2023 CFL draft

Started by Pigskin, February 01, 2023, 05:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

Great input everyone thanks, agree on defensive line

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on February 07, 2023, 02:20:05 PM
You guys could use a Canadian defensive end.  Many teams now are using Canadian defensive ends in their rotation.  You guys haven't had one since Kongbo.

It could be Thomas's last year, you already have his replacement in #99 and Adamson will be in camp.  It wouldn't hurt to have another DT on the practice roster.

Ford leaving hurts.  In his one start, he showed he can be a Cornerback in this league.  Maybe look at the kid from Guleph, who is 6'3.

Please identify the team you identify with so we can gauge your level of sincerity and guard against treacherous acts of sabotage.  Certainly welcome opinions of other team's fans on this forum, it's just better to know where they are coming from.

Blue In BC

In the current top 20 draft list, who are probably going to get NFL tryout offers and / or who is likely to stick?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

I would not be surprised if stick to bolstering the lines on both sides with early picks unless an alien talent slides to us where it is a no brainer.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

kkc60

I think Dline and LB depending what happens with Briggs. DB and RB too as Augustine is in a contract year and we have let go of a few canadian DBs

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 07, 2023, 04:51:22 PM
Please identify the team you identify with so we can gauge your level of sincerity and guard against treacherous acts of sabotage.  Certainly welcome opinions of other team's fans on this forum, it's just better to know where they are coming from.

Haha, I tried that a couple weeks ago.  From his handle I would guess it's BC.

It's ok, he seems genuine, and (once again) welcome to the forum!  At least he was honest, saying "you" instead of "we".  And his ideas haven't been bad in any way.
Never go full Rider!

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 07, 2023, 04:51:22 PM

I'm a Ti-Cats fan.  I post on every teams forum.  What I said is true though. 

Bombers draft needs from most important to least

1. Defensive End depth
2. Halfback depth
3. Cornerback depth
4. Defensive tackle depth
5. MLB and WLB  depth
6. Reciever depth
7. SLB depth
8. Safety depth
9. Oline depth

I didn't include QB or DHB, because usually teams don't draft for those positions.

CrazyCanuck89

If I had too mock a guy to the Bombers, maybe a Reese Martin.  Perfect for the three technique position.

Sec223

Interesting no one mentioned drafting a kicker.

Jesse

Quote from: Sec223 on February 08, 2023, 11:44:30 AM
Interesting no one mentioned drafting a kicker.

That's what got us into this mess! lol.

But for realisies. Seems out of character for the Bombers to try and replace Legs. This will be a big year for him to see if he continues on his development path.

And you don't draft a replacement. If we wanted to replace him, we'd be bringing in Americans or Globals.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Hey Crazy Canuck,

Great submission.
So, the Bombers, like every other team needs a Canadian at all positions, except kicker and QB.  Thanks for the insight. What an insightful comment! 

Do you copy and paste on all other teams websites, but just change the name of the team? Lol!

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: DM83 on February 08, 2023, 12:25:14 PM
Hey Crazy Canuck,

Great submission.
So, the Bombers, like every other team needs a Canadian at all positions, except kicker and QB.  Thanks for the insight. What an insightful comment! 

Do you copy and paste on all other teams websites, but just change the name of the team? Lol!

Sure draft a kicker and take a shot at a Canadian QB.  Your weakest position does seem to be Canadian defensive end.  I don't see you guys taking an Olinemen early, with Dobson and Eli as your backups.

Pigskin

I think Ford will return to the bombers early into the season. I am still thinking DE would a great first round pick. LB would definitely be high on my wishing.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Pigskin on February 08, 2023, 02:59:29 PM
I think Ford will return to the bombers early into the season. I am still thinking DE would a great first round pick. LB would definitely be high on my wishing.

Doubt we'll see Ford this season. The earliest would be September sometime but I think that's wishful thinking.