in person a few times. Always saw him when I went to a training camp session or fan forum visit. Nice man always willing to chat Blue and Gold.

RIP Pumper, a real true Blue Bomber super fan!

Condolences to all close ones of his.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

I guess Pumper was before my time here, as I don't recall the name.  Condolences to his family and friends.  Too many people dying lately, and too many funerals to attend, it's a very sad time.  It's nice to know that our times at Bomber games with friends and loved ones is time well spent and memories to be treasured.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on March 17, 2023, 03:25:55 AM
I guess Pumper was before my time here, as I don't recall the name.  Condolences to his family and friends.  Too many people dying lately, and too many funerals to attend, it's a very sad time.  It's nice to know that our times at Bomber games with friends and loved ones is time well spent and memories to be treasured.

Likewise, however it's something about this forum that's special as people genuinely care about each other.    I have been sent several positive personal messages from members of this forum and it is appreciated and humbling.    Condolences to his family and friends!
Bomber fan for life

GCn19

My deepest condolences to Darrell (Pumper)'s family and friends. Our forum lost one of it's oldest and most dedicated members. RIP and I am sure glad he was able to see the Bombers end the drought back in 2019.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: GCn19 on March 17, 2023, 04:07:20 PM
My deepest condolences to Darrell (Pumper)'s family and friends. Our forum lost one of it's oldest and most dedicated members. RIP and I am sure glad he was able to see the Bombers end the drought back in 2019.
Here Here GC

Pumper was a true original on here!

He rolled his eyes when he met the blue bonger in person for the first time lol
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Very sad news - I met Darrell many years ago at training camp and had a brief chat...often saw him at games after knowing who he was.

Ed Tait wrote an article about him and other fans in 2019:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/12/06/fan-stories-grey-cup-meant-manitobans/

RIP

Marni

Pumper and I have been good friends for many years! I?ve been to his house and met his wife Dawn a few times!  He called me the day before he passed, I?m happy that we got to chat one last time! I will miss him a lot
You are what happened when I wished upon a star  :-*

pat the rat

Pumper (Darrell) and I were close friends. I met Darrell via our officiating days in Hockey in the late 80's. Soon after that we became teammates again on a Mens SLo-Pitch Team and the bond grew from there. Pumper was one of the most passionate Bomber fans ever, as has been mentioned. These past couple years were difficult ones for him as he had been in and out of hospital several times this past year. I know an Obit will be posted in this Saturdays Paper so folks can read it there.

These past few years have been incredibly hard for me personally and Darrell had been there for me day after day, week after week, giving me confidence and, pardon the pun here, PUMPING me up! He'll be sorely missed by his many friends and colleagues and will always be known for his personable, fun-loving attitude! RIP Pumper my friend! Forever in our Hearts!
No Comment! Non Issue! Its Handled Internally!

The Zipp

Quote from: pat the rat on March 19, 2023, 05:25:42 PM
Pumper (Darrell) and I were close friends. I met Darrell via our officiating days in Hockey in the late 80's. Soon after that we became teammates again on a Mens SLo-Pitch Team and the bond grew from there. Pumper was one of the most passionate Bomber fans ever, as has been mentioned. These past couple years were difficult ones for him as he had been in and out of hospital several times this past year. I know an Obit will be posted in this Saturdays Paper so folks can read it there.

These past few years have been incredibly hard for me personally and Darrell had been there for me day after day, week after week, giving me confidence and, pardon the pun here, PUMPING me up! He'll be sorely missed by his many friends and colleagues and will always be known for his personable, fun-loving attitude! RIP Pumper my friend! Forever in our Hearts!

Those are great words Pat - take care, and so sorry about losing a great friend!!

BBRT

Quote from: ModAdmin on March 16, 2023, 09:45:02 PM
Received very sad news that one of the great Blue Bomber fans and a special person, Darrell Pomarenski, passed away.

Darrell was known as Pumper on this forum and served for many years as one of our Moderators.  The Bombers were a big part of Darrell's life along with his family and he will be sorely missed by his family and friends.

Sympathies and prayers to all those who knew and appreciated Darrell.  He was a good man.

Very sorry to hear the news. My Sympathies and Prayers to his family! We lose too many good people and too many great Bomber Fans these days.

DM83

Condolences to a past forum poster.