2023 Free Agency Transactions - Other Teams

Started by ModAdmin, February 13, 2023, 05:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 05, 2023, 09:52:51 PM
I doubt it and in pre season we used so many 2nd string and rookie OL. Augustine had a 4.5 yard average on 65 rushes last year. That's not bad for the back up RB.

It wasn't that JA looked bad, it's that Salima looked so good (with a similar hodgepodge of OL).  If it was just JA playing that PS2 game, I would have said he was great let's keep him.  It's the side-to-side comparison that looks bad.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 05, 2023, 10:14:30 PM
As for Augustine I have faith he'll shine when the holes open up, he's never been great breaking tackles in the backfield but give him space and he explodes.

Oh for sure 100%.  You could see it on every carry.  He was looking for the hole and then accelerating hard into it.  He's totally a speed guy, and if he had slipped through even once he was going to get big yards.  He was just itching to bust out.  But nothing opened up and he wasn't slippery enough.  And he couldn't bruise through it like Salima did or BO20 would.  JA is a lot like a McCrae (but with worse hands).  I'm not sure that style is an every-down fit for WPG as we currently stand.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 05, 2023, 11:27:54 PM
It wasn't that JA looked bad, it's that Salima looked so good (with a similar hodgepodge of OL).  If it was just JA playing that PS2 game, I would have said he was great let's keep him.  It's the side-to-side comparison that looks bad.

Oh for sure 100%.  You could see it on every carry.  He was looking for the hole and then accelerating hard into it.  He's totally a speed guy, and if he had slipped through even once he was going to get big yards.  He was just itching to bust out.  But nothing opened up and he wasn't slippery enough.  And he couldn't bruise through it like Salima did or BO20 would.  JA is a lot like a McCrae (but with worse hands).  I'm not sure that style is an every-down fit for WPG as we currently stand.

No doubt Salima looked great and it's sad they didn't retain him on the PR, but he did have the advantage of playing with Piggy which opens up the running options, while Johnny played with Dru Brown who is going to hand off or throw. 

Blue In BC

Jamal Peters just got released by the Falcons. I can't remember if he's still under contract in Toronto or a complete free agent. He may be returning to Canada? He's an excellent player.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 06, 2023, 01:51:04 PM
Jamal Peters just got released by the Falcons. I can't remember if he's still under contract in Toronto or a complete free agent. He may be returning to Canada? He's an excellent player.

He plays defence, don't worry Hammy will sign him....lol