Dalton Schoen working our for Vikes...

Started by theaardvark, December 21, 2022, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on January 19, 2023, 04:24:45 PM
Dalton may not be as effective with out the run start he gets in the CFL.

There's no doubt in my mind the waggle benefits his skillset immensely. He's a prototypical CFL receiver, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Horseman

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 19, 2023, 06:17:26 PM
There's no doubt in my mind the waggle benefits his skillset immensely. He's a prototypical CFL receiver, IMO.

Yes, I agree the waggle helps Dalton get separation from the DB as he is moving at full speed at the snap of the ball, not so in the NFL.

dd

Quote from: Jesse on January 19, 2023, 04:20:54 PM
Best defensive player we've probably ever seen in the CFL. He was unstoppable.
Hands down.

Blue In BC

No news on Schoen may be good news for the Bombers. While I wish him well in his NFL efforts, I'd be pleased to see him return to the Bombers in 2023. Sort of waiting for the shoe to drop or not to drop over the next few weeks. No idea what will happen.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Maybe that is why there has not been a Demski announcement they are waiting to see what happens to Schoen first?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 21, 2023, 03:29:05 PM
Maybe that is why there has not been a Demski announcement they are waiting to see what happens to Schoen first?

I don't think there is any connection in those two issues. Demski is potential free agent # 1 for the Bombers. That fact he's also a starting Canadian just makes that even more critical. If Schoen does does return he's still under contract for 2023. They might try to extend him but that's a different issue overall.

Demski may have been re-signed already and not announced. Announcements are a PR thing and don't necessarily get done in real time when they happen. However, as the free agency period gets closer we'll see more activity around the league. In that sense what happens with Schoen is beyond the teams direct control.

I can't imagine he won't return or even think about not returning. Pay him accordingly. Sounds simple enough.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 21, 2023, 04:12:27 PM
I don't think there is any connection in those two issues. Demski is potential free agent # 1 for the Bombers. That fact he's also a starting Canadian just makes that even more critical. If Schoen does does return he's still under contract for 2023. They might try to extend him but that's a different issue overall.

Demski may have been re-signed already and not announced. Announcements are a PR thing and don't necessarily get done in real time when they happen. However, as the free agency period gets closer we'll see more activity around the league. In that sense what happens with Schoen is beyond the teams direct control.

I can't imagine he won't return or even think about not returning. Pay him accordingly. Sounds simple enough.

I suspect the signing of Ellingson may be tied in with Schoen's availability, if he latches on with an NFL team they bring Ellingson back, if he doesn't I can see them moving on from him.  I think it's important to provide Collaros with  receivers he clearly favours as they're already on the same page and don't have to be reprogrammed, it's the easy solution.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on January 21, 2023, 04:12:27 PM

I am just searching for answers why Demski is not signed and announced yet?

blueandgoldguy

I have been hearing that Demski is already signed and they are just waiting to make an announcement to the press.  They tend to stagger these announcements over several days or weeks so each signee has their time in the limelight so to speak as opposed to announcing several recent signings on the same day.

bwiser

Quote from: blueandgoldguy on January 21, 2023, 08:55:12 PM
I have been hearing that Demski is already signed and they are just waiting to make an announcement to the press.  They tend to stagger these announcements over several days or weeks so each signee has their time in the limelight so to speak as opposed to announcing several recent signings on the same day.
I think you are right. Mitchell signed with Hamilton today so maybe the Bombers want to announce on a day that is quieter in the CFL.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: bwiser on January 25, 2023, 12:05:21 AM
I think you are right. Mitchell signed with Hamilton today so maybe the Bombers want to announce on a day that is quieter in the CFL.
Lets hope....we can't simply assume his signing is a fait accompli albeit I really believe he wants to remain a Bomber
Bomber fan for life

the paw

Shaq Evans getting no love from Riders.  If Schoen signs in the NFL is Evans a consideration?
grab grass 'n growl

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: the paw on January 25, 2023, 05:18:41 PM
Shaq Evans getting no love from Riders.  If Schoen signs in the NFL is Evans a consideration?
I am on the fence about him. Was it him or Fajardo? Or both? Plus correct me if I am wrong but he was injured a lot last couple years?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: the paw on January 25, 2023, 05:18:41 PM

Hope not, he's a grumpy malcontent.

the paw

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 25, 2023, 06:39:53 PM
I am on the fence about him. Was it him or Fajardo? Or both? Plus correct me if I am wrong but he was injured a lot last couple years?

He was injured in 2021 and missed half the year.  He didn't look entirely comfortable in 2022, but he would have had close to a 1000 yd season if he hadn't had a mid season injury.  I put down part of the dip to Fajardos uselessness, but part of it was Shaqs confidence.

He put up 1300 yards in 2019, and he won't be super expensive.  Who knows if he stays health though.
grab grass 'n growl