Remaining Blue Bomber Free Agents as of January 9, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, January 09, 2023, 04:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on January 27, 2023, 03:35:26 PM
You guys looked good no matter who played SLB.  Good to see Kramdi get a start.  Was great to see rookie SLBs like Dalke and Makonzo get starts for their teams.

You guys?  Are you another team's fan?  If so, welcome!  Always good to hear opinions from across Canada.  If you're a true bluer, then my apologies: welcome nonetheless  :D

Yes, Kramdi looked pretty good.  Almost never see NAT at SAM.  We have very good NAT LBer depth.

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 27, 2023, 05:22:42 PM
I really like Taylor but he turns 35 in March. If his injury was an achilles he may not even be ready to participate by TC. I would rule him out but both those issues suggest he isn't re-signed. Lawrence, Parker and Holm are all expected back.

And Houston?  I'd think (and hope) Houston was placed above the other 3.  I sure hope Taylor is ready by TC if we are giving him another shot.  But you're right: his injury was mid/late season.  Darn, that sucks.  But we usually don't "can" players who are still mid-injury...
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 28, 2023, 04:22:09 AM
You guys?  Are you another team's fan?  If so, welcome!  Always good to hear opinions from across Canada.  If you're a true bluer, then my apologies: welcome nonetheless  :D

Yes, Kramdi looked pretty good.  Almost never see NAT at SAM.  We have very good NAT LBer depth.

And Houston?  I'd think (and hope) Houston was placed above the other 3.  I sure hope Taylor is ready by TC if we are giving him another shot.  But you're right: his injury was mid/late season.  Darn, that sucks.  But we usually don't "can" players who are still mid-injury...

I expect Houston to be the starter at CB but it could become a TC battle against Lawrence. Generally expecting Parker to retain his spot inside at DHB. All of our DB's seem to be capable of playing multiple positions.

So clarity on ultimate decisions may evolve around recoveries from injuries in 2022 and any new nicks in TC. There are SMS issues as well so it's not entirely clear what they can do as opposed to want to do.

Injury, age, SMS and succession planning with the rookies from 2022. Last couple of seasons we've added some good talent and maybe we find the next Alford or Nichols that win a starting role coming out of TC?

I could be surprised that Taylor is both able to return by TC and wants to return. OTOH I think the Bombers have made one of those tough decisions to move on. Who decided what 1st IDK.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

OK the clock is officially kicking on a couple of his key key element still out there especially Demski, Darby and Schoen!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 01, 2023, 10:21:20 PM
OK the clock is officially kicking on a couple of his key key element still out there especially Demski, Darby and Schoen!

Schoen is already signed for 2023. Demski, Bailey, Darby, would be nice ASAP. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

the paw

Quote from: Pigskin on February 01, 2023, 10:40:11 PM
Schoen is already signed for 2023. Demski, Bailey, Darby, would be nice ASAP. 

After Demski, my next highest priority would be Casey Sayles.
grab grass 'n growl

Blue In BC

Quote from: the paw on February 01, 2023, 11:33:05 PM

Sayles is important as you mentioned. OTOH replacing a DT might be easier than replacing a receiver like Bailey or a returner like Grant.

Either way the ranking isn't as important as getting most of these players to re-sign.

At the moment their are potential quality replacements for most positions but it's an SMS question as well if they reach free agency. I wouldn't mind getting Richardson back if he lowers his SMS hit.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 02, 2023, 12:13:30 AM
Sayles is important as you mentioned. OTOH replacing a DT might be easier than replacing a receiver like Bailey or a returner like Grant.

Either way the ranking isn't as important as getting most of these players to re-sign.

At the moment their are potential quality replacements for most positions but it's an SMS question as well if they reach free agency. I wouldn't mind getting Richardson back if he lowers his SMS hit.

Richardson is not an FA per CFL.ca FA list page.

I like Pete Robinson.

Pigskin

Quote from: the paw on February 01, 2023, 11:33:05 PM

Yes, Sayles had another very good year.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

M.O.A.B.

blue_or_die

Have to think the Demski re-signing is waiting for the perfect PR moment. He's our premiere signing. Hometown boy superstar.

I'm expecting a 3 year rich deal and a big press event to follow.
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 02, 2023, 12:44:11 PM
Have to think the Demski re-signing is waiting for the perfect PR moment. He's our premiere signing. Hometown boy superstar.

when is the perfect PR moment? It is minus 30 outside.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 02, 2023, 12:44:11 PM

I'm not worried. But I'd like it announced sooner rather than later.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 02, 2023, 01:20:29 PM
when is the perfect PR moment? It is minus 30 outside.

Entirely possible he went on vacation and we'll do it once he's back.
My wife is amazing!

TBURGESS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

theaardvark

Demski will explore options in the tampering period, and Walters will roll out the chequebook between the tampering window and the FA start... 

Or Demski signs somewhere for for more than the $225k a season Walters can pay...

Third option, Demski's as is outside Walters budget, and Collaros renegotiates his deal to add the $20k needed to sign Demski, knowing that it makes the $34k GC bonus a lot more likely...

We didn't miss the loss of Lawler all that much, I'm not saying we won't miss Demski, but Oleary Orange looked pretty good last year in that role... and we still have Wolitarski...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pete

Is paying over 200k for a guy who gets 5-7 touches a game ( approx 70yds) a good investment? Hes also not in the top 50 recievers for yards per catch. I get that he brings an added dimension to the offence with his ablity tp run but in saying that in the western final and grey cup his running yards was less than 10  total. I cant see us going higher than 195k unless there is are bonuses for yards gained