Blue Bombers extend contract of offensive tackle Jermarcus Hardrick

Started by ModAdmin, January 11, 2023, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers extend contract of offensive tackle Jermarcus Hardrick

WINNIPEG, MB., January 11, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American offensive tackle Jermarcus Hardrick to a one-year contract extension. He was scheduled to become a free agent next month.

Hardrick (6-5, 319, University of Nebraska; born: May 30, 1990, in Batesville, MS) returns to the Blue Bombers for a seventh season in 2023. Hardrick started 17 regular season games at right tackle for the Blue Bombers in 2022 and was part of an offence that finished second in offensive points (28.2), first in touchdowns (58), second in rushing yards (113.5) while yielding the second-fewest sacks (29).

Hardrick and the Blue Bombers offensive line played pivotal roles in quarterback Zach Collaros being named the CFL's Most Outstanding Player for a second consecutive season and the first 1,000-yard rushing campaign in Brady Oliveira's career.

A consistent presence at right tackle for the Blue Bombers since 2016, Hardrick was a CFL All-Star in 2021 and was named to the CFL Players? Association All-Star squad in 2022.

He has now appeared in 115 regular season CFL games, including 95 as a member of the Blue Bombers, 12 with the B.C. Lions in 2014 and eight with the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 2015 and was a member of Winnipeg's back-to-back Grey Cup teams in 2019 and 2021.

Hardrick began his college days at Fort Scott Community College before transferring to Nebraska. He had tryouts with Tampa Bay and New Orleans before coming north to the CFL.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

bwiser

Love seeing continuity on the offensive line. It sounds like Demski will be the next one coming off the list of unsigned free agents.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

pjrocksmb

TecnoGenius

No surprise here.  But good news nonetheless.

I acknowledge now that Bryant is better (took me 5 years), but Yoshi is still my fave.  Boy it's nice to have so much continuity for so long on the OL.  We had many years where this wasn't the case.

I wonder where we get the $$ to keep bumping all these guys up another $10-$20k every year to keep them happy.  You've gotta find the savings by letting at least 1-2 vets go in order to sign the ELCs.  Or do we manage to keep all these players without any $ bump??
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 12, 2023, 07:04:06 AM

I acknowledge now that Bryant is better (took me 5 years), but Yoshi is still my fave.  Boy it's nice to have so much continuity for so long on the OL.  We had many years where this wasn't the case.

I wonder where we get the $$ to keep bumping all these guys up another $10-$20k every year to keep them happy.  You've gotta find the savings by letting at least 1-2 vets go in order to sign the ELCs.  Or do we manage to keep all these players without any $ bump??

Not every vet is going to get automatic pay raises. It's hard to know exactly because it's not public but Stanley Bryant isn't worth more this year than last year despite winning the most outstanding lineman award. Age is a factor. Jeffcoat should be worth less this year than last off-season, certainly he's not getting a raise after 2022, for example.

Lincoln Locomotive

He's definitely a fan favourite albeit he had some nagging injuries last season that hampered his full playing potential.    Even at 80% he was still an asset to the team.   Hoping he has an injury free season and helps us get to the promised land a few times more before he hangs em up! 
Bomber fan for life

Sec227

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 12, 2023, 07:04:06 AM

No Kidding. CFL should just publish the contracts like every other pro league does. Don't get it.