2025 Grey Cup

Started by ModAdmin, March 03, 2023, 11:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

CFL Headlines
@CFL_Headlines
3h
Source: Winnipeg Blue Bombers to be awarded 2025 Grey Cup game: According to a source, the league will award the 2025 Grey Cup to the Manitoba capital later this month. The source spoke on the condition of anonymity as the CFL hasn't formally unveiled (the announcement).

https://www.sportsnet.ca/cfl/article/source-winnipeg-blue-bombers-to-be-awarded-2025-grey-cup-game/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

So sweet we are friggin due!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

It should be a party!  Can you imagine if our team is still vying for it in 2025?  WPG in GC @WPG would be wild.

I think 2025 will be exactly 10 years since last GC?  In a 9 team league...

I wonder if the temp South stands will go back up.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

theaardvark

Hopefully they are going to continue moving the season earlier each year until then.. so it won't be as likely to be freezing...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on March 05, 2023, 08:55:45 PM
Hopefully they are going to continue moving the season earlier each year until then.. so it won't be as likely to be freezing...

I still miss starting the season on Canada Day weekend.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on March 05, 2023, 11:52:03 PM
I still miss starting the season on Canada Day weekend.

Sure... there is that... but making the LDC's later in the year, when games actually matter makes them a lot more interesting.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: TecnoGenius on March 04, 2023, 12:39:54 AM
It should be a party!  Can you imagine if our team is still vying for it in 2025?  WPG in GC @WPG would be wild.

I think 2025 will be exactly 10 years since last GC?  In a 9 team league...

I wonder if the temp South stands will go back up.

Yes but that includes the covid year of no football + Hammy double dipping (also due to covid complications). Montreal hasn't hosted (and won't unless they can get Olympic opened up for it) so it's hit every other team since. Fair.
#Ride?

DM83

Winnipeg stadium is very pretty when tailgating in late July from U lot.
I need a warm indoor viewing spot in November.

I don't mind  paying.  I mean it's a once every couple year event.

theaardvark

Quote from: DM83 on March 06, 2023, 07:23:47 PM
Winnipeg stadium is very pretty when tailgating in late July from U lot.
I need a warm indoor viewing spot in November.

I don't mind  paying.  I mean it's a once every couple year event.

I guess my upgrade to Pinnacle seats came just in time...

drahgon

I wonder what ticket prices will be like, I vaguely remember my P3 seat (middle lower section, upper deck) was ~$400 last time the grey cup was here.

Sec227

Its should be a NO brainer that EVERY team gets a game every 10th year. For example. 2035, will be the next game in wpg

DM83

Please don?t complain about. The cost of a grey cup game ticket.
This is 2023 not 1980.

It?s sad to have to pay $3500.00 for a corner seat in the end zone four Rows up, and $300.00 for parking but that was the rate in Tampa when The Cards and Steelers met and the ? Boss ? was the half time show.

But, if viewed as a once in a lifetime experience, life is too short not to.

Now stadium amenities and the NFL experience was included in Tampa, but not in Phoenix when I attended the Patriot/seahawk game, with Katy Perry as the half time show. Parking was free as I befriended a hotel employee, and got his hotel parking pass I (Istayed fifteen minutes away, about fifty streets away, and  a normal hotel room price(residence Inn)

So, if you can attend a Grey Cup in Winnipeg, tickets are a bargain.

Sir Blue and Gold

We might get some more details because I think a formal announcement is coming tomorrow.

ModAdmin

CFL AND WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS TO MAKE SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Commissioner Ambrosie, Blue Bombers leadership and delegates from the city and province in attendance

WINNIPEG (March 13, 2023) - Media members are invited to attend a special announcement by the Canadian Football League (CFL) and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on Tuesday, March 14 at 11 a.m. CT in the Pinnacle Club at IG Field.

CFL Commissioner Randy Ambrosie, Blue Bombers team leadership, and delegates representing the City of Winnipeg and the Province of Manitoba, will be on-hand to address the media and pose for a photo opportunity.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden