What If... We Won? ... MVP?

Started by TecnoGenius, December 13, 2022, 05:41:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If the Bombers had won the 2022 Grey Cup, who would have won MVP?

Zach
0 (0%)
Grant
8 (50%)
Schoen
1 (6.3%)
Jeffcoat
2 (12.5%)
Brady
4 (25%)
Hallett
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: December 16, 2022, 05:41:52 AM

TecnoGenius

I keep thinking about this.  We came within that last FG of probably winning the game.  Pretend that FG was made and the D makes a stop with about 1:00 left.

I find it an intriguing question because while some players made 1 amazing play, not many made 2+ amazing plays.  I guess you could say Brady did the most to win, but I'm of the mind that he likely gets MOC and I prefer it when different players gets MVP vs MOC.  So I'm picking someone else.

Think there should be another player listed?  Call an audible and I'll see if I can add it.

If this poll goes well we can do MOC next.

P.S. On the other side of things: did the TSN & panel think WPG was going to win?  Muamba winning both seems like a bit of a last-minute cop-out.  He just wasn't that impactful!  I rewatched the game to see what they were thinking and I just don't see it.  I'd probably put AJ as MVP because he scored the 2 TDs, even if they weren't difficult.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

Grant gets MVP if the Bombers make that FG and/or win the game, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

M.O.A.B.

dd

quit torturing yourselves....face it , we lost, there is no MVP...

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

Don't hate the thread thanks man this is a fun game

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Haha I knew the negative nancies would be out in force on this one.  ::)  No imagination.  Never read any Marvel What If comics when you were a kid?

It's a fair question because, really, no matter who won, no player at all stood out.  When's the last time there was a GC where it's nearly impossible to pick an MVP??  And not because there were many top players, but because everyone stunk?

To be honest, I think Grant should still have gotten MVP even though we lost.  Muamba?  He got 1 INT.  So what.  He couldn't stop Brady all night.  I'm happy for the guy to get a GC, but he is not an MVP like Zach was in '21 and AH in '19.
Never go full Rider!

bluengold204

Leggiho gets MVP if he makes the kick

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

theaardvark

Quote from: bluengold204 on December 14, 2022, 12:35:21 PM

Yup, if we win, it would be because Leggs had a day... maybe not MVP, but MVC at least...

And, if we won, it would also have been because Collaros was on.  So, I guess, he gets that nod...

But, it didn't happen, and since Leach won the Conn Smythe when the Flyers lost in 1976, I can't remember someone winning an MVP from the losing team...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bluengold204

Quote from: theaardvark on December 14, 2022, 03:53:18 PM
Yup, if we win, it would be because Leggs had a day... maybe not MVP, but MVC at least...

And, if we won, it would also have been because Collaros was on.  So, I guess, he gets that nod...

But, it didn't happen, and since Leach won the Conn Smythe when the Flyers lost in 1976, I can't remember someone winning an MVP from the losing team...

J.S. Giguere 2003

ichabod_crane

Ron hextall won the conn Smythe for the flyers in the 80?s too for the losing team. So not unprecedented, but rare for sure.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bluengold204 on December 14, 2022, 12:35:21 PM

Now that's an interesting take I hadn't considered.  Great suggestion: that's why I wanted this thread!

I agree with Aards that the guys who decide these things might think Leggs at MOC would be a better use of the trophies, keeping MVP free for someone else.

If you give Leggs MOC then it would stand to reason you give Grant MVP?  The win would basically be their two plays.  Well, and Hallett.  But Grant's 7 has to trump Hallett's saving of 3.  And Leggs gaining-of-3 counts for more than saving-of-3.

Wow, I didn't even know that was a thing!!  I thought there was some law.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

But note how not a single voter in this poll chose Zach.  I'm thinking the TSN voters would not have picked Zach either.  If we pulled off the win it was in spite of Zach, not because of.  He really did not much of anything (of benefit!) all night.  Handing off to Brady doesn't count.  The only great pass I recall was the timing out to Ellingson.  That was a thing of beauty.  Should have done that on 2nd & 5.
Never go full Rider!