Blue Bombers agree to terms with receiver Rasheed Bailey

Started by ModAdmin, February 17, 2023, 06:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

"Home town" "Culture" discounts seem to be coming into play with getting a stacked team under the $SMS

Good on Walters and O'Shea, both for putting the pieces to make the culture possible, and then continuing to nurture it
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bwiser

Another advantage the Bombers have is it is easier to sign free agents when they know can make a lot of extra playoff money in Winnipeg.Lawlor will likely make almost as much as he did in Edmonton last season after he captures another Grey Cup in 2023.

pjrocksmb

He will have a career year and will continue to progress

Massive signing

Our offense will put up some sick numbers this year

Lincoln Locomotive

What Sheed brings to the table. aside from his tremendous blocking and big play abilities, is his fiery competitiveness.    I was hoping he'd stay and at the end of the day he decided to take one for the team and accept a pay cut!   That there, clearly defines his commitment to this team.  Fantastic news and all DC's throughout the CFL have their work cut out for them when facing us!!
Wow....just wow!!
Bomber fan for life

Pete

To be honest, Sometimes Rasheeds " I don't get the respect"speeches have annoyed me ,but I have to say his actions speak volumes in terms of his commitment to the team, .especially his teammates When you add in his effort how can you not respect him.

Blue In BC

Interesting that both Lawler and Bailey had tryouts with the BC Lions. Their loss our gain.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 18, 2023, 02:40:51 PM
Interesting that both Lawler and Bailey had tryouts with the BC Lions. Their loss our gain.

Ryan Rigmaiden
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

KEEP GOING

DO NOT STOP

I CAME FROM THE BOTTOM

ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP

We're about to win this (2023!) thing!

(Surely you remember where this is from... etched in my brain along with "we're coming home with that cup, wooooooo" -- see my profile pic for that one.)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on February 17, 2023, 06:52:54 PM
Unlike some other teams that have signed a whole bunch of WR that all play from the same spot, our corps seems to be pretty diverse in that way...  Lawler, Demski and Schoen in the slot, Wolitarski and Bailey wideout...

Good point.  Many people sign a bunch of top SB and samey guys that are really like 1-2 sets of the same players.  Our 5 have their unique style and position, with lots of overlap of course, just to make D's life tough.

Do we go with Bailey at WR?  Might we toy with Schoen on boundary side WR and put Bailey inside for the brutal whack-a-LB short crossers?

Woli was quiet in 2022.  I hope teams focus so much on our 3-4 killers that Woli sneaks past the zone for big go rails or posts.  I want Woli the quiet disrupter back.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

First, I need to say a massive shout-out to Bailey and congrats on his return.  I really wanted him back, but thought he was lost.  Not many people actually wanted him gone, we just thought we wouldn't be able to afford him and were emotionally bracing for the "team X signs Bailey" news.

Big thanks and kudos for taking less than he's worth, like Biggie has been doing, to stay with his brothers and keep the team together for another cup run.  This speaks volumes when they can see the big picture KW is laying out for them, and for buying in to the vision.

Quote from: barbk on February 17, 2023, 08:03:42 PM
Excellent news, I guess it helps his buddy Kenny Lawler lobbying him at his press conference, without saying I believe he is a right fit for our offence.  Welcome back Rasheed!

Yes, it's a safe bet that Lawler devoting minutes in his short presser to lobbying for Sheed held some sway on The Mafia and their decisions/offers.  I've really never seen another player (maybe only QBs) do that for a fellow player like that.  You can tell it meant a lot to Lawler.

Quote from: Jesse on February 17, 2023, 08:36:35 PM
I did not expect this.

****ing vibrating
with this news. I love this team.

Ya, I feel the same way.  I did a little woot happy dance, seriously, right here in my chair.  Only the Demski signing had me more excited.  Weird, that... as Bailey is our solid #4 and Demski #2 (ya, I'll defend that position), but it's those guys that really got my hyped.

Quote from: Pete on February 18, 2023, 02:23:39 PM
To be honest, Sometimes Rasheeds " I don't get the respect"speeches have annoyed me ,but I have to say his actions speak volumes in terms of his commitment to the team, .especially his teammates When you add in his effort how can you not respect him.

A lot of the "respect" things were hearsay.  I'm not sure he's actually plainly said it himself(?) so I don't fully trust the rumours.  In any event, his position is a tough one for a very proud and fiery guy, and it would all be very understandable.  My hope is that his "near death" FA wake up call will fire him up even more to work on whatever he can to be open more for Zach to lay more yards on him.

I look forward to his next close-to-V-formation speech at the '23 GC...
Never go full Rider!

blue_or_die

I think Sheed has the tools to be a great boundary wideout. Has the speed to burn DBs and the hands to make 50/50s and clutch catches. Not a spot we will throw to 15 times a game but I believe he will be best used there in a role.
#Ride?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on February 18, 2023, 02:23:39 PM

Bailey creates much of his own commotion and press regarding being disrespected and the sacrifices he's made, it's unfortunate he has to follow the course football has set out for him, but following that course is his choice.  Whenever he speaks I tend to tune him out as his amped up conviction lacks sincerity, rinse repeat, with a one year contract he'll probably test F.A. again next season.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 19, 2023, 06:55:56 PM
Bailey creates much of his own commotion and press regarding being disrespected and the sacrifices he's made, it's unfortunate he has to follow the course football has set out for him, but following that course is his choice.  Whenever he speaks I tend to tune him out as his amped up conviction lacks sincerity, rinse repeat, with a one year contract he'll probably test F.A. again next season.
Thing is he could have jumped ship for more money and he chose to take a considerable pay cut to stay!  That fact alone proves his conviction  to this team and his actions clearly demonstrate this.    What more would you require him to do to prove his  conviction and sincerity??
He also brings an intangible to the table in wanting to wipe away the sting of a one point loss in last year's Cup!  I'm certainly not worried about his conviction and am ecstatic that we have last years's receiving corp back to a man.....PLUS the addition of Kenny Lawler who lobbied for Sheed to come back!
Bomber fan for life

Pete

No one is questioning his commitment. Its simply the way he chooses to motivate himself. He dpes seek more recognition for what he brings to the table, I think that's why Lawler's comments meant so much to him. Lawler also seems to be a person that brings together the recieving group . Last year I don't know if we saw that as much, maybe because of the injuries not allowing them to play as a group enough.

dd

Wow, offensively I m not sure we could have asked for much more, unreal really. Unreal.