QB3

Started by theaardvark, February 17, 2023, 12:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

So, not a lot out there in the FA market for a short yardage / 3rd string QB... Pipkin would be good, but hard to sign for QB3 price...

Do we have any neglist players that fit that mold?  Streveler 2.0? 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

We probably have several but don't know all of the players on our neg list. Some may not have graduated, some may be on NFL teams or preparing for the 2023 draft.

IIRC, Brock Purdy was on our neg list. Not likely he'll be coming to the CFL anytime soon. Good on our scouts for having added him previously.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

Everytime this conversation comes up I have to mention Malik Cunningham.
The NFL Draft is at the end of April, so I'm hopeful that we can find out shortly after that.
He would be a perfect fit for this huge CFL field. I hope our scouts and GM are reaching out already!

GOLDMEMBER

The name escapes Hamilton had a real big dude with decent feet as there short yardage last year. Is he free?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

LXTSN

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 17, 2023, 02:21:05 PM
The name escapes Hamilton had a real big dude with decent feet as there short yardage last year. Is he free?
Matthew Shiltz? That would be a really good option, but I think he may be more than we can afford. Not sure if he is a FA also

EDIT: Looks like he signed another 1-year contract with Hamilton

Jesse

Quote from: LXTSN on February 17, 2023, 01:00:07 PM
Everytime this conversation comes up I have to mention Malik Cunningham.
The NFL Draft is at the end of April, so I'm hopeful that we can find out shortly after that.
He would be a perfect fit for this huge CFL field. I hope our scouts and GM are reaching out already!

I read an article recently where he's hoping to get his NFL shot.

I wouldn't expect him soon, if ever.
My wife is amazing!

LXTSN

Quote from: Jesse on February 17, 2023, 02:54:30 PM
I read an article recently where he's hoping to get his NFL shot.

I wouldn't expect him soon, if ever.
It's possible that we see more QB's take the CFL route while they are young after seeing how Streveler and Rourke worked out NFL contracts.
Streveler only started a couple games in the CFL before bouncing to the NFL.

I don't think he will get drafted, but could sign as an UDFA I suppose. It really all depends on his agent.