Winnipeg Blue Bombers re-sign receiver Nic Demski to three-year extension

Started by ModAdmin, February 05, 2023, 07:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

I think this is the signing this off season that makes me the happiest.  It really does.  Even more than the Zach signing for some strange reason.

And making it 3 years like Gittens: super awesome strategic move.  Show the player love and confidence, and surely some coin, and you get loyalty and performance.

3 years!!!  Woot woot.  Thanks NIC DEMSKI! (saying it like Milt stuttered it out a few years ago)

Now, does anyone have an whisper numbers on what it cost us...... over-Gittens or under-Gittens?
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Glad he's back! Interested to see what the deal is worth, especially at 3 years, it's likely to be a pretty big commitment with guaranteed cash. Not sure where that leaves us salary cap wise. Perhaps this year more than ever we very likely have a lot of SMS tied up in a few players. Gotta hope those guys stay healthy and are effective.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on February 06, 2023, 01:58:08 PM
Jeff Hamilton says he's "hearing" that it averages 190K.

If so that's pretty fair and realistic. He should be 20-25k less than Gittens who was over 200k.

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on February 06, 2023, 01:58:58 PM
If so that's pretty fair and realistic. He should be 20-25k less than Gittens who was over 200k.

It's exactly the limit of what I expected/hoped to pay.
My wife is amazing!

bwiser

I think Demski and Darby signing were the last really key free agents that were a must sign. I would like to see Bailey back as well especially with the uncertainty of Shoen right now but we do have some options if Bailey doesn't return.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bwiser on February 06, 2023, 03:52:22 PM
I think Demski and Darby signing were the last really key free agents that were a must sign. I would like to see Bailey back as well especially with the uncertainty of Shoen right now but we do have some options if Bailey doesn't return.

At this point I think Walters waits for Schoen to make up his mind before spending anymore money on receivers.  If he comes back they will likely bump him up above what Bailey is asking, which could make it difficult to bump up Rasheed.  If Bailey leaves I have fully expect Agudosi steps in as a starter, he's paid his dues and deserves his chance.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 06, 2023, 08:14:06 AM
I think this is the signing this off season that makes me the happiest.  It really does.  Even more than the Zach signing for some strange reason.

And making it 3 years like Gittens: super awesome strategic move.  Show the player love and confidence, and surely some coin, and you get loyalty and performance.

3 years!!!  Woot woot.  Thanks NIC DEMSKI! (saying it like Milt stuttered it out a few years ago)

Now, does anyone have an whisper numbers on what it cost us...... over-Gittens or under-Gittens?
He is so easy to love.

I am curious if he got any guaranteed $.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 06, 2023, 05:49:48 PM
At this point I think Walters waits for Schoen to make up his mind before spending anymore money on receivers.  If he comes back they will likely bump him up above what Bailey is asking, which could make it difficult to bump up Rasheed.  If Bailey leaves I have fully expect Agudosi steps in as a starter, he's paid his dues and deserves his chance.
Absolutely as long as Agudosi can stay healthy!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Horseman

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 06, 2023, 07:48:59 PM
Absolutely as long as Agudosi can stay healthy!

Yes, I am excited to see Agudosi this year, hopefully he can stay healthy.

GOLDMEMBER

Correct me if I am wrong but Agudosi was hurt then played a couple games, including that monster Calgary game, but then got hurt again for the balance of the year?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 06, 2023, 08:55:50 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but Agudosi was hurt then played a couple games, including that monster Calgary game, but then got hurt again for the balance of the year?

He only played 1 and a part games before getting injured. His injury history has not been good. Unfortunate or prone IDK. Showed well in the one full game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

Quote from: pjrocksmb on February 06, 2023, 06:15:27 PM
He is so easy to love.

I am curious if he got any guaranteed $.

With the new vet guaranteed money rule, any long term deal (by CFL standards) we can assume includes guaranteed $
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.