Blue Bombers extend contract of CFL's Most Outstanding Lineman Stanley Bryant

Started by ModAdmin, January 05, 2023, 03:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Winnipeg Blue Bombers extend contract of CFL's Most Outstanding Lineman Stanley Bryant

Four-time CFL Most Outstanding Lineman returns in 2023 for his eighth season in Blue and Gold

WINNIPEG, MB., January 5, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club signed all-star offensive tackle Stanley Bryant to a one-year extension. He was scheduled to become a free agent in February.

Bryant (6-5, 313, East Carolina; born: May 7, 1986, in Goldsboro, N.C.) returns in 2023 for what will be his eighth season with the Blue Bombers and 13th in the Canadian Football League including his days with the Calgary Stampeders (2010-14).

Bryant added to his legacy as one of the most decorated linemen in Blue Bombers and CFL history in 2022 in being honoured as the CFL's Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman for a record fourth time while also being selected to the CFL All-Star team for a seventh time.

All four of Bryant's top lineman awards have come during his time in Winnipeg, having previously received the honour in 2017, 2018 and 2021. He was also the runner-up for the award in 2019.

Bryant was also named the Blue Bombers' Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman for a sixth time in 2022, marking the eighth team award in his career including in 2011 and 2013 as a member of the Stampeders.

Bryant has been a mainstay on the left side of the Blue Bombers offensive line since first signing with the club as a free agent in 2015. Bryant had dressed for 186 games in his CFL career, including the last 120 in Winnipeg.

He is three-time Grey Cup champion, having won in 2019 and 2021 with the Blue Bombers and 2014 with Calgary.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Excellent. I had no doubt he'd re-sign. Usually he doesn't sign quite as quickly but it never seems in doubt that he does.

LT is a critical position protecting the QB. He's the top player there, so glad it's done now.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

I honestly thought he would be our biggest retirement. With him back our O-line should look pretty simalir to last year, however I do wonder what who gets the 2 spots between Couture, Kolankowski and Gray... If I were choosing based on gameplay, I would pick Couture and Kolankowski with Gray and Dobson as our 6th and 7th guys.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: LXTSN on January 05, 2023, 03:51:00 PM
I honestly thought he would be our biggest retirement. With him back our O-line should look pretty simalir to last year, however I do wonder what who gets the 2 spots between Couture, Kolankowski and Gray... If I were choosing based on gameplay, I would pick Couture and Kolankowski with Gray and Dobson as our 6th and 7th guys.

Couture is a F.A., Gray and Kolankowski are not, this may determine who starts along the O-line rather than talent, also the downside of always paying one lineman more than the rest.

TBURGESS

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

TecnoGenius

Awesome.  Not surprised at all, though.

What's the whisper on $$?

How can you not love Big Stan The Man?  Zach will sleep better tonight...
Never go full Rider!

dd

We will all sleep better tonight. Perennial all star left tackles aren?t exactly a dime a dozen

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!