Dalton Schoen working our for Vikes...

Started by theaardvark, December 21, 2022, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraid

The talent on our receiving corps is.....let's just say very substantial...Will there be enough balls thrown to go around and keep everyone happy...???I'm sure Zack has a smile a mile wide with what Walters has provided him....Envy of the league I'd say ....With Bailey coming back for another year, he gives us a tremendous blocking asset as well as his receiving prowess...Schoen is going to have another big year as well as Demski ..... and that should give us a very good chance at another Cup appearance in 23'....AND with a different outcome than the last go around...

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 23, 2023, 03:44:40 AMIt's a field.  We all go to it 10+ times a year.

I wish they'd gone to Dalton Schoen on the field more often yesterday....

:(
Radically Canadian!

KINGCHARLES

Quote from: blueraid on February 22, 2023, 09:13:56 PM
The talent on our receiving corps is.....let's just say very substantial...Will there be enough balls thrown to go around and keep everyone happy...???I'm sure Zack has a smile a mile wide with what Walters has provided him....Envy of the league I'd say ....With Bailey coming back for another year, he gives us a tremendous blocking asset as well as his receiving prowess...Schoen is going to have another big year as well as Demski ..... and that should give us a very good chance at another Cup appearance in 23'....AND with a different outcome than the last go around...

People love stats, thing is the CFL's new and improved stats department is absolute ducking trash right now, i've been apart of amateur football programs that are more transparent.
That being said, Collaros after the 1st quarter last night was on pace to break Dunigans single game passing yardage record. Even Doug Brown on CJOB who is more defensive minded joked that Collaros was on pace for a 13,000 yard season with a few hundred TD's.
Also with the mindset of "not enough balls to go around" that's 100% a  fan perspective, we judge based on stats, we thrive on stats, we expect stats. O'Shea and his winning culture, his team, his FIFO mentality culture only cares about 1 stat and that's going 1-0 each week.

Random stats that are amazing for us from last night from what we can only temporarily see:
Collaros 354 yrds and 3 TD's ....without Lawler in the lineup....projects to 6,372 yards and 54 TD's over an 18 game season.
Brady Oliveira, thought i saw him at 116 yards rushing (currently shows 106 but think 116 is accurate) and 58 yards receiving and 1 TD... projects to 2088 yrds rushing, 18 TD's and 1044 yrds receiving.
Demski 113 yards receiving 1 TD...projects to 2034 yards and 18 TD's.
Schoen and Wolitarsky both over 55.5 yards receiving = on pace for over 1,000 yards.
This is only week 1, the offence is only learning what they are capable of. By week 5 or 6 this will be potentially one of the most lethal offences ever.

Defensively stats wise... 3 sacks, 6 turnovers.
who had the sacks? Jefferson 2 and Haba?
Looking at play by play it looks like Jeffcoat only played the 1st quarter and that Haba may have had aprox 3 tackles and a sack in place of him.
Either way Jefferson is on pace for 36 sacks and about 60 Knockdowns.. Haba is on pace for 18 sacks (I didn't even know who he was until his sack).
Houston is on pace for 36 interceptions (lol).
Holm and Lawrence were competing with Jefferson for most knockdowns in the game, the 3 of them must have had their hands on at least 2-3 balls each.
Bighill probably had 4-6 tackles.
If the secondary improves on their play week to week, Rose and Parker may have a tough time returning which is an amazing problem to have.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

theaardvark

Only week one, but.

It was against the team generally considered to be the #2 favourite behind the WBB to win the GC...

So, the rest of the games should be easier...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Foxhound on June 10, 2023, 02:38:06 PM

I need to confirm, but I think they were double-teaming or at least FS-leaning on Schoen.  With no Lawler they are assuming Schoen is our best SB, as the stats would show.  I think that's what helped to open up Demski and even Bailey.

When Lawler comes back, Schoen should see a lot more looks.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Foxhound on June 10, 2023, 02:38:06 PM

:(

I rewatched the game last night and Schoen received a fair amount of targets going 5/60 yds., plus he dropped his first and a few other passes were knocked down.  With the addition of Lawler and Zach spreading the ball around more equitably I expect his stats will fall off quite a bit this year as he will receive more attention.  He still runs every route at 100%.

Foxhound

Quote from: DM83 on June 13, 2023, 02:43:36 PMHe looked slower.

I see that Schoen didn't practice yesterday due to an ankle problem. He also missed the first one or two practices last week with an ankle(?) problem. Hopefully the rest will enable him to be 100% on Friday at Mosaic.

:-\

Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Foxhound on June 14, 2023, 06:47:30 PM
I see that Schoen didn't practice yesterday due to an ankle problem. He also missed the first one or two practices last week with an ankle(?) problem. Hopefully the rest will enable him to be 100% on Friday at Mosaic.

Watch Schoen after every play, especially receptions/tackles.  He always walks away from a play like he's tweaked his ankle.  I'm talking like every time.  All last season and this season first game too.  Hobbles a bit and has a strained look on his face.  He never walks away looking 100% comfortable.

I have no idea if this is just his schtick, or if it's just his face/gait, or if he's always in a bit of pain.  If the latter, then I fully expect him to play his normal game in week 2.  He strikes me as a semi-Strevie: just keep on truckin', pain be damned.  I'm weird in that I always study faces/gait when players walk away from tackles... it's a great way to spot issues, even when they're trying to hide them.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 14, 2023, 07:20:39 PM
Watch Schoen after every play, especially receptions/tackles.  He always walks away from a play like he's tweaked his ankle.  I'm talking like every time.  All last season and this season first game too.  Hobbles a bit and has a strained look on his face.  He never walks away looking 100% comfortable.

I have no idea if this is just his schtick, or if it's just his face/gait, or if he's always in a bit of pain.  If the latter, then I fully expect him to play his normal game in week 2.  He strikes me as a semi-Strevie: just keep on truckin', pain be damned.  I'm weird in that I always study faces/gait when players walk away from tackles... it's a great way to spot issues, even when they're trying to hide them.

Schoen took some pretty good licks last game, the league-wide strategy to contain him this season might be to beat the snot out of him.

DM83

Them Thar ankles suck when they get twisted.