Gotta give props to the BC Lions for their marketing initiatives
Pregame concerts
Promoting back yard party
Best job on preseason streaming
A lot of other teams should take note

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on June 02, 2023, 04:51:21 AM
Gotta give props to the BC Lions for their marketing initiatives

Fan engagement through videos, etc.  Yup, BC really does this right.  Need more of this from all teams to reach the teens/20s.

Bet their forum sucks compared to ours though  :D :D :D :D  Best forum in the league by far (I regularly read 2 others, they mostly suck).
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 02, 2023, 04:00:39 AM
Shawn Lemon
Next move will be the best move !!

What is the "best move" in the CFL?  That's gotta mean just 1 thing: Bombers.  The only other possibility would be GC champs TOR?  Not what I'd call the "best move", but I could see someone else argue that (if their name was Pinball).

If our DL is in a sorry state (esp stopping the run and no one respects our DTs so double-teams the DEs) early in the season, we could do worse than bring in Lemon.  Just no one tell Matt Nichols...
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 02, 2023, 06:59:38 AM
What is the "best move" in the CFL?  That's gotta mean just 1 thing: Bombers.  The only other possibility would be GC champs TOR?  Not what I'd call the "best move", but I could see someone else argue that (if their name was Pinball).

If our DL is in a sorry state (esp stopping the run and no one respects our DTs so double-teams the DEs) early in the season, we could do worse than bring in Lemon.  Just no one tell Matt Nichols...

A healthy Lemon opposite Jefferson or in a Cheetah with the Jeffs and Thomas would be a sight to see...  IF he still has game. Getting released says a lot, either they gave him too much, or he did not winter well... or both.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on June 02, 2023, 03:31:59 PM
A healthy Lemon opposite Jefferson or in a Cheetah with the Jeffs and Thomas would be a sight to see...  IF he still has game. Getting released says a lot, either they gave him too much, or he did not winter well... or both.

Couple of other factors to consider, the Lions dumped Lemon the day they signed Kongbo who is both younger and more Canadian.

DM83

Like I said before, our management does a good job finding guys.  Of course when everyone is cutting, it has to be hard to add.  As has been said, let the dust settle, for a while.  we will know more in 10 hours.

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on June 02, 2023, 06:51:30 PM
Like I said before, our management does a good job finding guys.  Of course when everyone is cutting, it has to be hard to add.  As has been said, let the dust settle, for a while.  we will know more in 10 hours.

Two words: Wilcots, Mack.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 02, 2023, 04:13:33 PM
Couple of other factors to consider, the Lions dumped Lemon the day they signed Kongbo who is both younger and more Canadian.

Haha, now I've seen it all.  "More Canadian", is that like "more pregnant"?  ;D ;D ;D  But ya, Kongbo is certainly "more NAT" than Lemon.  ;D

Then again, Kongbo may be "more Canadian"  than Woli!!  The NAT rules are an oddity, that's for sure.

Actually strike all that: with the new FAKENAT rules maybe there is different levels to NATty-ness.  I'd put someone like Gauthier as most-NATty, then a Kongbo, then a Woli, then a Lemon.  Then... Agudosi (not NATty in the slightest).  Maybe cfl.ca/players will have to be updated to include a NATtiness rating on a 0-5 scale.  :D :D :D  Then the ratio rule can be changed so that your on-field group reaches a certain NATty sum to be legal.  ;D ;D ;D
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on June 03, 2023, 08:11:44 PM
Is Wilcots a player?

One of two defensive DL players that were Bombers in 2022. Neither had much success.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Whole piles of players no one ever heard of being released.

Here is the CFL Cutdown Tracker.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/06/02/cutdown-tracker-teams-make-their-final-roster-moves/

Stampeders release 22 in final roster cuts, including American defensive back Brad Muhammad.

https://3downnation.com/2023/06/03/stampeders-release-22-in-final-roster-cuts-including-american-defensive-back-brad-muhammad/

Redblacks release 21 as part of final roster cuts, including Canadian punter Jake Julien.

https://3downnation.com/2023/06/03/redblacks-release-21-as-part-of-final-roster-cuts-including-canadian-punter-jake-julien/

Argos release 19 as part of final roster cuts, including QB Ben Holmes

https://3downnation.com/2023/06/02/argos-release-19-as-part-of-final-roster-cuts-including-qb-ben-holmes/

Pigskin

Elks release Matthew Thomas. 51 tackles in 2022. DE/LB  6'3" 230.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

DM83

Thanks Blue
Also thanks for info on who was released by other teams.

Bombers look like a lot of very good players.  I prefer we go back to four exhibitions?  Did we ever have four?  Well maybe. Three.
Also time in pads needs to be increased. To allow for that, add two weeks to the season, increased roster size and at least five days between games.

People need time to heal.

Just some tweaking.

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on June 03, 2023, 09:18:09 PM
Thanks Blue
Also thanks for info on who was released by other teams.

Bombers look like a lot of very good players.  I prefer we go back to four exhibitions?  Did we ever have four?  Well maybe. Three.
Also time in pads needs to be increased. To allow for that, add two weeks to the season, increased roster size and at least five days between games.

People need time to heal.

Just some tweaking.

In the past there were 4 exhibition games and 16 regular season games. Can't remember exactly when that changed. The catch 22 is that regular season games create more revenue in both live and TV situations.

The game is faster with bigger better players than in the 1950's - 1990's. Rules to protect players means fewer days in pads, less practices etc. It's the way to go.

Just look at any old game and compare the speed and hitting in game today.
2019 Grey Cup Champions