Blue Bombers Sign Tui Eli

Started by ModAdmin, January 18, 2023, 10:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LXTSN

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 20, 2023, 02:34:21 PM
ThE eViL mAiNsTrEaM mEdiA!

Solid clown comment.
Can we be done with this already?
So tired of people overreacting to this stuff. We are talking about FOOTBALL here. No need to bring up personal politcal or medical views! As far as I know, nobody here is a doctor so let's leave this with the experts to debate.

Eli was a freak athlete for us and improved greatly over the year! I really like the comment made about him as a potential TE in our offence. I could see him as a Trent Williams type of guy to pull on outside runs and get downfield quickly.

Pumped to have him back!

Pigskin

Quote from: LXTSN on January 20, 2023, 08:09:53 PM
Can we be done with this already?
So tired of people overreacting to this stuff. We are talking about FOOTBALL here. No need to bring up personal politcal or medical views! As far as I know, nobody here is a doctor so let's leave this with the experts to debate.

Eli was a freak athlete for us and improved greatly over the year! I really like the comment made about him as a potential TE in our offence. I could see him as a Trent Williams type of guy to pull on outside runs and get downfield quickly.

Pumped to have him back!

I also think he is going to be big part of this team going forward. He has had a nice rest and now feels ready to play some football again.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

LXTSN

Quote from: Pigskin on January 20, 2023, 09:16:42 PM
I also think he is going to be big part of this team going forward. He has had a nice rest and now feels ready to play some football again.
For sure! We have a good variety of younger and older Canadian OL which is nice to see.
When I was looking at the roster I didn't realize that Couture and Gray were the same age.
I'd way rather re-sign Couture and lose Gray... can we trade Gray instead?

blueandgoldguy

If he lives up to his potential this will be a huge signing.  He has CFL all-star potential.  Here's hoping we have the best o-line once again in 2023!

Pete

It  will be interesting as to what kind of shape he is in come trainng camp with a year away from football

Pigskin

Quote from: Pete on January 21, 2023, 09:18:08 PM
It  will be interesting as to what kind of shape he is in come trainng camp with a year away from football

I think he will come in rested and in excellent condition. He knows our O and most of the players he will be playing with, so this will be an advantage for him and the team.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

3 year deal is interesting, I guess Walters wanted him to commit to football again... seems to have had an on again, off again relationship with "handegg" (the British name for American Football).

Yes, he had issues due to family health, and then the whole vaccine situation, and he was an NFL prospect at one time.  If he can harness and focus the ability that got him on NFL radar, he's going to be an asset.  I still love having Paddy Neufeld as OL6, just for experience and to reduce wear and tear on him.  Eli at starting OG sounds good...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bwiser

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 20, 2023, 04:22:41 AM
I was wondering if those-who-shall-remain-nameless would out themselves... that didn't take long.

Read my long post?  Clearly the locker room will happily accept the guy.  Therefore the guys are either (now) ok with his decision, or they might even respect him more for staying true to himself.  I have no idea, but it's clear they are not saying what you just said (would fail the FI test).  Neither is RH, neither is MOS, neither is KW...

Someone needs to stop watching CBC and CNN all day.  You going to boo Eli when they announce the starting O in June??  For 3 years?

I won't boo him but I would prefer a more team oriented player than a me first player. Its hard to win with players who make questionable decisions.

Blue In BC

Quote from: bwiser on January 25, 2023, 12:02:03 AM
I won't boo him but I would prefer a more team oriented player than a me first player. Its hard to win with players who make questionable decisions.

Just because some don't agree with his decision doesn't mean he's either a me 1st person or made a questionable decision. In theory he could have played in 2022 and didn't. There may have been more to do with his decision that we understand.

Everything suggests he was a good team oriented player. I'm pro-vax but have some family members that are anti-vax.
2019 Grey Cup Champions