2023 Free Agency Transactions - Other Teams

Started by ModAdmin, February 13, 2023, 05:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Business profile picture
CFL
@CFL

Dominant defensive addition arriving in Calgary.

The @calstampeders have signed DL, Julian Howsare (former Ticat).
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Quote from: VictorRomano on February 14, 2023, 06:05:09 PM
Former Bomber (and Ticat) Jovan Santos-Knox as the new MLB in Ottawa.

Santos-Knox was excellent for the Ticats the last two seasons. 177 DT, 2 sacks, 1 Int, 1 FF.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on February 14, 2023, 06:10:20 PM
Santos-Knox was excellent for the Ticats the last two seasons. 177 DT, 2 sacks, 1 Int, 1 FF.

I'm hoping the Bombers can bring him back home once Bighill retires, always loved his play.

ModAdmin

Dave Naylor
@TSNDaveNaylor

39m
Hearing the @GoElks have signed former @BCLions Kevin Francis to deal. Led the @CFL last season in special teams tackles. #CFL #Elks
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

WR Shaq Evans signs with OTT (per their official Twitter account).
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

VictorRomano

So it looks like the Elks have East Division All Star Steven Dunbar Jr., East MOP Eugene Lewis, Dillon Mitchell, and Manny Arceneaux at receiver, along with signing former NFL 3rd rounder Sammie Coates.  They're almost as stacked as the Bombers.  Should be some great games vs Winnipeg this year.

Pete

Elks have also looked to have sighed Moore from Sask, like usual Jones goes overboard

theaardvark

So, Lewis is the Elks highest paid player... 

Cornelius is getting $238k/yr...

When was the last time that happened?  I guess last year with Rourke?  But other than that...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

the paw

Quote from: VictorRomano on February 14, 2023, 08:43:06 PM
So it looks like the Elks have East Division All Star Steven Dunbar Jr., East MOP Eugene Lewis, Dillon Mitchell, and Manny Arceneaux at receiver, along with signing former NFL 3rd rounder Sammie Coates.  They're almost as stacked as the Bombers.  Should be some great games vs Winnipeg this year.

I'll be surprised if Manny isn't a healthy scratch most weeks.  I have their starting receivers as Lewis, Mitchell, Dunbar, Moore and Random Canadian.

SK receivers are looking thin.  Weineke, Schafer-Baker, Shawn Bane, Leinius, and Brescanin?  It wouldn't surprise me if Rasheed Bailey or Derek Walker end up on that roster.
grab grass 'n growl

Blue In BC

About 40 players changed teams.  Some big names left on the free agent list but big money has been spent. No idea where a few of these players will end up after this changing of the guard across rosters.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: the paw on February 14, 2023, 09:42:50 PM
I'll be surprised if Manny isn't a healthy scratch most weeks.  I have their starting receivers as Lewis, Mitchell, Dunbar, Moore and Random Canadian.

SK receivers are looking thin.  Weineke, Schafer-Baker, Shawn Bane, Leinius, and Brescanin?  It wouldn't surprise me if Rasheed Bailey or Derek Walker end up on that roster.

Walker is in Hamilton...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

kkc60

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 14, 2023, 10:38:24 PM
Still no one for Bailey eh?
he?ll be in the second wave. Probably Calgary or maybe Montreal

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: kkc60 on February 14, 2023, 10:44:06 PM
he?ll be in the second wave. Probably Calgary or maybe Montreal
I doubt Calgary FA WR signings are not there style. I can see Sask overpaying for his services though.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

the paw

Quote from: theaardvark on February 14, 2023, 10:36:40 PM

Walker is in Hamilton...

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Duke Williams?  I don't see anything about Walker on TiCats twitter feed.
grab grass 'n growl