Dalton Schoen working our for Vikes...

Started by theaardvark, December 21, 2022, 04:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on February 04, 2023, 03:59:18 AM
Players rarely sit on the PR for a full year, most of them are on and off it like a yoyo.  Nothing much happening for Schoen, he'll be fortunate if he gets a PR spot at this point IMO.

True enough but being on a PR for only 4 or 5 games is as much as a CFL ELC deal and the chance to earn more.

Schoen is down to the last 4 or so days to get an NFL contract.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

What day is the final day for NFL window?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

I posted comments earlier that the NFL window closed on Feb 8th, so I think Schoen will be back. Free agency starts on Feb 14th but both the NFL option and tampering period seemed to close a week earlier.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

From what I've read the window is open til Feb 14th, Feb 8th was the 2022 date

the paw

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 09, 2023, 01:51:46 PM
I posted comments earlier that the NFL window closed on Feb 8th, so I think Schoen will be back. Free agency starts on Feb 14th but both the NFL option and tampering period seemed to close a week earlier.

It was my impression that the time between the close of legal tampering and start of free agency was 48 hours.  

I believe free agency starts on the 14th, so I would imagine the legal tampering period ends on or about the 12th.  
grab grass 'n growl

blue_gold_84

Whatever the date is, I can't and don't see Schoen getting a contract offer from a NFL team. I think if there had been sufficient interest, he'd have been offered something already.

Lawler and Schoen on the same field is going to be bonkers.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 09, 2023, 02:35:07 PM
Whatever the date is, I can't and don't see Schoen getting a contract offer from a NFL team. I think if there had been sufficient interest, he'd have been offered something already.

Lawler and Schoen on the same field is going to be bonkers.
throw in Demski and Agudosi and who do you key on?   Zach must be smiling at the prospect
Bomber fan for life

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pete on February 09, 2023, 02:28:35 PM
From what I've read the window is open til Feb 14th, Feb 8th was the 2022 date

You are correct I was in error. It changed for 2023 as you indicated.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

LXTSN

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on February 09, 2023, 03:35:14 PM
throw in Demski and Agudosi and who do you key on?   Zach must be smiling at the prospect
Woli-Lawler-Demski-Schoen-Agudosi is just unfair!

TecnoGenius

Don't sleep on Woli.  With all the attention the superstars will get, Woli is gonna be wide open flying down the rail a whack ton.

Quote from: LXTSN on February 09, 2023, 04:46:55 PM
Woli-Lawler-Demski-Schoen-Agudosi is just unfair!

That it is.  Best receiver corps in the CFL in maybe a decade.  And with an OL and QB that can get the job done... look out!
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Having a great receiving corps is one thing, having an Oline that can protect a QB who can actually throw to them is quite another. We have all three...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sec223

Never mind Zach smiling. BO must be vibrating. Go ahead do everything you can to stop the pass :)

Stretch

Quote from: Sec223 on February 10, 2023, 11:24:40 AM
Never mind Zach smiling. BO must be vibrating. Go ahead do everything you can to stop the pass :)

Don't forget about Buck. I'm sure he's rubbing his hands together in anticipation.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.