2023 Free Agency Transactions - Blue Bombers

Started by ModAdmin, February 13, 2023, 05:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Well, it took time, but its nice that Showtime Sheed is back.  I didn't think it would happen, but I guess Mr. Walters found a way to fit him in the budget.  Have to wonder if the difference between Prukop and a QB3 on an ELC was the difference...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

ModAdmin

Reports indicate he took less money to stay with the Blue Bombers.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

M.O.A.B.

Bomber will have a lot of headway when it comes to the playbook since most of our guys are now signed.
2023 is gonna be exciting.

DM83

Lol!

OK so someone tell me what area "wanting?"
What a great signing!!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

LXTSN

theaardvark

Have to wonder whether using a DI spot for a P is being used instead of G because we have such good Global players already... and a P on an ELC is going to be very cheap...

Good signing, if he can punt as well or better than Leggs, Leggs can concentrate on K.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

LXTSN

Quote from: theaardvark on February 23, 2023, 02:33:46 PM
Have to wonder whether using a DI spot for a P is being used instead of G because we have such good Global players already... and a P on an ELC is going to be very cheap...

Good signing, if he can punt as well or better than Leggs, Leggs can concentrate on K.
Agreed. I think it's unsustainable to ask him to do both duties
If this helps his kicking then we are looking good!

M.O.A.B.

I'm not in favor of using a DI spot for a kicker/punter unless the guy can do all 3 kick job like Medlock. It's a waste of roster spot imo.

For me in order of preference ...
Ideal...
- Canadian doing all three
- American (DI) doing all three
- Combo of Canadian kicker / punter
These are waste of a roster spot
- Combo of Canadian and American kicker / punter
- Combo of American kicker / punter

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on February 23, 2023, 03:02:28 PM
I'm not in favor of using a DI spot for a kicker/punter unless the guy can do all 3 kick job like Medlock. It's a waste of roster spot imo.

For me in order of preference ...
Ideal...
- Canadian doing all three
- American (DI) doing all three
- Combo of Canadian kicker / punter
These are waste of a roster spot
- Combo of Canadian and American kicker / punter
- Combo of American kicker / punter

Yeah it's a tough sell to use a DI spot for a kicker unless he does all kicking duties and excels at each. I'd still be looking for a very good global kicker to compete. We have a few good global players so that becomes a possible issue, but it's the direction I'd choose. That's if we choose to roster 2 kickers.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 23, 2023, 03:20:21 PM
Yeah it's a tough sell to use a DI spot for a kicker unless he does all kicking duties and excels at each. I'd still be looking for a very good global kicker to compete. We have a few good global players so that becomes a possible issue, but it's the direction I'd choose. That's if we choose to roster 2 kickers.

Yeah.

Makes it seem as if this is purely a move to push Leggs, and not a candidate that could realistically replace him - regardless of how well he does.

But the Bombers do unexpected things with their special teams at times.
My wife is amazing!

Horseman

I hope this new kicker can hammer the ball deep on kickoffs as Leggs didn't kick the ball deep giving the opposition good field position every time.

the paw

Quote from: Jesse on February 23, 2023, 03:27:54 PM
Yeah.

Makes it seem as if this is purely a move to push Leggs, and not a candidate that could realistically replace him - regardless of how well he does.

But the Bombers do unexpected things with their special teams at times.

It's never a bad idea to sign talent, and putting a kid like this on the PR as insurance until he develops as an asset is okay.  But realistically, this can only be seen as "pushing" Legghio in an indirect sense.  We are happy with Legghio's punting, so the question is whether there is a placekicker who can push him.  If the right placekicker comes along, then having another punter in the back pocket opens up possibilities.

I think at the end of the day, we are just going to end up being patient with Legghio, and I'm okay with that. 
grab grass 'n growl

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: LXTSN on February 23, 2023, 02:13:34 PM
Not the signing that we've been waiting for but this guy should be competition for Leggs punting:

https://www.betweenthegoalposts.com/post/cfl-winnipeg-blue-bombers-sign-devin-anctil

He must have been a teammate of Schoen at some point as he played at KSU from 2016-2019.