Montreal situation

Started by Blue In BC, February 14, 2023, 01:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Ownership transferred to the CFL. Here we go again. This is not good. Do we know how much money the Als lost in 2021 and 2022? An expedited sales effort is underway and it seems there are interested parties. Let's hope this works out quickly with new owners put in place.

An exodus of players won't help this problem either.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

the paw

Let's hope they can find an owner under 80 years old, and has no idiot children or sons-in-law.  High bar, I know.

Seriously, why doesn't the league facilitate creation of a community ownership model like in the West.  Its the only model with proven long term stability.
grab grass 'n growl

blue_gold_84

Precarious situation for sure.

Hopefully this can all get sorted out in short order. Community ownership could be a possible solution.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Well, we knew it wasn't great.

Obviously the wrong choice was made last time they sold the team. It's clear there wasn't a succession plan in place.

Hopefully a more long term option is available.
My wife is amazing!

Lincoln Locomotive

The instability in Montreal isn't great for our league which already is struggling to maintain a foothold in the Canadian sports market.    A recent poll indicated that 2/3s of Canadians prefer the NFL to the CFL!
The CFL can ill afford to lose another franchise and Montreal has been unstable for awhile now....again.   
The tiny stadium doesn't help matters and restricts gate revenue even when they were doing well.    The CFL is a bums in seats driven league and can't rely on TV revenues to underpin the league as in the US who have more than 10 times the market size and marketing to back it up.
I'm also not very impressed with our current commissioner who imho has done a poor job of marketing our league hence the interest in the NFL versus the CFL.
Don't get me wrong, I can't watch the NFL just because of all the hype and  the inflated salaries.....and honestly I just can't stand 4 down football. What was the average cost of a ticket for the Superbowl?   In the previous game they were between $6000-$7000 a ticket!  Only the wealthy and nouveau riche' could afford to watch the game live.  Yet I was able to attend my very first ever Grey Cup in 2019 and my ticket was $300 and it was at midfield row 30!!   I met people from all across Canada and it was the best party I had ever been to,   The CFL truly is a unique Canadian sporting event.   I met two dudes from Seattle who travel to the Grey Cup every year because they love the camaraderie of the fans and love our game more than the overhyped NFL.   I was sitting at the bar at Big Ts between a couple from Saskatchewan and 3 people from Seattle.    We struck up a football conversation naturally and the couple from Saskatchewan were in their late 70s and this was their 50th consecutive Grey Cup....and incidentally,  they were cheering for us!   The people from Seattle were in their mid 30s and loved our game and said nothing like this could ever happen in the states.   They loved the atmosphere created by this game and said there was nothing like it party wise.   Being my first Grey Cup  ever, I couldn't have agreed more.
I'm worried about the survival of our league and hopefully some rich CFl aficionado can buy the team and keep the franchise afloat...

You don't know what you have til it's gone....
https://3downnation.com/2023/02/13/rock-legend-dave-grohl-thanks-canada-for-inventing-football-in-super-bowl-commerical/

Bomber fan for life

theaardvark

I get Molson as a more intimate venue, but what is happening in the Big O? 

If they ever made the Big O available for football again (especially if they fix the corners), even for things like the Grey Cup, it could make Montreal a much stronger franchise...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

VictorRomano

Montreal fans have been complaining about wanting community ownership for a few years.  Looks like they are going to get it.  Now everything is on the fans - show up to games, or this team will fold permanently in 2-3 years.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on February 14, 2023, 04:23:20 PM

If they ever made the Big O available for football again (especially if they fix the corners), even for things like the Grey Cup, it could make Montreal a much stronger franchise...

No idea what that stadium is used for anymore, it sits on valuable real estate, I'm surprised it hasn't already been torn down to make way for other projects.

Horseman

The Big O is falling apart, mostly from the shotty concrete that was used, there was corruption and fraud in the construction process at the time. Bottom line, it is not a safe venue to play in.

blue_gold_84

A 50-year old stadium that's falling apart wouldn't help the organization.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Horseman on February 14, 2023, 04:41:53 PM
The Big O is falling apart, mostly from the shotty concrete that was used, there was corruption and fraud in the construction process at the time. Bottom line, it is not a safe venue to play in.

