2023 Free Agency Transactions - Other Teams

Started by ModAdmin, February 13, 2023, 05:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwiser

Quote from: DM83 on June 03, 2023, 09:18:09 PM
Thanks Blue
Also thanks for info on who was released by other teams.

Bombers look like a lot of very good players.  I prefer we go back to four exhibitions?  Did we ever have four?  Well maybe. Three.
Also time in pads needs to be increased. To allow for that, add two weeks to the season, increased roster size and at least five days between games.

People need time to heal.

Just some tweaking.
I prefer we had no exhibition games. We didn't have a preseason in 2021 and we managed just fine. I know the coaches like preseason games but as a fan I find it kind of boring. Lets get on with the real season.

Pigskin

Ottawa: Tre Hornbuckle (DE)  6'4"  255, 21 DT, 5 sacks. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on June 03, 2023, 09:01:17 PM
Elks release Matthew Thomas. 51 tackles in 2022. DE/LB  6'3" 230.

We gotta roster him just so we can have 3 Thomas's on our DL!!!  That would drive the stats people and fans nuts.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

We really do gotta scrap heap ourselves another DE.

VictorRomano

Stamps released Nat LB Jordan Herdman-Reed.

3rdand1.5

So Kongbo was only worth a 4th rounder in a trade?

I think I am missing something, he came back from the NFL wen to BC, no word if we looked at him, we all assumed Lemon was released to make room for him, then after preseason he get's traded to Hammy and BC only gets a 4th round back....did something happen to him, injury or personality wise?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on June 05, 2023, 03:20:29 PM

I think I am missing something, he came back from the NFL wen to BC, no word if we looked at him, we all assumed Lemon was released to make room for him, then after preseason he get's traded to Hammy and BC only gets a 4th round back....did something happen to him, injury or personality wise?

Kind of an odd. Not 100% sure what to make of it. It's important to remember we are talking about a guy who has 4 sacks in 26 career games, though.

the paw

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on June 05, 2023, 03:20:29 PM

So weird.  You have to think Kongbo might be a little miffed, signing to be immediately traded.  Either he has a personal reason for wanting to go east, or something transpired during training camp that made the Lions question the fit.
grab grass 'n growl

3rdand1.5

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 05, 2023, 03:25:04 PM
Kind of an odd. Not 100% sure what to make of it. It's important to remember we are talking about a guy who has 4 sacks in 26 career games, though.

Sounds like according to Farhan it was an "attitude" non fit issue

Farhan Lalji

@FarhanLaljiTSN
?
2m

I?m told Kongbo was ?not a fit in the room? & it was important for #BCLions to get back to the chemistry they had before the trade. This deal eliminates what was going back to #TiCats in the Dane Evans deal; a 4th round pick that escalates to a 3rd.
@CFLonTSN

M.O.A.B.

"not a fit in the room" per Farjan's tweet.

can we send a conditional 3rd (escalated to 2nd) to get him from Ticats?
He was not a problem in that locker room

pdirks67

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 05, 2023, 03:25:04 PM

In my eyes, Kongbo was a decent Canadian rotational backup at DE. But he was never starter material. Hopefully Bennett grows into the same kind of role as the season wears on.

the paw

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 05, 2023, 03:36:41 PM
"not a fit in the room" per Farjan's tweet.

can we send a conditional 3rd (escalated to 2nd) to get him from Ticats?
He was not a problem in that locker room

He maybe suffering from the post NFL enlarged cranium syndrome...
grab grass 'n growl

kkc60

now the Bombers should really get Lemon. BC could circle back

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: the paw on June 05, 2023, 03:45:40 PM
He maybe suffering from the post NFL enlarged cranium syndrome...

It was not an issue when he came back to the Bombers after his first NFL stint

Blue In BC

Quote from: pdirks67 on June 05, 2023, 03:40:48 PM
In my eyes, Kongbo was a decent Canadian rotational backup at DE. But he was never starter material. Hopefully Bennett grows into the same kind of role as the season wears on.

Can't disagree with that comment. I don't know much about Bennett. He may have more upside, but I would have given up a similar draft pick to get him back until we know what we have at DE. Kongbo would be at least more ready to take snaps on defence than Bennett as a rookie. There was at least one poster suggesting Bennett was a bust. Obviously it's too early to make that judgment but is he ready for his role NOW? He wouldn't be the 1st rookie to succeed.

It didn't cost the Ti Cats much but they didn't really need him either. Their DL is going to cause problems for opponents.
2019 Grey Cup Champions