Blue Bombers agree to terms with receiver Rasheed Bailey

Started by ModAdmin, February 17, 2023, 06:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

WINNIPEG, MB., February 17, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the team has agreed to terms with receiver Rasheed Bailey on a one-year contract.

Bailey
(6-1, 211; Delaware Valley University; born: July 29, 1993, in Philadelphia, PA) returns for his fourth season in Blue and Gold.

Bailey posted career-best numbers with the Blue Bombers in 2022, starting all 18 regular-season games and the Western Final and Grey Cup and pulling in 63 passes for 729 yards and nine touchdowns.

His 2021 season was also solid as he appeared in all 14 regular-season games and had 52 receptions for 629 yards and five touchdowns.

Bailey made his CFL and Blue Bombers debut during the 2019 season and suited up for five games that season, finishing with 19 receptions for 206 yards and added four more receptions for 26 yards in three playoff starts that November.

Over his three seasons with Winnipeg, Bailey has played in 37 games, recording 134 receptions for 1,564 yards and 14 touchdowns.

He first turned pro in 2015, signing as an undrafted free agent with the Philadelphia Eagles after a sensational college career at Delaware Valley, where he finished as the school?s all-time leader in receiving yards and second in receiving touchdowns.

Before arriving in Winnipeg, Bailey also had stints with the B.C. Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, San Diego Chargers, Cleveland Browns and Carolina Panthers.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

DM83

OK that's awesome.
That really completes the  receiving core.

theaardvark

This is going to be one heck of a Rec corps to scheme against...

Unlike some other teams that have signed a whole bunch of WR that all play from the same spot, our corps seems to be pretty diverse in that way...  Lawler, Demski and Schoen in the slot, Wolitarski and Bailey wideout...

Collaros must be giggling to himself... Buck too...  An Oline that can protect, RB's that can run and block, and a Rec corps that was already lights out before signing Bailey... Yikes.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Wow wow wow! Our Offensive side is a friggin juggernaut! Welcome back SHEED!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

I was hoping we could get Bailey to re-sign. He's an excellent player and plays a significant role in our offence. Improves our depth at receiver.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bwiser

I was hoping he would return but I was beginning to have my doubts whether that would happen. This offense is loaded. There is still some work to do on defense as far as recruiting goes and I expect the Bombers scouting staff will be busy over the next few months.

theaardvark

Ed Tait@EdTaitWFC

Just spoke to @ShowTimeSheed

Took less to stay with the @Wpg_BlueBombers

?It took a lot of sacrifice. It took a lot of self-reflecting. The only place I saw myself playing was in Winnipeg. It gets me emotional. The tears start to fall. I just want to play with my family.?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Wow - that's a win! Sounds like Walters only had $x to spend and Bailey ended up taking it despite being able to get more. He's a heart and soul kind of guy so I hope he gets extra fan love for his commitment. Most guys don't do that.

Pigskin

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 17, 2023, 06:25:48 PM

WINNIPEG, MB., February 17, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the team has agreed to terms with receiver Rasheed Bailey on a one-year contract.

Bailey
(6-1, 211; Delaware Valley University; born: July 29, 1993, in Philadelphia, PA) returns for his fourth season in Blue and Gold.

Bailey posted career-best numbers with the Blue Bombers in 2022, starting all 18 regular-season games and the Western Final and Grey Cup and pulling in 63 passes for 729 yards and nine touchdowns.

His 2021 season was also solid as he appeared in all 14 regular-season games and had 52 receptions for 629 yards and five touchdowns.

Bailey made his CFL and Blue Bombers debut during the 2019 season and suited up for five games that season, finishing with 19 receptions for 206 yards and added four more receptions for 26 yards in three playoff starts that November.

Over his three seasons with Winnipeg, Bailey has played in 37 games, recording 134 receptions for 1,564 yards and 14 touchdowns.

He first turned pro in 2015, signing as an undrafted free agent with the Philadelphia Eagles after a sensational college career at Delaware Valley, where he finished as the school?s all-time leader in receiving yards and second in receiving touchdowns.

Before arriving in Winnipeg, Bailey also had stints with the B.C. Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, San Diego Chargers, Cleveland Browns and Carolina Panthers.

Mr. Walters does it again. Great signing. Nice having RB88 back for another season.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

barbk

Excellent news, I guess it helps his buddy Kenny Lawler lobbying him at his press conference, without saying I believe he is a right fit for our offence.  Welcome back Rasheed!

DM83

Yea! you guy bring tears to my eyes.
Sheed said...play with the boys, the family.
He plays a kids game, makes decent money, plays, knows he will get his touches, knows the respect he gets as a great blocker, and  when they call his number he can catch.

Ards you said it,  As a Defensive  coordinator, who do  you try and take away?  ......Only to have any one of a number of guys be the open guy, who can likely rattle off a twenty yard gain?

OK, what a great day!

What's next? Stove? Kongbo? Medlock?  what a dream!

Go Big Blue

What another outstanding signing. Bailey will add so much more depth to the receiving corps that we won't have time to let our adrenalin levels return to normal between all the TD's. Rasheed sounds like he is really committed to the team and reminds me of Adam Bighill's commitment a few years ago to take a reduced salary to remain with the Bombers. When he scores a touchdown the announcer should play that old Beatle song  "Money Can't Buy You Love".

Go Big Blue
The "Selkirk Milkman" Cec Luning's "Moo Cow" Cream Play of the 107th Grey Cup - #3 Thiadric Hansen: One hit takes out two Tiger Cats.

the paw

This is amazing.

Given the Lawler signing and the raise for Collaros, virtually everybody else must have signed for "same money" to keep the gang together.
grab grass 'n growl

Jesse

I did not expect this.

****ing vibrating with this news. I love this team.
My wife is amazing!