Looks like they still hold big concerts and trade shows in it, it's either safe or it's not, there's no in-between.

wpg#1

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on February 14, 2023, 03:50:01 PM
  A recent poll indicated that 2/3s of Canadians prefer the NFL to the CFL!

They ask the same stupid question every year JUST before the super duper Bowl. That's what people are thinking of, so that's the answer.
::)
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

DM83

A shoddy ancient falling apart stadium....like the one they play in now at whatever University that is?  McGill.

Let's quit dicking around.  Move Toronto to Windsor
Move Montreal to Quebec City or Moncton/Halifax

Hey Ho!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 14, 2023, 05:18:48 PM
Looks like they still hold big concerts and trade shows in it, it's either safe or it's not, there's no in-between.

Pretty sure it's safe. I just don't think there's any interest in using it as a CFL.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 14, 2023, 07:39:23 PM
Pretty sure it's safe. I just don't think there's any interest in using it as a CFL.

Yah, I think it lacks a tenant and the Als prefer playing in Molson Stadium, probably way cheaper to rent.

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on February 14, 2023, 07:14:39 PM
A shoddy ancient falling apart stadium....like the one they play in now at whatever University that is?  McGill.

Let's quit dicking around.  Move Toronto to Windsor
Move Montreal to Quebec City or Moncton/Halifax

Hey Ho!

Need stadiums for that to happen.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 14, 2023, 07:59:15 PM
Yah, I think it lacks a tenant and the Als prefer playing in Molson Stadium, probably way cheaper to rent.

I'm thinking the Xtreme turf is probably pretty dead there, and they would need a full returf for it (last changed in 2014).  And that's not cheap.

Molson is great, but they should want to grow out of it.  Playing indoors in winter would mean much larger crowds, and if the Big O is empty, can't imagine the rent would be that bad.  And I can't see a cup hosted at Molson.  But at the Big O, they could host a GC every handful of year, probably pay the rent right there...  who wouldn't want to go to Montreal for a GC and sit indoors...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on February 14, 2023, 08:59:53 PM
I'm thinking the Xtreme turf is probably pretty dead there, and they would need a full returf for it (last changed in 2014).  And that's not cheap.

Molson is great, but they should want to grow out of it.  Playing indoors in winter would mean much larger crowds, and if the Big O is empty, can't imagine the rent would be that bad.  And I can't see a cup hosted at Molson.  But at the Big O, they could host a GC every handful of year, probably pay the rent right there...  who wouldn't want to go to Montreal for a GC and sit indoors...

I think the Als used if for a playoff game within the last 5 years, but can't really recall for sure. Montreal hasn't hosted the G.C. since 2001, maybe the CFL throws the new owners a bone.

Norm W

Have been to both stadiums, the last Grey Cup held in the "O" and caught a Bomber game at Percival Field i.e. McGill University or Molson Stadium. I prefer the latter. The Big O is just too big for the current attendance draw, and that would apply to every team in the league, its permanent seating is set at just over 56,000 seats and if I recall correctly they can expand it with temporary seating to the 70k to 80K range. Remember the optics of games being played in the Skydome and BC Place with 10,000 to 15,000 fans in the seats... isn't pretty!
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

CF Montreal vs. Philadelphia Union (MLS)
Home opener March 18, 2023 @ 7:30
Olympic Stadium

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 14, 2023, 09:19:34 PM
I think the Als used if for a playoff game within the last 5 years, but can't really recall for sure. Montreal hasn't hosted the G.C. since 2001, maybe the CFL throws the new owners a bone.

It's been over a decade since the last CFL game at that stadium: the 2012 East Final.

Montreal last hosted a Grey Cup in 2008.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on February 14, 2023, 08:59:53 PM

Dude, at this point, they're trying to grow INTO Molson, not out of it.

No team is every going to have the sttendance draw for Olympic stadium, even if it was refurnished.
My wife is amazing!

KINGCHARLES

I don't understand why some fans think larger stadiums is the answer to "gate revenue". When really the biggest problem with gate revenue is a combination of properly priced ticket prices and marketing the teams.
I believe all teams would be better off with their gate revenue if they studied their ticket prices and maybe reduced all ticket prices and found creative ways to market the hell out of their teams to attract more fans to games.
Honestly wouldn't a team like the Argos be much better off if they drastically reduced the prices of their avg 15,000 empty seats in half.

