Dakota Prukop has signed in the USFL

Started by Downtown Mikester, March 14, 2023, 11:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Good luck with that! We need a great short yardage guy or is Brown good enough? Brown is kinda slight for that no?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Yes we need a short yardage guy.  Brown needs to focus on learning to be our #2 and we need to figure out if he is our future.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Gee that was a long time coming, I guess the Bombers made Prukop an offer he really didn't want to accept.  Unless they want to go with a complete rookie they may have to give Pipkin a call or wait for a T.C. cut from another team.

Interesting note from the 3rd Down Nation article above.

"New Jersey?s head coach is Mike Riley" former Bomber HC.

TecnoGenius

I really don't understand this at all.  What money are we talking about in the USFL?  What money in the CFL?

Is he good enough to start in the USFL?  What does that say about the USFL?

It's all rather silly.

100% we bring in a new SY guy.  Brown is not a SY guy.  Look at the couple of games he was used on SY in the last 2 seasons.  Yikes.  He's not built for that and I want him to stay healthy dev'ing as the legit #2.

Pipkin now on the radar?

What's McGuire doing??  In hindsight, maybe should have kept McGuire as SY over Prukop going into 2022.  Maybe McGuire makes that GC pass -- who knows.  McGuire was close to 100% on SY.

I still hold out hope Strev will come back one day...
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

For those who question this:

Prukop wanted to be closer to his famiy.

US$ are bigger than $CAN, regardless salary.

USFL potentially gives more NFL exposure.

USFL gives him a chance to compete for a starters spot, they are Very fickle about QB performance, unlike O'Shea.  And here he would be SY, PK holder and #3 on the DC with no chance of progressing short of injuries

USFL season is a lot shorter than CFL, and he on't have to play/practice in snow/subzero weather.

I 100% agree with his decision. 

Good luck to you, sir.  And if it doesn't work out, you have enough CFL cred to sign up here again.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Well that settles that I guess. USD and a shorter season. A possible chance to get more actual playing time and closer to home.

Good luck and I'll check out his new team when they play.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue In BC on March 15, 2023, 02:09:28 PM
Well that settles that I guess. USD and a shorter season. A possible chance to get more actual playing time and closer to home.

Good luck and I'll check out his new team when they play.
Nice please report back

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on March 15, 2023, 02:43:30 PM
Nice please report back

April 15th on Fox network. 1st 2 games are on Fox but the rest of the games while scheduled haven't been announced on TV yet. You'd think that would have been determined by now?

Anyway, I hope he gets on the field for more than Holder or Short Yardage.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

We will NOT be paying a Pipkin to do QB sneaks all year.
#Ride?

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 15, 2023, 06:00:07 PM
We will NOT be paying a Pipkin to do QB sneaks all year.

Probably not. Don't think he has much upside so chances are we retain a CFL rookie. Who that ends up to be we'll see.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Foxhound

Quote from: theaardvark on March 15, 2023, 02:09:22 PMUSFL season is a lot shorter than CFL, and he on't have to play/practice in snow/subzero weather.

Bud Grant would have cut him first thing.

::)
Radically Canadian!

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Foxhound on March 15, 2023, 09:47:39 PM
Bud Grant would have cut him first thing.

::)

Never said he didn't want to or refused to, just said he doesn't have to in the USFL.  If I had an option to work outdoors in a warm environment vs. a freezing one, I would choose warn 100% of the time.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Lincoln Locomotive

Thing is the USFL season ends in early July and he could easily jump aboard the B&G ship and will already be in game shape.    It would be a good move on his part to then showcase his QB skills in the various short yardage packages throughout a game.    I'm still not convinced Dru Brown is big enough to survive in that position.    I don't see the Bombers making any serious acquisitions at #3 QB and Dakota already knows our playbook and it would be an easy transition for him to rejoin us at the beginning of the season.....
Wondering if those discussions and possibilities were discussed on his exit interview with the team.    He wasn't perhaps as good as Strevs but he was better than McGuire or anyone else we've had at #3
Bomber fan for life