Buffy Sainte-Marie

Started by Pigskin, October 30, 2023, 08:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

CBC reporting that there is over whelming evidence that Buffy is not indigenous, and was not born in Canada. Apparently all her stories didn't add up. Investigators finally found her birth certificate. Apparently, Beverly was born in Stoneham, Mass. to Albert and Winifred Santamaria.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

This is such a ridiculous story.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Quote from: Jesse on October 30, 2023, 09:14:22 PM
This is such a ridiculous story.

If what CBC is reporting is true, it amazing that she could have fooled so many people for so many years.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on October 30, 2023, 09:41:55 PM
If what CBC is reporting is true, it amazing that she could have fooled so many people for so many years.

She didn't fool anyone. Regardless of her parentage, she was raised by a Cree family around traditional Indigenous cultural practices and has spent decades raising awareness for Indigenous rights and has been nothing but a positive role model for people. By the People's own practice's, someone who has been accepted by and lives by cultural protocol is a member of that community.

This seems like an unnecessary hit job and nothing more.
My wife is amazing!

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: Jesse on November 01, 2023, 03:32:56 PM
She didn't fool anyone. Regardless of her parentage, she was raised by a Cree family around traditional Indigenous cultural practices and has spent decades raising awareness for Indigenous rights and has been nothing but a positive role model for people. By the People's own practice's, someone who has been accepted by and lives by cultural protocol is a member of that community.

I think Troy Westwood was raised and became an artist under similar circumstances.

Jockitch

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

dd

Sad really. I just don?t get why at this stage in her life, would anyone do this. We live in a pathetic world

GCn19

She was not raised by a Cree family. She was raised by the Santamarias. Her only claim to being indigenous would be if she was adopted. CBC revealed this was not the case. I was a big Buffy fan, and would still be one, if she just came clean about her real heritage and returned awards and financial grants/awards she received that should have gone to other people.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.