For example in Toronto: (simple math)
27,000 seats  x $75/seat = 12,000 fans per game.
12,000 fans/game X $75 X 9 home games = $8,100,000/season.

27,000 x $40 x 9= $9,720,000
with a proper marketing and ticket price plan in place cities like Toronto should have no problem selling out every game. I don't understand why teams wouldn't try to get creative with attempting to sell out every game. More fans equals better/louder atmosphere for the home team. If every team in the CFL could figure out how to sell out all seats for every game each team would probably be in the black every year and it might further help get larger tv contracts/exposure.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

theaardvark

Its not that the O is a larger stadium (but it is), it is that it is a climate controlled stadium.  Which makes late season and playoff games attendable.

And what better city to have a Grey Cup in than Montreal?

I went to the cup in Toronto in 1978 (Exhibition) and 1979 (Big O), and all things aside, the Montreal trip was way better...

As to it being too big to host the current crowds, yes.  But there are way of increasing the attendance, papering the upper decks with free seats for kids and/or New Canadians, growing the base and concessions...  but they will need to limit airhorn idiots...  that would be intolerable indoors

blue_gold_84

With the current situation as it pertains to that organization, I can't see trying to make a larger and more expensive venue a worthwhile consideration. Too risky considering the circumstances.

A stable ownership group and a competitive team are more important - and necessary - priorities at this stage of the game for Montreal Alouettes. IMO, anyway.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 15, 2023, 05:22:46 PM
With the current situation as it pertains to that organization, I can't see trying to make a larger and more expensive venue a worthwhile consideration. Too risky considering the circumstances.

A stable ownership group and a competitive team are more important - and necessary - priorities at this stage of the game for Montreal Alouettes. IMO, anyway.

If the "local ownership group" included a minority involvement by the Government of Quebec (owners of the Big O), I would guess cost of the facility would be a much lessened issue... getting 9-11 dates per year for a venue like that could be huge for the venue's bottom line, even if it was at a % of gate revenue arrangement...

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on February 15, 2023, 05:04:22 PM
Its not that the O is a larger stadium (but it is), it is that it is a climate controlled stadium.  Which makes late season and playoff games attendable.

And what better city to have a Grey Cup in than Montreal?

I went to the cup in Toronto in 1978 (Exhibition) and 1979 (Big O), and all things aside, the Montreal trip was way better...

As to it being too big to host the current crowds, yes.  But there are way of increasing the attendance, papering the upper decks with free seats for kids and/or New Canadians, growing the base and concessions...  but they will need to limit airhorn idiots...  that would be intolerable indoors

So you had a good time there in 1979 and feel that is a compelling reason for a franchise to go back to the venue 20 years after deciding it was not a viable option?
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 15, 2023, 05:37:32 PM
If the "local ownership group" included a minority involvement by the Government of Quebec (owners of the Big O), I would guess cost of the facility would be a much lessened issue... getting 9-11 dates per year for a venue like that could be huge for the venue's bottom line, even if it was at a % of gate revenue arrangement...

That's a big if, Aardsy. I can't see a provincial gov't getting involved in such a thing, either.

Quote from: Jesse on February 15, 2023, 05:40:33 PM
So you had a good time there in 1979 and feel that is a compelling reason for a franchise to go back to the venue 20 years after deciding it was not a viable option?

Right? LOL :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on February 15, 2023, 05:40:33 PM

Not meaning the venue, but the city...

TecnoGenius

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on February 15, 2023, 04:39:43 PM
I don't understand why some fans think larger stadiums is the answer to "gate revenue". When really the biggest problem with gate revenue is a combination of properly priced ticket prices and marketing the teams.

You know who does ticket prices really well?  SSK.  Mosaic has a whack ton of different "zones" and tiered ticket prices.  When you've decided what you want to spend, there's another section nearby that upgrades you for like $25 more.  And then another section $25 more than that... They literally tailor it so that everyone is tempted to spend the max they can afford.

IGF just does a handful of pricing zones then the big jump to Pinnacle.  Nothing to entice people either way.

At IGF the top-most nosebleeds (say top 7 rows) should be a chunk cheaper than the lower rows, in a whole ring around the stadium.  Kids section should be way cheaper.  I'd say every 2 sections over in any area should be a different price, not 4 sections in a row all the same price.  TM makes this all super easy, like it is for Mosaic.  And you'd eliminate the "bunching up" of butts in seats you get with the current price scheme; if you price everything right.

And kids should always be 1/2 price in any section with an adult ticket purchased, no matter the section (barring maybe the "best" 2 zones).

Back to MTL: they had great attendance the last 2-3 seasons since they started looking good with Kahari.  That wasn't enough to make the team more attractive or viable?  Maybe get rid of the benches and put in real seats to start... And stop firing HCs.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 16, 2023, 02:03:27 AM
You know who does ticket prices really well?  SSK.  Mosaic has a whack ton of different "zones" and tiered ticket prices.  When you've decided what you want to spend, there's another section nearby that upgrades you for like $25 more.  And then another section $25 more than that... They literally tailor it so that everyone is tempted to spend the max they can afford.

IGF just does a handful of pricing zones then the big jump to Pinnacle.  Nothing to entice people either way.

At IGF the top-most nosebleeds (say top 7 rows) should be a chunk cheaper than the lower rows, in a whole ring around the stadium.  Kids section should be way cheaper.  I'd say every 2 sections over in any area should be a different price, not 4 sections in a row all the same price.  TM makes this all super easy, like it is for Mosaic.  And you'd eliminate the "bunching up" of butts in seats you get with the current price scheme; if you price everything right.

And kids should always be 1/2 price in any section with an adult ticket purchased, no matter the section (barring maybe the "best" 2 zones).

Back to MTL: they had great attendance the last 2-3 seasons since they started looking good with Kahari.  That wasn't enough to make the team more attractive or viable?  Maybe get rid of the benches and put in real seats to start... And stop firing HCs.

It's hard to argue Winnipeg does not do pricing well when they led the league in attendance last year.

DM83

I like indoor stadiums.  They are warm. Period.
Montreal McGill stadium is embarassing.
Toronto is a dead end and a waste of time.

They should move to Windsor.
Montreal should move to Quebec City.

Toronto cant sell 15,000 seats and Montreal was down trodding and can't sell 20,000. Plus no one cares.

Time to make some changes.  If a town has a stadium of 10,000 go for it.  That's more than Toronto gets.

blue_gold_84

Another home run comment from DM83.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

DM83

blue_gold_84

Quote from: DM83 on February 16, 2023, 06:52:53 PM
You guys wanna go?

Where are you taking us? I'll go if you're paying.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

I want to come to where ever we go! Please.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_or_die

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 16, 2023, 02:03:27 AM

Not saying I agree with everything you're suggesting but in general, I think WFC could benefit from a re-evaluation of their ticket prices.

I think when they came up with their current P-tier system when IGF was built, they overestimated the desirability of the corner seating and undervalued the bottom half of upper deck seats.

I feel like if they reworked pricing and raised the former and lowered the latter, people would tolerate the higher upper deck prices and more people would come out and sit in the corners for cheap, respectively, resulting in overall greater revenue.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 16, 2023, 09:01:18 PM
I think when they came up with their current P-tier system when IGF was built, they overestimated the desirability of the corner seating and undervalued the bottom half of upper deck seats.

I feel like if they reworked pricing and raised the former and lowered the latter, people would tolerate the higher upper deck prices and more people would come out and sit in the corners for cheap, respectively, resulting in overall greater revenue.

Ssshhhh you'll give away my secret!  :D :D ;D ;D

They have upped the price of the "STH area" of 200 level in recent years.  But, yes the corners (say outside the 20YLs) start to lose decent view angles and are too pricey from a walk-up standpoint.  The STH prices there aren't too bad, though, and I know a couple of people who have their STH there.

That's why I think more gradation would be of benefit.  You can always spot visibly in the crowd where the expensive section ends and the cheaper section starts (except at the BB of course).  I'm telling you, having closer price points will get people to spend more.  You should look at your sec 233 price and say "shoot, for $5 more I can be closer to C in 232", and then you select that, then say "shoot, for $5 more I can be closer to C in 231", etc.  Likewise, the guy who really can't afford $55 in 229 will be like "I could still get really good seats in 227 for $X less" instead of dropping his STH completely.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

DM83

theaardvark

With the Jim Beam social pass "seat" sales, that takes away some of the upper deck demand...

blue_or_die

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 17, 2023, 05:28:34 AM
Ssshhhh you'll give away my secret!  :D :D ;D ;D

They have upped the price of the "STH area" of 200 level in recent years.  But, yes the corners (say outside the 20YLs) start to lose decent view angles and are too pricey from a walk-up standpoint.  The STH prices there aren't too bad, though, and I know a couple of people who have their STH there.

That's why I think more gradation would be of benefit.  You can always spot visibly in the crowd where the expensive section ends and the cheaper section starts (except at the BB of course).  I'm telling you, having closer price points will get people to spend more.  You should look at your sec 233 price and say "shoot, for $5 more I can be closer to C in 232", and then you select that, then say "shoot, for $5 more I can be closer to C in 231", etc.  Likewise, the guy who really can't afford $55 in 229 will be like "I could still get really good seats in 227 for $X less" instead of dropping his STH completely.

I mostly agree with this
#Ride?

theaardvark

Still loved my seasons in 202 and 236... the sightlines anyways... the section was a little rowdy for my taste, and a little vulger for my wife though...

DM83

Come on Ards, tell her to man up!  Give her some well, whatever gets her going...... and party on.  Its not like we have a great team every year.  It's our turn...Then you can go to Rainbow Stage and the ballet with her.

I hear ya though, my buds and I have Pinnacle Lounge seats.  I think the lounge  isnt very good, but at least the pee breaks lines are short.  Being older I  sometimes run into people from the past that are still coherent.  Nice  crowd in there.

theaardvark

Quote from: DM83 on February 17, 2023, 08:16:31 PM
Come on Ards, tell her to man up!  Give her some well, whatever gets her going...... and party on.  Its not like we have a great team every year.  It's our turn...Then you can go to Rainbow Stage and the ballet with her.

I hear ya though, my buds and I have Pinnacle Lounge seats.  I think the lounge  isnt very good, but at least the pee breaks lines are short.  Being older I  sometimes run into people from the past that are still coherent.  Nice  crowd in there.

Well, this year I've continued my upgrade path to Pinnacle... went from corner uppers, to 3 rows up on the 50 yd line, to now Pinnacle 50 yarders...  and my wife got me the new Bomber leather and melton jacket and some new hats for Valentines day using our discount... going to be sharp dressed this year... 

Norm W

Quote from: DM83 on February 16, 2023, 04:54:42 PM

Montreal McGill stadium is embarassing.

Have you been to a game there? I'll give you that it's a small venue for a pro team but great atmosphere, tight close to the action. Now if want to talk about the cost of a beer and hotdog, highly inflated...gouging in fact.
No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire :)

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Norm W on February 21, 2023, 05:34:52 PM
Have you been to a game there? I'll give you that it's a small venue for a pro team but great atmosphere, tight close to the action. Now if want to talk about the cost of a beer and hotdog, highly inflated...gouging in fact.

McGill is better than Commonwealth or even BC Place for CFL in my opinion.

DM83

No I have not been to Montreal McGill.  Looks great.  I am just thinking why they would not have added some improvements. I have been to every other stadium in the CFL and Olympic stadium in Montreal.

theaardvark

I don't know if i could attend a MTL home game with that freaking horn... I'd probably get arrested for punching him out before we got to the second quarter...

pjrocksmb

Quote from: theaardvark on February 17, 2023, 08:50:37 PM
Well, this year I've continued my upgrade path to Pinnacle... went from corner uppers, to 3 rows up on the 50 yd line, to now Pinnacle 50 yarders...  and my wife got me the new Bomber leather and melton jacket and some new hats for Valentines day using our discount... going to be sharp dressed this year... 
Enjoy that man.  I'm in the nose bleeds and loving it.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on February 21, 2023, 10:06:15 PM
Enjoy that man.  I'm in the nose bleeds and loving it.

Nosebleeds @IGF are the way to go.  See ya there PJ!

