Blue Bombers re-sign defensive back Alden Darby

Started by ModAdmin, February 05, 2023, 03:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Ha - we finally got Darby to stay! Glad we could sign him this time around.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 06, 2023, 08:08:51 AM
Yes, unless Maston is willing to stay on as backup SAM / ST or even PR... Unless Maston can play DB...

I'm really hopeful for Taylor.  Might not being available for TC work in his favor?  If it leads WFC to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Awesome signing to get Darby, what a great day of announcements!  I'm glad a) WFC realized Darby is worth trying to keep, and b) Darby realized the grass ain't greener on the other teams.

Unfortunately DB's are now the pawns of the CFL, no big paydays or much fan recognition comes your way if you play DB, dime a dozen now applies to that positional group, cheap and plentiful.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on February 06, 2023, 12:45:54 PM
Ha - we finally got Darby to stay! Glad we could sign him this time around.

He knows he's got it good here. Great signing!
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

bwiser

Quote from: Pigskin on February 05, 2023, 07:03:16 PM
The Darby signing could spell the end on Matson, and maybe Taylor. Love to have Taylor back. But that probably depends on $$.
Considering that Matson is coming back from serious injuries two seasons in a row I have to think he is a longshot to make the team. I really liked his play in 2019 when the Bombers went on their cup run but it might be too much to expect him to return to that form. Taylor is also a bit of a longshot to make the team as well considering he is 34 years old and coming off a serious injury.