Dakota Prukop

Started by Norm W, February 15, 2023, 02:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

I hope we can get Prukop back and I have faith in Brown.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 27, 2023, 02:59:58 PM
Does it matter?

You also have no idea how Streveler manages his finances or his investments. And going off of what he wore at a GC parade isn't reasonable.

It was mainly meant as a tongue in cheek comment, a joke per say. 

Chris has a Masters in Sports Management.  I assume he knows how to handle his cash. 

But a Million doesn't go as far as it used to, and anyone suggesting a football player is "set for life" after a short stint in the NFL on PR's and dressing a few games is deluded, and even a 2 year non-guaranteed deal at a million per does not set anyone up "for life".  Sure, with the small NFL pension as well, it makes life easier, but far from "set for life"
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 27, 2023, 03:41:33 PM

Chris has a Masters in Sports Management.  I assume he knows how to handle his cash. 

But a Million doesn't go as far as it used to, and anyone suggesting a football player is "set for life" after a short stint in the NFL on PR's and dressing a few games is deluded, and even a 2 year non-guaranteed deal at a million per does not set anyone up "for life".  Sure, with the small NFL pension as well, it makes life easier, but far from "set for life"

Only DM83 claimed he's set for life IIRC. So, take that FWIW (not much). ;)

The reality is he has and will make more in the NFL than he ever could in the CFL, even if his role in the latter could be far more prominent.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on February 27, 2023, 03:41:33 PM

That's all true but most Canadians don't earn $1M usd in a year.  Keep in mind that many NFL players have other careers / incomes besides football. A smart player has an opportunity to save a lot of that NFL money. In effect just buying their home and not having a 30 year mortgage goes a long way to a better debt free life. OTOH, going out and buying a $400K Lambo not so much.

We see both examples with young players getting loads of money at an earlier age.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

I guess no word on if he is returning yet? I think it would be silly for him to move on somewhere else! He can continue to earn a great living here with a extremely veteran laden team with top notch culture.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 02, 2023, 08:15:45 AM
I guess no word on if he is returning yet? I think it would be silly for him to move on somewhere else! He can continue to earn a great living here with a extremely veteran laden team with top notch culture.

The only word that we heard was Walters saying he was leaving.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Prokup was "leaving to join the USFL".  He hasn't signed anywhere yet, so maybe he's still waiting for a call... lots of time left before camp...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on March 02, 2023, 03:53:19 PM
Prokup was "leaving to join the USFL".  He hasn't signed anywhere yet, so maybe he's still waiting for a call... lots of time left before camp...

Hope he comes back, he received a fair number of reps. with the Bombers despite being listed as the #3 option, and Walters mentioned they're looking at providing the 3rd down QB with an expanded playbook this season.  He was much more dynamic than McGuire ever was and made some great plays last season with his pure athleticism.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on March 02, 2023, 05:01:56 PM
Hope he comes back, he received a fair number of reps. with the Bombers despite being listed as the #3 option, and Walters mentioned they're looking at providing the 3rd down QB with an expanded playbook this season.  He was much more dynamic than McGuire ever was and made some great plays last season with his pure athleticism.
Yes....his running was great and we had great success with him on short yardage plays where he either threw the ball or broke off some good yardage on the ground.....would be great to sign him for another go
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on March 02, 2023, 05:01:56 PM
Walters mentioned they're looking at providing the 3rd down QB with an expanded playbook this season.  He was much more dynamic than McGuire ever was and made some great plays last season with his pure athleticism.

Expanded playbook.  Wink wink.  Here's a nice carrot, Dakota!  Dangle dangle

Prukop turned out much better than I would have guessed from his previous CFL team forays.  He sits nicely between a McGuire and a Strev.  Like Strev-lite.

Just don't ask him to throw super deep in a cold game.  ;) ;) ;)  His arm is more suited to the short/medium game.

Since KW isn't freaking out about the position right now, and Prukop hasn't signed elsewhere, I have a funny feeling he'll be rejoining the Bombers before TC...
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on March 02, 2023, 07:52:13 PM
Expanded playbook.  Wink wink.  Here's a nice carrot, Dakota!  Dangle dangle

Prukop turned out much better than I would have guessed from his previous CFL team forays.  He sits nicely between a McGuire and a Strev.  Like Strev-lite.

Just don't ask him to throw super deep in a cold game.  ;) ;) ;)  His arm is more suited to the short/medium game.

Since KW isn't freaking out about the position right now, and Prukop hasn't signed elsewhere, I have a funny feeling he'll be rejoining the Bombers before TC...

Even when camps have started, if Prokup hasn't returned, there will be plenty of 3rd down QB;s on the market, for a late round pick, "future considerations" or just the patience to wait for them to be cut...

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on March 02, 2023, 08:04:53 PM
Even when camps have started, if Prokup hasn't returned, there will be plenty of 3rd down QB;s on the market, for a late round pick, "future considerations" or just the patience to wait for them to be cut...

Pipkin is available now although I don't know his asking price.  In the game against Sask. after O'Connor was knocked out he looked like he had some potential to actually control an offence and complete some passes once his nerves settled down, so I'm not of the opinion he's a lost cause.

Horseman

I agree if Prokup is gone then sign Pipkin.

theaardvark

Pipkin is a decent #3 QB at the right price.  Not sure if he will play for #3qb rate.

If finding a short yardage/#3 qb is our biggest problem... we are pretty set...

TecnoGenius

If BC over-stocked on QB with the Evans trade, that might shake Dom Davis loose.  Would we welcome Dom back to WPG if he does?  He's evolved into a great SY/#3.  He maintains a legit pass threat (which we love), and can even do ok as an in-game replacement #2.

Assuming Prukop moves on, of course.  I'd rather have Dom back than Pipkin, TBH.  I don't think any bridges were burned when he left.
Never go full Rider!