2025 Grey Cup

Started by ModAdmin, March 03, 2023, 11:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

And it is now official...

112th Grey Cup in 2025 awarded to Winnipeg

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/03/14/112th-grey-cup-in-2025-awarded-to-winnipeg/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

wpg#1

The 2022 Grey Cup in Regina was embarrassing the way rider fans DIDN'T show up and left their stadium 1/3 empty. I hope it takes 15 years before they ever get it back.

OK I'm done my rant ... Great news, I will be there !!
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

TecnoGenius

Quote from: wpg#1 on March 15, 2023, 04:13:10 PM
The 2022 Grey Cup in Regina was embarrassing the way rider fans DIDN'T show up and left their stadium 1/3 empty. I hope it takes 15 years before they ever get it back.

Ya, that was a bit weird.  Granted it was bloody cold, at least in the upper level.  But no colder than our 2015 GC, really (I was at both).

Their excuse is it was the hated WPG team.  But not like us WPGers had lots of love for EDM.  We filled the stands.  Almost no empty seats (ya they gave some away to military, but at least everyone got their butt there!).

Not like anyone was surprised WPG made it to the GC either.  It was the most likely scenario when the GC tickets went on sale.  The Riders forum was sure alive with hate-ons for WPG and the game and pouting and moping and general cantankerousness.

That said, many of the Greenie fans sitting around me, including the ones the seat over, were exceptionally gracious and friendly.  Only one drunk Greenie "go Andrew Harris, bleep the Bombers" in my whole section, and people were glaring at him.

WPG will show them how it's done in 2025!
Never go full Rider!

wpg#1

Quote from: TecnoGenius on March 16, 2023, 04:13:56 AM
Ya, that was a bit weird.  Granted it was bloody cold, at least in the upper level.  But no colder than our 2015 GC, really (I was at both).

Their excuse is it was the hated WPG team.  But not like us WPGers had lots of love for EDM.  We filled the stands.  Almost no empty seats (ya they gave some away to military, but at least everyone got their butt there!).

Not like anyone was surprised WPG made it to the GC either.  It was the most likely scenario when the GC tickets went on sale.  The Riders forum was sure alive with hate-ons for WPG and the game and pouting and moping and general cantankerousness.

That said, many of the Greenie fans sitting around me, including the ones the seat over, were exceptionally gracious and friendly.  Only one drunk Greenie "go Andrew Harris, bleep the Bombers" in my whole section, and people were glaring at him.

WPG will show them how it's done in 2025!

Yeah, I had a couple of irritating people in front of us at the GC in regina cheering for the argos .. Of course I had to say to them, at least you've got something to cheer about in Mosaic this season.  ;D
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !