Potential Quarterback Landing Spots

Started by Pigskin, January 22, 2023, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 30, 2023, 05:19:59 PM
They might have Couture in their sights.

They have everyone in their sights....doesn't seem like there's much desire to actually go there.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 30, 2023, 01:38:26 AM
Lol does this topic really need its very own thread? Guess the Bowl is a little slow for ol Tecno these days.

Yah Sask has no QBs signed big whoop! :D

But SSK is "Canada's Team"!!  Derp derp

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 30, 2023, 03:28:17 AM
They can't sign any QB that hasn't reached free agency. So what do you expect?

Didn't stop HAM from figuring it out.  SSK could have sent anyone an 8th RDP for "talking rights" like HAM did.  But they didn't.

Either SSK has a FA QB in the bag already but can't say anything until day 1 of FA, or they are going to get screwed.  I really don't see any other outcome.  I'm not sure the clowns there (O'Day et al) have any idea what they are doing.

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on January 30, 2023, 05:40:21 AM
They must have been wooing Chad Kelley because Kelley stated he published he would "love to play for the Green Riders"! 
Bit of a gamble for them if they'd consider risking it on someone who hasn't really proven he's more than just a flash in the pan.    Whether he does or not.....either way the Riders aren't in great shape QB-wise!

Maybe SSK does have something in the bag in Kelly; maybe they've been talking with Pinball.  This would actually be a good move for SSK.

All the remaining CFL QBs that have been listed here (ex-MBT) are what Aards said: almost-maybes or could-have-beens or who-knows.  Even Kelly.  But at least after winning that GC I think the greenie fans would be willing to give him a shot (over Cody).

While I do not believe SSK is "Canada's Team", I do think they are treated differently and cannot afford to go into 2023 with nothing to offer the raging fans.  And it will be a sad day for the CFL when Mosaic looks as empty on TV as OTT did in 2022.  The outcome I'd love to see is a "promising" young QB coming in to give them all hope and sell STs, and then by mid-season be Brohming the joint out and crushing their hearts.  :o ;D

Ultimately I want to see O'Day and Dickenson The Lesser fired.  8)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 30, 2023, 01:38:26 AM
Lol does this topic really need its very own thread? Guess the Bowl is a little slow for ol Tecno these days.

That is true.  I'm hitting that 3 month CFL-withdrawl hump right about now.  Days are getting longer and I'm pining for the end of May.  Doesn't help I'm rewatching the 2023 season now.  Just a few more months.  Just a few more months...
Never go full Rider!

BlueInCgy

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 31, 2023, 02:22:40 AM
But SSK is "Canada's Team"!!  Derp derp

Didn't stop HAM from figuring it out.  SSK could have sent anyone an 8th RDP for "talking rights" like HAM did.  But they didn't.

True cost of the ?talking rights?, since BLM signed with the Cats, is the Cats 1, 3, and 6th round draft picks in 2023 and 2 round pick in 24.  Huff is a freaking genius.

Big Daddy

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 31, 2023, 02:25:58 AM
That is true.  I'm hitting that 3 month CFL-withdrawl hump right about now.  Days are getting longer and I'm pining for the end of May.  Doesn't help I'm rewatching the 2023 season now.  Just a few more months.  Just a few more months...

In your crystal ball?!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Big Daddy on January 31, 2023, 03:39:26 AM
In your crystal ball?!

Holy smokes, you'll never guess what happens in week 8!  And the GC is epic!  I always told you guys my computer PVR is exceptionally good.  Builtin Tardis.

Haha, thanks for catching that.  You know what I meant.... need to start going to sleep earlier, I suppose.

Quote from: BlueInCgy on January 31, 2023, 03:13:02 AM
True cost of the ?talking rights?, since BLM signed with the Cats, is the Cats 1, 3, and 6th round draft picks in 2023 and 2 round pick in 24.  Huff is a freaking genius.

Holy smokes x2!  That is insane.  Still, HAM will now have BLM, who has at least a 10% chance of not sucking, and can at least sell STs.  SSK still has squat bupkis.  I think this is going to end very badly for our green neighbors.
Never go full Rider!

Nic16

I think Sask has their eyes on Harris, but the ALS are trying to re-sign him.

Option 2 is waiting to see what the Argos or shall I say what MBT decides to do. Option 1 could become a trade for Kelly if MBT returns for another year.

Option 3 is trading for Evans or waiting for Hammy to cut him.

Option 4 is running Fajardo back out there.

theaardvark

How come no one is talking about a Darian Durant comeback?   He was a ong time favourite in SSK, and I bet he could still play.  Riders can give him, say, $70 up front for signing, and lots of playing incentives. 

And then he can retire a Rider...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Seems a bit steep, CFL.ca has the trade listed as:

The Tiger-Cats completed the trade on Monday, sending the Calgary Stampeders a third-round pick in the 2023 CFL Draft, a fifth-round pick in the 2024 CFL Draft and future considerations.

BlueInCgy

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 31, 2023, 04:52:03 PM
Seems a bit steep, CFL.ca has the trade listed as:

The Tiger-Cats completed the trade on Monday, sending the Calgary Stampeders a third-round pick in the 2023 CFL Draft, a fifth-round pick in the 2024 CFL Draft and future considerations.

https://twitter.com/markonfootball/status/1617911193641058304?s=61&t=9oBa3sfPSJMPhBSoXC93Aw

Mark Stephen reporting otherwise.

theaardvark

HAM does not just get just talking rights, they also get 2023 first rounder (5th overall) and a 20241 3rd rounder... so not quite the haul... but still substantial for a guy on an expiring deal that was NOT going to resign... better than VAN got for Horvath ;)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

I am seeing Calgary and Hamilton swamping picking in the first round. Calgary has no pick in the 2nd round. And then they get Hamilton's 3rd round pick. Calgary picks for the first 4 rounds. 4/22/24/33. So Hamilton will now pick 6th in the 1st round, instead of 4th. It looks like, Calgary and Edmonton have both forfeited there picks in the 2nd. round. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.