Off Season News - Other CFL Teams

Started by ModAdmin, December 02, 2022, 04:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 27, 2023, 04:33:59 AM
Good for Suber.  It's funny, some of the guys you think will be future coaches just disappear, and some you never expect become life-long coaches.  Suber seems to have his bleep together, good for him, and best of luck.

Last of the 5'-6" DB's, he was great with the ankle tackles.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: jayrock on January 26, 2023, 03:42:48 PM
I have been around just not posting much, it is nice to participate again. Took some time off from posting here for a while.

Ha, sound like me over on the Riderfans forum  ;D ;D  Perennial lurker.  But you are one-up on me, as I haven't even made an account there!  :D

Now, I wonder whatever happened to Catfan.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 27, 2023, 04:55:40 PM
Last of the 5'-6" DB's, he was great with the ankle tackles.

The way that he would consistently shut down SJ Green, who was a full 8" taller than him, was absolutely incredible.
My wife is amazing!

ModAdmin

Saskatchewan Roughriders
@sskroughriders
1h
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have released American defensive lineman A.C. Leonard.

The Club wishes to thank A.C. for his contributions to the team over his five seasons in Green and White.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Quote from: ModAdmin on January 31, 2023, 08:38:15 PM
Saskatchewan Roughriders
@sskroughriders
1h
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have released American defensive lineman A.C. Leonard.

The Club wishes to thank A.C. for his contributions to the team over his five seasons in Green and White.

Did the Riders get tired of him, or was his contract just much for them to handle going forward. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on January 31, 2023, 08:46:41 PM
Did the Riders get tired of him, or was his contract just much for them to handle going forward. 
he would look good in blue and gold! ;D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on January 31, 2023, 08:46:41 PM

He had a $40K bonus due on Feb 1 and a contract that would have made him the highest paid defensive player in the league. Probably took somewhat of a cut to immediately sign in Edmonton.

The good news there is that it just used up some SMS space to chance other free agents by the Elks.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

the paw

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on January 31, 2023, 09:34:37 PM
Too late, Jones already snabbed him.

https://3downnation.com/2023/01/31/former-riders-dl-a-c-leonard-agrees-to-terms-with-edmonton-elks/

Leonard is the 18th d-lineman added to the roster.  Jones only has 11 OL signed, even though you need to start 5 of those.  He's like a kid in a candy store when it comes to defensive players.
grab grass 'n growl

Horseman

Jones just signs every football player around/available and then sees who comes out in the mix. When he was in Sask he even stalked a practice practice squad and had them housed in Regina in case of injuries until the league found out about it.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 31, 2023, 09:03:09 PM
he would look good in blue and gold! ;D

Nah.

Quote from: the paw on January 31, 2023, 10:43:01 PM
Leonard is the 18th d-lineman added to the roster.  Jones only has 11 OL signed, even though you need to start 5 of those.  He's like a kid in a candy store when it comes to defensive players.

More like a bull in a china shop. He can't manage a roster for ****.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 01, 2023, 04:39:05 PM
Nah.

More like a bull in a china shop. He can't manage a roster for ****.

Agree. Isn't AC the guy that wouldn't do the PED test last season and was suspended.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on February 01, 2023, 05:28:08 PM
Agree. Isn't AC the guy that wouldn't do the PED test last season and was suspended.

September 2021. He was suspended for two games for being unable to provide a sample for testing, and was suspended an additional game for verbal abuse directed at testing officials.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.