Sayles: the witch?

Started by TecnoGenius, February 19, 2023, 05:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

TecnoGenius

Quote from: the paw on February 19, 2023, 01:47:37 PM
Not every idle hyperbolic thought that pops into your head is worthy of a thread.  This is an example of that.

Meh.  I got you to read it!  And reply!  So it can't be all that useless.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: kkc60 on February 20, 2023, 02:59:10 AM
it?s a team sport. this thread is silly

Many other forums do it.  I always found it funny.  I love seeing the players the other fans "burn" after big losses, because they are often a reflection of ourselves.

The ironic thing is, if I had named this thread "Leggs: the witch", it appears I would have gotten a lot more traction.

I bet some of the people poo-pooing my Sayles idea haven't rewtached the play and have no idea what I'm talking about.  Most people were like "the block magically happened because TOR wanted it more".  Nah, STC put the wrong man on the field, and that man did a poor job when put out of position.

And no, I never did blame just Sayles.  Nor would I blame just Leggs.  The entire team took turns sucking, except maybe BO20, Grant, and Hallett21.  Those guys were making plays.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 20, 2023, 03:15:08 AM
Many other forums do it.  I always found it funny.  I love seeing the players the other fans "burn" after big losses, because they are often a reflection of ourselves.

The ironic thing is, if I had named this thread "Leggs: the witch", it appears I would have gotten a lot more traction.

I bet some of the people poo-pooing my Sayles idea haven't rewtached the play and have no idea what I'm talking about.  Most people were like "the block magically happened because TOR wanted it more".  Nah, STC put the wrong man on the field, and that man did a poor job when put out of position.

And no, I never did blame just Sayles.  Nor would I blame just Leggs.  The entire team took turns sucking, except maybe BO20, Grant, and Hallett21.  Those guys were making plays.

Nice explanation thanks

Agree many are very critical on Leggs performance and yes that might have got a stronger response

Lincoln Locomotive

"[" . strtolower("list") . "]"
"[" . strtolower("li") . "]""[/" . strtolower("li") . "]"
"[" . strtolower("li") . "]""[/" . strtolower("li") . "]"
"[/" . strtolower("list") . "]"
Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 20, 2023, 03:15:08 AM

Agreed....I didn't like the call prior to the FG attempt and thought we should have just run off tackle as BO had been making good yardage up to that point on our last drive.   Even if we don't make the first down it may have given us a few extra yards making it a 41 or 42 yard FG as opposed to a 45 yarder.

The fact that there was a previous blocked FG by us should have heightened our awareness of the possibility.    However, in the heat of the moment there was a critical breakdown on what should normally be a routine play to at least get the ball into the end zone for a single.   

We won the 2021 Cup by a finger tip (Nichols at the goal line) and ironically we lost the 2022 Cup by a finger tip.
Bomber fan for life