Quote from: theaardvark on February 21, 2023, 09:03:02 PM
I don't know if i could attend a MTL home game with that freaking horn... I'd probably get arrested for punching him out before we got to the second quarter...

Go to a MTL home game right after the F1 Canadian GP and you can just re-use your hearing protection at Molson.  Or punch the guy(s).  Either/or.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

OK , I do recognize the ambiance.  I recently went to a Coyotes game at Mullet arena  on the ASU campus in Tempe.  Sat 2nd row at ice level.  had two great seat partners who loved hockey.  So, yea, I will have to plan a visit to McGill.  And put me on the sign up list to take away those horns. 

gobombersgo

Herb Zurkowsky   @HerbZurkowsky1  39 minutes ago
I'm hearing CFL has entered into exclusivity with one of the potential ownership groups intent on purchasing #AlsMTL

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gobombersgo on February 24, 2023, 07:28:29 PM
Herb Zurkowsky   @HerbZurkowsky1  39 minutes ago
I'm hearing CFL has entered into exclusivity with one of the potential ownership groups intent on purchasing #AlsMTL
This came in short order which fantastic news. Hopefully local ownership who loves the game and fully understands how to properly promote the game within the Quebec community!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 24, 2023, 10:30:38 PM
This came in short order which fantastic news. Hopefully local ownership who loves the game and fully understands how to properly promote the game within the Quebec community!

Free hand-horn and bag of seagull food for every attendee!  That'll get 'em 4 sure
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Numerous sources have told the Montreal Gazette the league is negotiating exclusively with Quebecor Inc., meaning Montreal businessman, billionaire and former politician Pierre Karl P'ladeau
@PKP_Qc
could soon be the team?s owner.
@HerbZurkowsky1
#CFL #LCF #MontreALS

GOLDMEMBER

Sounds like the right kinda guy for the job.

pjrocksmb

Sec227

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 17, 2023, 06:02:32 PM
I mostly agree with this

I would have bought a 3rd ticket for my 15 year old if they would do 1/2 price where I sit. ANYTHING up top, should be 1/2 price for kids. No brainer.

blue_or_die

Quote from: Sec227 on March 08, 2023, 07:50:36 PM
I would have bought a 3rd ticket for my 15 year old if they would do 1/2 price where I sit. ANYTHING up top, should be 1/2 price for kids. No brainer.

At least for the back half of the upper deck, as well as the corners.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sec227 on March 08, 2023, 07:50:36 PM

Exactly.  Hardcore fans (ones who want to really watch the game) with families shouldn't be forced to pick between decent-view seats or getting ST's for their kids.  Ya, some can afford both, but how many can't (or aren't willing to).  The kids are the key to filling the stands 10-15-20 years from now.

Every area except for the absolute prime seats (between the 35's in 100-level and first 10 rows of 200-level) should have half price kids.

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 08, 2023, 08:19:04 PM
At least for the back half of the upper deck, as well as the corners.

I'm pretty sure the corners have half-price kids ST.  Source: me when I was buying STs for my kid.  Will confirm when I finally get around to buying my ST for this season.
Never go full Rider!

Stretch

Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Stretch on March 10, 2023, 12:01:36 PM
Getting back on topic, looks like there is a buyer: https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/report-cfl-reaches-agreement-to-sell-montreal-alouettes-1.1929454

Good to hear. CFL won't gain any franchise fee if one is paid. New money is probably transferred back to previous owners or offsets any current liability.

Regardless, the Als are back in business and the rest of the league is not left holding the bag.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on March 10, 2023, 04:44:28 PM
Official...

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/03/10/pierre-karl-peladeau-acquires-the-montreal-alouettes/

It sounds like Peladeau will own the Als personally, instead of having them as part of his larger corporation.

blue_gold_84

Good news. This should get the organization on the right track.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Its too bad he didn't cut Gary Stern in for 25%...

Or maybe not...

TecnoGenius

Good job CFL and Peladeau.  Compared to the previous MTL escapades, this went smooth as silk.

Now, get rid of the bench-bleachers, horns, and gulls.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Lincoln Locomotive

Hopefully the new owner has a long term vision of success and
brings the Montreal fan base back into the stadium!   
Bomber fan for life