2023 Free Agency Transactions - Other Teams

Started by ModAdmin, February 13, 2023, 05:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

3rd Down Nation just published the 20 top DB salaries, interesting Bombers highest paid DB is Alexander at $101K, 17th on the list.  Walters has done an excellent job of providing Richie with plenty of high quality candidates at a low cost. 

KINGCHARLES

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on April 23, 2023, 05:07:23 PM
3rd Down Nation just published the 20 top DB salaries, interesting Bombers highest paid DB is Alexander at $101K, 17th on the list.  Walters has done an excellent job of providing Richie with plenty of high quality candidates at a low cost. 
Winston Rose isn't a top 20????......now I'm not sure how much i can trust those articles
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on April 23, 2023, 05:30:00 PM
Winston Rose isn't a top 20????......now I'm not sure how much i can trust those articles

After last year? Did you watch the games?

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on April 24, 2023, 03:42:02 AM
After last year? Did you watch the games?

We're talking salaries of DB's, not performance.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on April 24, 2023, 01:14:32 PM
We're talking salaries of DB's, not performance.

There are 54 starting DBs (45 if you don't count SAM, but you should because there are so many 5 receiver sets). He shouldn't be paid in the top 20 this year and he didn't perform in the top 20 last year.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on April 24, 2023, 06:19:15 PM
There are 54 starting DBs (45 if you don't count SAM, but you should because there are so many 5 receiver sets). He shouldn't be paid in the top 20 this year and he didn't perform in the top 20 last year.

Not every player is paid exactly what he's worth one way or the other.  B. Alexander is listed as # 17 for example. Many Bomber players took favourable team discounts.

Again, the report is based on what they are paid and not on a " best of " list. That's very subjective. CB, DHB, safeties and ratio all impact that. I'd say Nichols is a top 20 DHB and he's not listed in the list.

You're being too hard on him IMO.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

I'm just shocked how little $$ DBs get paid!  Holy smokes those are bad salaries when some of those players are all-stars, superstars and mega-gamechangers.  If Alford were to come back, how much would he be worth?

But I guess it's supply and demand.  There are a zillion IMP DBs coming out of college every year.  Too much supply.

Has a CFL DB ever gotten anywhere close to 200k?  Funny how the top DL can earn waaaay more.  If I was a kid starting football on the D side, I'd make sure I was playing the big-$ positions, like DE or MLB.

DBs are the Rodney Dangerfield of football.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

Does it look like Hamilton is out to try to buy a grey cup seeing as they are hosting?
When you see the number of high priced free agents they have signed I can't see how they are under the cap.
especially when you consider that when your building you team from free agency you are paying a premium
The list includes
Bo Levi @510k
Figuero @200k
Sayles  @200k
Butler @ 130k
Williams @ 177k
Thurman @ 155k
Boetang @150k
Davis 165K

ModAdmin

Quote from: Pete on April 24, 2023, 11:21:52 PM
Does it look like Hamilton is out to try to buy a grey cup seeing as they are hosting?
When you see the number of high priced free agents they have signed I can't see how they are under the cap.
especially when you consider that when your building you team from free agency you are paying a premium
The list includes
Bo Levi @510k
Figuero @200k
Sayles  @200k
Butler @ 130k
Williams @ 177k
Thurman @ 155k
Boetang @150k

Just saying...it takes more than big salaries, star player status and individual all stars to build a Grey Cup winner.
Davis 165K

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on April 24, 2023, 10:27:43 PM
I'm just shocked how little $$ DBs get paid!  Holy smokes those are bad salaries when some of those players are all-stars, superstars and mega-gamechangers.  If Alford were to come back, how much would he be worth?

But I guess it's supply and demand.  There are a zillion IMP DBs coming out of college every year.  Too much supply.

Has a CFL DB ever gotten anywhere close to 200k?  Funny how the top DL can earn waaaay more.  If I was a kid starting football on the D side, I'd make sure I was playing the big-$ positions, like DE or MLB.

DBs are the Rodney Dangerfield of football.

Yup supply and demand

Blue In BC

Mike Edem retired today. That's a blow to the Als.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on April 27, 2023, 05:27:32 PM
Mike Edem retired today. That's a blow to the Als.

When did he sign with the Al's. ??
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

the paw

grab grass 'n growl

Blue In BC

Quote from: the paw on April 27, 2023, 06:59:33 PM
Chris Ackie? 

Yes, sorry I meant Chris Ackie. Got confused thinking about them.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: the paw on April 27, 2023, 06:59:33 PM
Chris Ackie

Was he signed and then retired?  Or went un-signed and then retired?  Strange timing.

Ackie was a good player, very tough and hard-nosed and playing on the edge.  He's the one who put the headshot sack on Nichols in the MTL Miracle Game that helped us win.  Without that extra 15 we might not have had enough time for the yards.
Never go full Rider!