Does anyone remember the Hunter's Potato Chips sold at Winnipeg Stadium?

Started by Foxhound, January 24, 2023, 08:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxhound

For some time in the 1960's Hunter's Potato Chips were the brand sold at Winnipeg Stadium. Does anyone remember buying Hunter's Potato Chips in those days?

???

I think that's Herb Gray on the left with Bud Grant in this ad from the 14 September 1963 Winnipeg Blue Bombers program promoting the 1963 Hunter's CFL coins:

Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

And does anyone else here collect the 1963 CFL coins that were free inside each bag of Hunter's? Here's the one of Kenny Ploen:

???
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

The 1963 CFL coins had transparent backs. Here's the reverse of one:
Radically Canadian!

pjrocksmb

Ok we need this next year, get me a bag of old Dutch with a coin with Biggie or Willie on it.

Speaking of CFL collectables, anyone have the football cards in the 90s?

Foxhound

Quote from: pjrocksmb on January 25, 2023, 01:13:24 AMOk we need this next year, get me a bag of old Dutch with a coin with Biggie or Willie on it.

Yes, I really wish Old Dutch would issue a 180-225 coin CFL set!

Quote from: pjrocksmb on January 25, 2023, 01:13:24 AMSpeaking of CFL collectables, anyone have the football cards in the 90s?

I have the 1991 All World(English) and both the 1991 and 1992 Jogo.

:)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Well I have learned that Old Dutch Foods did not acquire Hunter's anyway (or at least they've completely forgotten about it).

:(
Radically Canadian!

pjrocksmb

Let's start a petition! Bring back the coins bring back the coins!

Foxhound

Next time I email Old Dutch I'm going to strongly suggest that they issue a 225 coin CFL set.

:)
Radically Canadian!

ichabod_crane

I have some blue bomber team cards from early 1980?s. Dieter (don?t call me Ralph) Brock et al?maybe from 1982. Think some local issue only. TRUE BLUE book from 1984 cup run. Sold like hotcakes after GC WIN.

TecnoGenius

Didn't they sell programs every game in the 80's?  I miss those programs.  I didn't seem to have kept any from then, though.  But I remember they always had a page that showed all the ref hand signals.  Loved studying that page as a kid, waiting thru the commercial breaks.

Bring back the programs!  (Yes, we get the depth chart sheet today, but it's not as much info.)
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 06, 2023, 08:16:22 AM
Didn't they sell programs every game in the 80's?  I miss those programs.  I didn't seem to have kept any from then, though.  But I remember they always had a page that showed all the ref hand signals.  Loved studying that page as a kid, waiting thru the commercial breaks.

Bring back the programs!  (Yes, we get the depth chart sheet today, but it's not as much info.)

You are correct. I have a full box or two of those programs from the 80?s. Known as cfl illustrated I believe. Also discovered some game programs from the latter 1960?s my one uncle had during that era. 

Also remember ordering the cfl facts and figures stats mini-sized books for a few years in the 80?s. This was before all such information was on the world wide web/internet like today.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on February 07, 2023, 04:54:36 AM
You are correct. I have a full box or two of those programs from the 80?s. Known as cfl illustrated I believe. Also discovered some game programs from the latter 1960?s my one uncle had during that era. 

If you ever find you have a duplicate of a program you can part with, I'll happily buy one off you.  Especially the 1982-1988 range, which is when I went the most with my dad.  Kicking myself I didn't keep them... but that was before I started collecting anything at all.

I think you had to pay a buck or two to get one?  I always bugged my dad to buy it.  Back then I liked reading it as much as watching the game.  Good times.
Never go full Rider!

bryan35

A few years ago CO-Op was selling Buck Pierce chips. Think it was him...

Foxhound

I'm really surprised that nobody on this board actually remembers Hunter's chips. Is everybody here a youngster?

???

Radically Canadian!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Foxhound on March 18, 2023, 01:14:04 AM
I'm really surprised that nobody on this board actually remembers Hunter's chips. Is everybody here a youngster?

???

Maybe they ate too many chips and passed away lol