Montreal situation

Started by Blue In BC, February 14, 2023, 01:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 16, 2023, 02:03:27 AM
You know who does ticket prices really well?  SSK.  Mosaic has a whack ton of different "zones" and tiered ticket prices.  When you've decided what you want to spend, there's another section nearby that upgrades you for like $25 more.  And then another section $25 more than that... They literally tailor it so that everyone is tempted to spend the max they can afford.

IGF just does a handful of pricing zones then the big jump to Pinnacle.  Nothing to entice people either way.

At IGF the top-most nosebleeds (say top 7 rows) should be a chunk cheaper than the lower rows, in a whole ring around the stadium.  Kids section should be way cheaper.  I'd say every 2 sections over in any area should be a different price, not 4 sections in a row all the same price.  TM makes this all super easy, like it is for Mosaic.  And you'd eliminate the "bunching up" of butts in seats you get with the current price scheme; if you price everything right.

And kids should always be 1/2 price in any section with an adult ticket purchased, no matter the section (barring maybe the "best" 2 zones).

Back to MTL: they had great attendance the last 2-3 seasons since they started looking good with Kahari.  That wasn't enough to make the team more attractive or viable?  Maybe get rid of the benches and put in real seats to start... And stop firing HCs.

It's hard to argue Winnipeg does not do pricing well when they led the league in attendance last year.

DM83

I like indoor stadiums.  They are warm. Period.
Montreal McGill stadium is embarassing.
Toronto is a dead end and a waste of time.

They should move to Windsor.
Montreal should move to Quebec City.

Toronto cant sell 15,000 seats and Montreal was down trodding and can't sell 20,000. Plus no one cares.

Time to make some changes.  If a town has a stadium of 10,000 go for it.  That's more than Toronto gets.

blue_gold_84

Another home run comment from DM83.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

DM83

blue_gold_84

Quote from: DM83 on February 16, 2023, 06:52:53 PM
You guys wanna go?

Where are you taking us? I'll go if you're paying.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

I want to come to where ever we go! Please.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_or_die

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 16, 2023, 02:03:27 AM
You know who does ticket prices really well?  SSK.  Mosaic has a whack ton of different "zones" and tiered ticket prices.  When you've decided what you want to spend, there's another section nearby that upgrades you for like $25 more.  And then another section $25 more than that... They literally tailor it so that everyone is tempted to spend the max they can afford.

IGF just does a handful of pricing zones then the big jump to Pinnacle.  Nothing to entice people either way.

At IGF the top-most nosebleeds (say top 7 rows) should be a chunk cheaper than the lower rows, in a whole ring around the stadium.  Kids section should be way cheaper.  I'd say every 2 sections over in any area should be a different price, not 4 sections in a row all the same price.  TM makes this all super easy, like it is for Mosaic.  And you'd eliminate the "bunching up" of butts in seats you get with the current price scheme; if you price everything right.

And kids should always be 1/2 price in any section with an adult ticket purchased, no matter the section (barring maybe the "best" 2 zones).

Back to MTL: they had great attendance the last 2-3 seasons since they started looking good with Kahari.  That wasn't enough to make the team more attractive or viable?  Maybe get rid of the benches and put in real seats to start... And stop firing HCs.

Not saying I agree with everything you're suggesting but in general, I think WFC could benefit from a re-evaluation of their ticket prices.

I think when they came up with their current P-tier system when IGF was built, they overestimated the desirability of the corner seating and undervalued the bottom half of upper deck seats.

I feel like if they reworked pricing and raised the former and lowered the latter, people would tolerate the higher upper deck prices and more people would come out and sit in the corners for cheap, respectively, resulting in overall greater revenue.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 16, 2023, 09:01:18 PM
I think when they came up with their current P-tier system when IGF was built, they overestimated the desirability of the corner seating and undervalued the bottom half of upper deck seats.

I feel like if they reworked pricing and raised the former and lowered the latter, people would tolerate the higher upper deck prices and more people would come out and sit in the corners for cheap, respectively, resulting in overall greater revenue.

Ssshhhh you'll give away my secret!  :D :D ;D ;D

They have upped the price of the "STH area" of 200 level in recent years.  But, yes the corners (say outside the 20YLs) start to lose decent view angles and are too pricey from a walk-up standpoint.  The STH prices there aren't too bad, though, and I know a couple of people who have their STH there.

That's why I think more gradation would be of benefit.  You can always spot visibly in the crowd where the expensive section ends and the cheaper section starts (except at the BB of course).  I'm telling you, having closer price points will get people to spend more.  You should look at your sec 233 price and say "shoot, for $5 more I can be closer to C in 232", and then you select that, then say "shoot, for $5 more I can be closer to C in 231", etc.  Likewise, the guy who really can't afford $55 in 229 will be like "I could still get really good seats in 227 for $X less" instead of dropping his STH completely.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

DM83

theaardvark

With the Jim Beam social pass "seat" sales, that takes away some of the upper deck demand...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 17, 2023, 05:28:34 AM
Ssshhhh you'll give away my secret!  :D :D ;D ;D

They have upped the price of the "STH area" of 200 level in recent years.  But, yes the corners (say outside the 20YLs) start to lose decent view angles and are too pricey from a walk-up standpoint.  The STH prices there aren't too bad, though, and I know a couple of people who have their STH there.

That's why I think more gradation would be of benefit.  You can always spot visibly in the crowd where the expensive section ends and the cheaper section starts (except at the BB of course).  I'm telling you, having closer price points will get people to spend more.  You should look at your sec 233 price and say "shoot, for $5 more I can be closer to C in 232", and then you select that, then say "shoot, for $5 more I can be closer to C in 231", etc.  Likewise, the guy who really can't afford $55 in 229 will be like "I could still get really good seats in 227 for $X less" instead of dropping his STH completely.

I mostly agree with this
#Ride?

theaardvark

Still loved my seasons in 202 and 236... the sightlines anyways... the section was a little rowdy for my taste, and a little vulger for my wife though...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

DM83

Come on Ards, tell her to man up!  Give her some well, whatever gets her going...... and party on.  Its not like we have a great team every year.  It's our turn...Then you can go to Rainbow Stage and the ballet with her.

I hear ya though, my buds and I have Pinnacle Lounge seats.  I think the lounge  isnt very good, but at least the pee breaks lines are short.  Being older I  sometimes run into people from the past that are still coherent.  Nice  crowd in there.