Win percentage 71.2%

Dickenson era

2017 - 4 losses
2018 - 5 losses
2019 - 6 losses
2021 - 6 losses
2022 - 6 losses

Win percentage 71.2%

Clearly precipitous downtrend.  I mean, if you graphed it, it would nearly be a flat line.

You?re not proffering.  You?re pontificating from your posterior.  Dickensons winning percentage is as good as Huffs, who never had to deal with a hurt BLM, and better then Trestman?s with a healthy Calvillo.

Consider they both benefitted enormously from BLM's record of 90-25-2 as a starting QB beginning in 2013, before Bo they had the likes of Drew Tate and Kevin Glenn who could never have achieved the results he did.

BlueInCgy

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 23, 2023, 03:42:19 AM
Consider they both benefitted enormously from BLM's record of 90-25-2 as a starting QB beginning in 2013, before Bo they had the likes of Drew Tate and Kevin Glenn who could never have achieved the results he did.

100% agree.  In seasons where BLM was healthy the entire season, they didn?t lose more than 4 games. 

blue_or_die

Bump!

This was fun to revisit.

A couple notes:

- Some predicting Edmonton to be a "powerhouse" - based on their big FA signings + having been just so uncharacteristically bad for a Jones team
- Mixed bag on Calgary...probably so jaded after having picked their demise for some time now. but here we are...they made the playoffs...
- Mixed bag on BC. Thought Rourke (and Burnham to a lesser extent) leaving would kill them but VAJ and their other great receivers stepped up
- We thought Montreal's off-season antics and losing Harris and Lewis would kill them. Didn't happen- they did far better than most of us thought
- Lots of wishful thinking for Ottawa. Thought Masoli was going to come in and play a full season like the superstar he never actually was

Also, sorry Tecno I absolutely don't mean to pick on you, but there are some gems in this hindsight-post:

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 22, 2023, 10:25:46 PM
Ya, without Burnham and Rourke BC is pretty much nothing.  Remember the games when Rourke was injured?  They were relative garbage.  Now subtract Burnham, who was hands down the best SB in the league for years and years... BC is going to stink.  .500 at best.

Masoli: dude just has no luck.  Surely his luck has to change??  How many times can a guy get the short straw.
#Ride?

Jesse

I haven't read this yet, but I definitely though Edmonton was going to be better than they were. I expected Corny to improve a little and Brown and the receiving core to light it up a bit. Never happened.

I also thought the Riders would be better, but that was with a healthy Harris.

I definitely thought Montreal was going to be the league's whipping boy too.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on October 23, 2023, 06:39:53 PM
Also, sorry Tecno I absolutely don't mean to pick on you, but there are some gems in this hindsight-post:

No problem, my PS predictions were horribly wrong.  Well, except picking WPG to be in the GC again.

BC's an interesting case as VAJ managed to almost duplicate what Rourke did.  The key there was Hollins and Hatcher coming out of nowhere to be in the conversation for top-5 WRs in the CFL.  And their NATs WRs really excelled, too.  It was kind of like when we found Schoen: sometimes you just get lucky with an unknown guy.  But on paper their only "good" receiver in the PS looked to be Rhymes, so the predictions were valid.

I'd hand most of BC's success to Campbell, as he clearly showed his acumen as a GC-winning coach, making that BC team better year after year.  I kind of wish he had stayed in the east...

MTL I still think sucks, sorry.  On paper they are still bad.  Cody is still bad.  WRs: they really have one good one.  D is bad on paper but for some reason has been stellar.  I hand a lot of that to the new Dequoy kid, who should get top$$ in FA when he comes due.  I think MTL is so bad HAM can bump them off in the WSF.  I expect MTL to regress next season once the horseshoe is removed.

EDM: what a strange case study.  I'm still not sure what to make of them or who to assign blame on.  Surely Corny takes a ton of the blame, but as we've seen, it's not just him.  What would EDM have looked like with Zach or Kelly or VAJ at the helm?

Masoli: well, I jinxed him.  We'll never know what OTT could have done with a great, healthy Masoli.  He's still one of my faves, but most likely his time has passed.

But hey, I got it all wrong last off-season, so don't listen to me!!  :P :P
Never go full Rider!