Dalton Schoen working our for Vikes...

Started by theaardvark, December 21, 2022, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

If the NFL was smart, they'd bring in the waggle, its one of the most exciting non-special teams differences between the league. 

If they ever did that, Schoen lands an NFL deal immediately...

Thank goodness the NFL is dumb.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 12, 2023, 09:01:01 PM
Alright, the NFL window closes on Feb. 14th, we should be hearing Schoen's status before the end of the week.  I suspect Walters is reworking his deal.

Why would he do that instead of using any SMS money to upgrade the roster elsewhere? If he money left over then he can consider re-working Schoen's deal.

We still need to sign a # 3 QB and possibly a couple of depth players in free agency. I don't think there are any good DL left that are affordable.

I'm not against Schoen getting more money but it's not the current priority.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 13, 2023, 01:29:49 AM
Why would he do that instead of using any SMS money to upgrade the roster elsewhere? If he money left over then he can consider re-working Schoen's deal.

We still need to sign a # 3 QB and possibly a couple of depth players in free agency. I don't think there are any good DL left that are affordable.

If Walters can lock him for multiple season past next season it would be prudent to do so.  Always a possibility he takes another shot at the NFL again next year anyway.  Elks signed Dillon Mitchell to a 2 year extension at $150K per, so the precedent has already been set.

GCn19

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 13, 2023, 01:29:49 AM

I am sure that re-upping Schoen will become a priority at some point this season, but agree we are not at that point right now. We will likely look to extend him with a healthy raise sometime this season to keep future cap hit down on a multi-year deal. It's the smart move.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

TecnoGenius

So the NFL window is now closed and AFAWK he didn't get an offer?  Can I stop holding my breath now??
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 15, 2023, 01:09:13 AM
So the NFL window is now closed and AFAWK he didn't get an offer?  Can I stop holding my breath now??

no
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Schoen will be back this season.

This receiving corps is going to be scary good.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Has Schoen agreed to come back yet?  Can't find anything on the Bomber website mentioning this and don't recall hearing an interview with him about his return.   Usually the Bombers will create an event from every scrap of good news they can conjure to create good vibes, perhaps they're still in the process of negotiating an extension with him.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 22, 2023, 07:02:37 PM
Has Schoen agreed to come back yet?  Can't find anything on the Bomber website mentioning this and don't recall hearing an interview with him about his return.   Usually the Bombers will create an event from every scrap of good news they can conjure to create good vibes, perhaps they're still in the process of negotiating an extension with him.

He has, yes.

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 22, 2023, 07:02:37 PM

He has.

There was an interview/article with Ed Tait and he posted a video on IG this week.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on February 22, 2023, 07:04:39 PM
He has.

There was an interview/article with Ed Tait and he posted a video on IG this week.

Thanks, what is "IG"?

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 22, 2023, 08:02:34 PM
Thanks, what is "IG"?

Instagram.

Just a 20 second video on how he was excited to return and was already working out.
My wife is amazing!