Dalton Schoen working our for Vikes...

Started by theaardvark, December 21, 2022, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on February 10, 2023, 04:57:51 AM
Having a great receiving corps is one thing, having an Oline that can protect a QB who can actually throw to them is quite another. We have all three...

Don't forget the tailback. Oliveira had an awesome 2022 season and that was after a slow start.

This 2023 offense is going to be scary. Scary good for us, scary bad for opponents. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

If you have an offense that is on the field most of the time, then the defense gets better because they are well rested...

I can see us winning TOP most games, and this is a sure handed bunch, so turnover battle should also be in our favour. 

This is going to be an exciting year...

It is interesting to look at the Bomber alumni that have signed elsewhere, the SMS$ they have eaten up, and the fact that in many ways, the 2023 Bombers may be better than the 2022 Bombers...

Too early for awarding GM of the Year? ;)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on February 10, 2023, 03:05:36 PM
If you have an offense that is on the field most of the time, then the defense gets better because they are well rested...

I can see us winning TOP most games, and this is a sure handed bunch, so turnover battle should also be in our favour. 

This is going to be an exciting year...

Too early for awarding GM of the Year? ;)

Doesn't always work that way, a very good offence can score quickly and often, I could see them winning games but losing TOP like they did in Edmonton last season.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 10, 2023, 02:00:41 PM
Don't forget the tailback. Oliveira had an awesome 2022 season and that was after a slow start.

This 2023 offense is going to be scary. Scary good for us, scary bad for opponents. ;D
Agree and BO will have a career year.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 10, 2023, 04:33:32 PM
Doesn't always work that way, a very good offence can score quickly and often, I could see them winning games but losing TOP like they did in Edmonton last season.

I don't know, MOS has morphed into a staunch TOP, keep-the-rock HC over his tenure.  Even moreso in the last 4 years.  Fast-scoring, tempo-O, and D-scoring without an eye towards holding that rock cost us games when we were decent in '15-'17.  Clock control is now a major factor in the MOS gameplan and we almost always do major clock bleed when we're ahead, even in the 1st half.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 11, 2023, 01:54:30 AM
I don't know, MOS has morphed into a staunch TOP, keep-the-rock HC over his tenure.  Even moreso in the last 4 years.  Fast-scoring, tempo-O, and D-scoring without an eye towards holding that rock cost us games when we were decent in '15-'17.  Clock control is now a major factor in the MOS gameplan and we almost always do major clock bleed when we're ahead, even in the 1st half.

agree....when you have a RB that thrives late in games like a AH or now, a BO....you can control the game in the 4th quarter when you have the lead.....with the weapons we have on offence we can do both....score quickly when needed and then close out the game with ball control
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 11, 2023, 01:54:30 AM

I think ideally Zach doesn't like to screw around with ball control offence, the first BC game last year is the best example I can think of, he likes to score often and score fast.  It may be contrary to O'Shea plans but he is also not going to stick his nose in Buck's business and tell them to play conservatively.   What you described probably applies more to tight defensive battles, which used to be the Bombers forte, but is no longer their preferred method of winning.

Pete

One area Zac and the offence can improve is in getting the ball out faster. Zac likes to improvise but against good man to man defences he runs out of time
Against Toronto we needed to have more quick timing plays to mitigate the rush

Jesse

Quote from: Pete on February 11, 2023, 08:12:26 PM
One area Zac and the offence can improve is in getting the ball out faster. Zac likes to improvise but against good man to man defences he runs out of time

Yes and no. Our biggest plays come from Zach extending the play.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on February 11, 2023, 11:45:48 PM
Yes and no. Our biggest plays come from Zach extending the play.

His ability to move the pocket and use hit feet has given the offense a significant advantage in terms of keeping defenders honest and extending plays.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pete on February 11, 2023, 08:12:26 PM

I believe he was limited in the GC which explains a lot of what went down in that game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pete

Not saying that he should stop doing what makes him successful, but against certain defences having more more quick hitting plays would be useful

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 12, 2023, 04:11:16 PM
I believe he was limited in the GC which explains a lot of what went down in that game.
albeit he insisted he was ok....I believe he was hampered although TO defences well against him.    He didn't have much time all game....maybe 10 years down the road when Zach is retired he may come out and tell us exactly how he was on that day
Bomber fan for life

Throw Long Bannatyne

Alright, the NFL window closes on Feb. 14th, we should be hearing Schoen's status before the end of the week.  I suspect Walters is reworking his deal.