Montreal situation

Started by Blue In BC, February 14, 2023, 01:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sec227

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 17, 2023, 06:02:32 PM
I mostly agree with this

I would have bought a 3rd ticket for my 15 year old if they would do 1/2 price where I sit. ANYTHING up top, should be 1/2 price for kids. No brainer.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Sec227 on March 08, 2023, 07:50:36 PM
I would have bought a 3rd ticket for my 15 year old if they would do 1/2 price where I sit. ANYTHING up top, should be 1/2 price for kids. No brainer.

At least for the back half of the upper deck, as well as the corners.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sec227 on March 08, 2023, 07:50:36 PM

Exactly.  Hardcore fans (ones who want to really watch the game) with families shouldn't be forced to pick between decent-view seats or getting ST's for their kids.  Ya, some can afford both, but how many can't (or aren't willing to).  The kids are the key to filling the stands 10-15-20 years from now.

Every area except for the absolute prime seats (between the 35's in 100-level and first 10 rows of 200-level) should have half price kids.

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 08, 2023, 08:19:04 PM
At least for the back half of the upper deck, as well as the corners.

I'm pretty sure the corners have half-price kids ST.  Source: me when I was buying STs for my kid.  Will confirm when I finally get around to buying my ST for this season.
Never go full Rider!

Stretch

Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Stretch on March 10, 2023, 12:01:36 PM
Getting back on topic, looks like there is a buyer: https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/report-cfl-reaches-agreement-to-sell-montreal-alouettes-1.1929454

Good to hear. CFL won't gain any franchise fee if one is paid. New money is probably transferred back to previous owners or offsets any current liability.

Regardless, the Als are back in business and the rest of the league is not left holding the bag.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on March 10, 2023, 04:44:28 PM
Official...

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/03/10/pierre-karl-peladeau-acquires-the-montreal-alouettes/

It sounds like Peladeau will own the Als personally, instead of having them as part of his larger corporation.

blue_gold_84

Good news. This should get the organization on the right track.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Its too bad he didn't cut Gary Stern in for 25%...

Or maybe not...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Good job CFL and Peladeau.  Compared to the previous MTL escapades, this went smooth as silk.

Now, get rid of the bench-bleachers, horns, and gulls.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Lincoln Locomotive

Hopefully the new owner has a long term vision of success and
brings the Montreal fan base back into the stadium!   
Bomber fan for life